PDA

View Full Version : Hoth Vader

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 03:01 PM
Here is a picture of the Hoth Vader #29. I thing he looks decent. How 'bout you guys?

Reefer Shark
05-30-2004, 03:09 PM
I like it.:cool:

Even though it's just a rehash, it's still one of the best Vader sculpts to this day. I'm glad they're not over-doing it with the snow too..... (I had visions of this figure with snow all over his shoulders and helmet).

Another plus is that you know it will look freakin' awesome in the OTC packaging with a white hoth background. :smoker:

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 03:37 PM
That's snow on the bottom of his boots and Cloak? I thought it was just a glare?

sith_killer_99
05-30-2004, 03:39 PM
I think the helmet looks a bit off. A little too long in the "face" and a little too wide in the "mouth". But I said that the last time they released this figure. :rolleyes:

The snow is a nice touch and like Reefer Shark said, I am glad they didn't over do it.

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 03:48 PM
I was thinking the same as you Turbo. None the less, the snow looks good.

Hellboy
05-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Looks good to me. This is one of my favorite Vader sculpts so I'm glad it was chosen for the Hoth version. He'll look cool with a squad of Snowtroopers around him. I agree the snow is a nice subtle touch. :cool:

dindae
05-30-2004, 04:21 PM
I'm pleased to see these little changes.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-31-2004, 12:37 AM
I think the helmet looks a bit off. A little too long in the "face" and a little too wide in the "mouth". But I said that the last time they released this figure. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've always thought the same thing. He's very lantern jawed, but still, a nice figure. I'm glad he's not like that lame Hoth Chewie we got way back, with all the white specks spattered across him.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-31-2004, 02:44 PM
Er, this is just the Imperial Forces 4-pack figure, maybe with a little bit of snow (but even that's not for sure). Nice to know I won't have to get this guy.

jjreason
05-31-2004, 05:25 PM
It's a nice Vader. I hope these new lightsabers will be tough and sturdy. I hated the 2 pc jobbies. This Vader is worth the money just for the accessory, in my opinion.

Turbowars
05-31-2004, 05:47 PM
JabbaJohn is right, he is just a TRU 4 pack Vader and Killer is right about the long and wide face. The really bad thing about this Vader, is that he is so limited in the articulation area. Oh and I don't think there's any "Snow" on his boots. It's just a glare. I took my 4 pack version out and damn his boots are shinny!

sith_killer_99
05-31-2004, 07:58 PM
Let's see, they took the POTJ Emperor's Wrath Vader and molded him in black for the Imp. 4 pack. Now they are reusing him for the Hoth Vader?

Is that right?

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 08:02 PM
SOunds about right to me Killer. I will still probably get this one though. SOmething about the Vaders that I must buy them,plus on this card back, it just looks right.

JEDIpartner
05-31-2004, 08:08 PM
It's subtle.... it's fine.

stillakid
05-31-2004, 11:49 PM
Since when did he have his lightsaber out and ignited on Hoth?

Where's the snow on his shoulders?

dindae
05-31-2004, 11:55 PM

I don't believe he did but what fun is a Vader without a lightsaber.

The snow is on the bottoms of the feet and cape. Its not clear and could be bad glare but since it is Hoth Vader I'm guessing its snow.

Kidhuman
06-01-2004, 02:47 AM

Since when does Hologram/spirit Ben and Luke have ignited saber? Since when did Anakin whip out ag lightsaber during the wedding scene? Why doesnt Obi-Wan Nightclub have ag saber when he clearly uses one? How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

The world may never know :beard:

stillakid
06-01-2004, 08:48 AM
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

The answer is three. I saw it in a commercial once. :beard:

adultstarwarsfreak
06-01-2004, 11:57 AM
Hate the stance, hate the pose, hate the figure. :frus:

Turbowars
06-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Hate the stance, hate the pose, hate the figure. :frus:Having a bad day huh?

LTBasker
06-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Since when did Anakin whip out ag lightsaber during the wedding scene?

We just didn't see it cause he was clothed. :crazed:

Hope theres at least some snow on him or something, not like splatter paintjobs they do but just some minor detail on the feet and cape. But since it's just a rehash, I doubt it'll happen.

Darth Alex
06-02-2004, 06:33 PM
This is just...sad. Vader/Hoth should be the VOTC figure with a little snow detail and a removable lightsaber hilt on the belt with a pack-in light saber all for $5. I mean, how bout it? The VOTC/ESB Vader looks great and a Hoth version should be able to have Vader putting his fists on his belt, arms slightly bent, and have a tiny bit of snow on the figure, even some shading detail on the cape to indicate water getting on it.
I'm getting tired of buying the same figure sculpts only to have a microscopic bit of difference.
After almost 7 years back in the hobby, I think from now on I'm only going to buy minor amounts of the same character. Pick out the scuplts I like, get rid of what has become really outdated and watch the amount of army builders I buy. The endless repacks and resculpts are way outta hand in the OTC and it matters not if Hasbro is just throwing a line together-some of the junk they are passing off on new cards is just shameful. Hoth Vader could have been cool, in a way that the Commtech one w/droid was. A repack of that exact figure with snow and water spots on the cloth cape would have made more sense. Include a snow base, too.
Another easy fly out dropped, Hasbro. Keep putting out junk, and no one will be collecting after 2005...

TheDarthVader
06-02-2004, 07:16 PM
I must buy this vader. I like it even though I have the imperial forces 4 pack. This vader is a must (in my opinion) if you are a big star wars fan. The main character (of course) IS darth vader. This figure is going to look awesome when carded! :D

Kidhuman
06-03-2004, 12:24 AM
I must buy this vader. I like it even though I have the imperial forces 4 pack. This vader is a must (in my opinion) if you are a big star wars fan. The main character (of course) IS darth vader. This figure is going to look awesome when carded! :D

I couldnt g agree with you more TDV. Any VAder is a must have, its like I got a Vader addiction that needs a fix. :D. When put on this card it will look sweet.

Darth Alex
06-03-2004, 11:12 AM
Good point and touche.
Ya know, when I do finally SEE this on a shelf all my "I'm not buying it...hmm..hmmm...hmm" could melt away when I see it with the cool card.
Get it?....melt away....cool card:crazed:
Anyway, while I don't keep figures carded, if the backers are as cool as the preview look, I could see buying a couple of big bases online and keeping the figure posed in front of the scene-specific backdrop.

All that said, I was still hoping Hoth Vader would've been more unique. That's all...

Mike Troxell
06-05-2004, 12:42 PM
When did Darth Vader ever go out in the snow?

Turbowars
06-05-2004, 12:52 PM
He didn't in the film, but he did walk throught the icy corridors on the Hoth base. With that said how did you think he got from his ship to the base?;)

Mike Troxell
06-05-2004, 12:53 PM
I suppose so.

Beast
06-05-2004, 12:54 PM
When did Darth Vader ever go out in the snow?
Does Empire Strikes Back ring a bell? When he's walking thru the Rebel base on Hoth with the SnowTroopers. And gets to the hanger in time to see the Millenium Falcon escape. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
06-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Did I just hear an echo.

DarkArtist
07-04-2004, 08:24 PM
not into all these repacks. I mean we have Emperor's Wrath Vader, the Vader packed within the Imperial Forces set from TRU and now HOTH VADER ???? Give me a break. If hasbro is so keen on making sucha figure, redesign the figure. First the pose is not even close to what we see in the movie, the lightsaber is not needed. If they wanted to make this figure film accurate they should just release the new OTC version with added snow effects, or perhaps, make a new figure where the legs articulate enough for the figure to move as if it is walking, and have a lightsaber hilt attached similar to the way Obi Wan held Luke's from the POTJ line. :frus:

Slicker
07-06-2004, 12:45 PM
This figure looks great. Although yes it just a resculpt with a little white on the bottom for snow who cares the figures looks great and I personally like having all of these main characters spread out over the different waves (i.e. POTF2, Freeze Frames, Saga, etc.). Besides it's nice to see a Vader and Luke on your wall right next to a Padme or Jar Jar.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-06-2004, 02:21 PM
My main issue with the three OTC Vaders + the VOTC Vader, is next spring, with Ep. 3, we're going to be inundated again with yet more Vaders, and I don't expect that teh design is going to be significantly different.

Granted, Vader is a great looking character, but really, how many of him do we need? He doesn't change his wardrobe. Of course Hasbro could start doing with him what they did with Batman and give us "Jungle Camouflage Darth Vader" and "Darth Vader with Missile Firing Backpack" but do we really want that? (Actually though, something like that might be kind of cool).

I'm only going to be excited about a n ew Darth Vader toy, and mildly excited at that, if they give us one that makes the breathing sound if you push a button on his chest plate, like the electronic R2-D2. Otherwise we need more new Darth Vaders about as much as we need more TPM Jar Jar Binks resculpts.

sluray
07-09-2004, 01:34 PM
I think it looks sharp! Very realistic!