PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive OTC Vader TIE Fighter figure

keithfite
05-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Hey. Pictures have been surfacing of the exclusive darth vader tie fighter that comes with darth vader figure. My question is, is the darth vader figure new, some new variation, or just a re release. I collect one of every figure, and from the pics ive seen, I cant tell if its new or not. anyone know

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 02:38 PM
I think the Vader is from the POTF2 Gunner Station

sith_killer_99
05-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Found 'em! It's hard to say for sure, but it looks like they reused the Vader from the TIE Gunners Station.

Glactichunter had a link to 4inch.de which is where I found the pics, they have slightly larger pics (I had to downsize below 500 X 500).

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 02:55 PM
Dang, Now I have to buy his Tie fighter for that figure. :beard:

keithfite
05-30-2004, 03:01 PM
sorry I didnt say where I saw the pics, but GH front page is where. just like sith_killer_99 said.
in the same picture they have a great pic of all the scenes of the council combined.
But thanks for the help, I hope it is just the gunner vader. so I dont got to buy this thing. it looks great in its new box, but I hate getting vehicles just for figures. and from the looks of it, so does kidhuman

dindae
05-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Has anyone been able to tell about the paint job on the vehicle itself? If its the same ship exactly then I will pass. I open all my ships and don't really need another Vader TIE but the first one didn't have any detail so anything would be an improvement.

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 05:15 PM
The only thing that bites is Wal-MArt will not be selling the ships. I would love to put them on Lay-A-Way instead of shelling out all the cash in one shot.

Hellboy
05-30-2004, 05:28 PM
This actually looks pretty cool in that new OTC style box. I'm still on the fence regarding a purchase though.

I never bought this ship when it was released initially so I was wondering for those who have the old one, is it a nice enough ship once opened and is it worth a purchase?

Jay86
05-30-2004, 05:30 PM
is it a nice enough ship once opened and is it worth a purchase?

In my opinion yes :)

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 06:02 PM
The only thing that bites is Wal-MArt will not be selling the ships. I would love to put them on Lay-A-Way instead of shelling out all the cash in one shot.You can always stash them in another store until you have the bucks. Just an idea.;)

sith_killer_99
05-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Oh yeah, but then I got my POTF2 DV TIE for $5.00 at the great TRU sale of 1999-2001. :D

But yes, it is a good ship and no TIE collection is complete without it. lol

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 06:14 PM
I know many of you remember these things sitting on the shelves collecting dust and when the sale hit they still sat, at least around where I lived at the time. I never got around to buying then because I decided I would just collect the basic and 12" line. Well when the Y-Wing and B-Wing came out it all changed. Soooo I don't have Vaders Tie, Lukes X-Wing or Slave 1. I don't even have the Interceptor which I hope makes a come back. I saw it in the store once, but I past on it. I think I didn't like the tiny port hole in the box. :frus:

sith_killer_99
05-30-2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I remember passing on the A-Wing and now I wish I had one to go with my Green A-Wing. I could have had it for $5.00, now I may end up paying $20.00 plus shipping.

T, I can't believe you passed on the TIE Interceptor, it's the best TIE ever...IMO. :D

Hehehe, BTW, I bought a couple extra TIE Interceptors for trades. That's how I got my B-Wing and Y-Wing. ;)

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Yeah I know, it was like only 19.99 too. Maybe I didn't have the cash?? I do know I never saw one again.:cry:

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 08:15 PM
You can always stash them in another store until you have the bucks. Just an idea.;)

Did you mean aisle? or another part of the store?

Because if I get it out of one store, why would I bring it to another store to stash? My closet would be alot easier to stash it in.

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Did you mean aisle? or another part of the store?

Because if I get it out of one store, why would I bring it to another store to stash? My closet would be alot easier to stash it in.LOL Smart @ss. I meant if you find it at another store, then stash it. I know I worded it weird.lol

jjreason
06-01-2004, 11:22 PM
I don't have the original POTF2 one either. I passed after I saw a friend's loose. There's a very odd semi-circular "handle" that runs around the back of the ship that houses the missle launching system. I'm hoping against hope this is a retooled and more movie accurate ship. That hope having been voiced, I'm now going to back up and have a look at the pics posted above.

Edit: the ship's the same as the old one, from what I can see. I'll have to wait and see what I think of it when it gets here.