PDA

View Full Version : OTC Bespin Luke vs Saga Bespin Luke, which of the two do you like more? Pic's posted.

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 12:24 PM
I like both, but the OTC looks better to me. Hasbro cleaning up the pink crap on his face seems to make a difference.

sith_killer_99
05-30-2004, 01:14 PM
The OTC looks much better. I suppose it would be asking too much for Hasbro to remove the big honkin' button sticking out of his back. The one attatched to that stupid gimmick.

I will probably buy one to keep carded, even with the better paint job, I am not too excited about this figure.

Does anyone know which hand Luke will get?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Where did you get that huge OTC pic? Anyway, I like the new one better, IMO. I don't know if I'll get it though, as it's still pretty similar to the Saga one. And I don't really go for variations, like how the HOF/OTC R2-D2 is barely different from the POTJ one.

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 01:20 PM
Since I'll keep him carded, the button doesn't matter to me much.

Killer, I believe the hand will be the plastic peg version. Since that was the last production type. But Hasbro may surprise us all.:rolleyes:

JabbaJohn, I got the pic from the RS forums. I have no idea where it came from, maybe SW.com.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Since I'll keep him carded, the button doesn't matter to me much.

Killer, I believe the hand will be the plastic peg version. Since that was the last production type. But Hasbro may surprise us all.:rolleyes:

JabbaJohn, I got the pic from the RS forums. I have no idea where it came from, maybe SW.com.
Did they also have a pic of the #29 Hoth Vader? I want to see how different he is.

dindae
05-30-2004, 02:09 PM
I feel they are about the same. I like the fact that we are getting a clean one. I may even buy one to open depends on if I find it in stores.

Reefer Shark
05-30-2004, 02:29 PM
I like the OTC one better too. The paint job just looks better all-around on this one.

Think we'll get a "bloody stump" variation? - I'll say probably not..

sith_killer_99
05-30-2004, 02:57 PM
I have a feeling this one will be packed with his hand attatched.

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Did they also have a pic of the #29 Hoth Vader? I want to see how different he is.

Check the other thread I just started.

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 02:59 PM
I perfer the OTC Luke over the VOTC Luke. While they both will probably be purchased, the OTC is better.

Hellboy
05-30-2004, 03:44 PM
Thats cool that we'll be getting a paint variation on this Luke. I'm not sure which one I like better, the OTC version I suppose, but I do like the fact that we'll have a Luke with a before and after Bespin look now.

It'll be interesting to see if they include the Cloud City weathervein and the tourniquet with the OTC version. Looks like the only other notable difference is the metal hilt two-piece lightsaber being replaced with the plastic one-piece version. If the button isn't removed though I'll only be buying one for my carded collection. "Do you hear that Hasbro?"

JediTricks
05-30-2004, 10:31 PM
I like the face paint change here, but the real improvement IMO is the outfit, the Saga version is just ridiculously over the top with the weathering and it gives it a fake look. This looks good enough to purchase even though I already have 2 of the Saga version.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-31-2004, 12:42 AM
The OTC one looks much better. The paint job overall is really nice.

seanmcfripp
05-31-2004, 09:14 AM
Don't know if I'm just seeing things, but I swear the crotch piece is different. The points at which the legs connect at the hip sockets are angled now, presumably to lessen the wideness of his stance. If Hasbro made a change to the crotch mold for that purpose, I'm almost certain they would have filled in the hole where the button would have gone. Wow, with those two changes, this becomes an almost perfect figure. Now if they could just fix that stupid holster and sharpen up the sculpting details on the blaster, I'd be a happy guy.

Jayspawn
05-31-2004, 11:08 AM
They both look good to me. I have no rubs with the one we have -just another version is all. I'll pass because I have the SAGA version already.

Jay86
05-31-2004, 04:06 PM
I like the new one, but the old one is obviously great for a Bespin Battle scene, while I'll be using the new one for the Dagobah Cave battle.

jjreason
05-31-2004, 05:20 PM
Well he certainly is different from the Saga one. I think I like the cleaner one better too, even though Saga Bespin Luke was one of my favorites from 2002.

I think Hasbro has outsmarted me here again. They're not REALLY recarding these figures, they're REPAINTING them as well - which makes me want to buy them. Drat drat drat, there goes my happiness over spending less on figures this year.

Has anyone conclusively determined which of the OTC figures will be repainted besides Luke here?

adultstarwarsfreak
06-01-2004, 11:48 AM
I never did like the saga version. I remember being excited when I caught him at a local Wal-Mart and rushed home to open him to examine the figure. The button did not really bother me, though the figure could do without! But it was his open-mouth face sculpt that bothered me the most. It would not have been bad if Hasbro used a dark red or something to color the mouth but he reminded me of a dead zombie looking for brains to eat. Is it me, or does the OTC version have a different head sculpt? I hope so!!! The new paint job is really good, I have to commemorate Hasbro for that. If the hilt is plastic, I wouldn't mind if it came with a peg to attatch to his belt. Wishfully, with a newly sculpt. I remeber the vintage bespin luke was sculpted with the hilt attached. Either way, I am going to get this figure!

evenflow
06-01-2004, 12:18 PM
The new one.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-01-2004, 03:07 PM
I like the new one much better and I didn't think they could improve on the saga version as it is an extremely great figure too. But wow, otc luke looks great. His clothing is the more appropriate color and his face looks more crisp and realistic...the saga luke has a cartoony appearance at the face to me.

LTBasker
06-01-2004, 04:42 PM
I really liked the gory look of the Saga one, but the OTC one looks posistioned differently...if they took out the gimmick, then that'll be one of the greatest SW figures of all time IMO. All they have to do is gut it out, seal it, connect the waist and torso and voila. Probably easier than rehashing some lame little internal mechanisms..

BoShek
06-03-2004, 09:00 PM
OTC is really nice!