PDA

View Full Version : Most Annoying SW character?

PloKoon2385
05-30-2004, 04:31 PM
So who do you think is the most annoying Star Wars character? Overall, through all the movies. My vote definitely goes to Jar Jar Binks. Oh man... lol

elvandrik
05-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Jar jar alone ruined episode 1.

Rocketboy
05-30-2004, 06:50 PM
I like Jar Jar.

Seriously.
I do.

Anakin (in TPM) was horrible.
So was Luke.
And the Ewoks.

mrpauldeeds
05-30-2004, 07:06 PM
Anakin in TPM....Jake Llyod was horrible, Jar Jar gets the # 2 vote

JediTricks
05-30-2004, 10:06 PM
Jar Jar, then prequel-era Anakin(s), then the stupid Greg Proops's podracer announcer (I don't know or care which one is Fode and which one is Beed ;)).

B'Omarr Monkey
05-31-2004, 12:16 AM
Jar Jar and Jake Lloyd were both really annoying. Cindel of the Ewok movies ranks really highly. Speaking of ewoks, the one that R2 shocks in the behind in ROTJ always bugged me because of his "comical" toe touching jumps in the air as if he were performing in some children's play.

2-1B
05-31-2004, 01:25 AM
1) C-3PO in all 5 movies

2) Luke in ANH

3) Jar Jar during the Naboo Battle

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 07:50 AM
Jar Jar Binks. :beard:

scruffziller
05-31-2004, 09:17 AM
Luke in ANH and Aninkin in TPM.

Pendo
05-31-2004, 12:19 PM
Wat Tambor

PENDO!

JON9000
06-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Joh Yowzaa or whatever he is called

El Chuxter
06-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Joh Yowza, followed by "Hi-Yaah Girl." Though I suppose she is pretty funny, in a very unintentional way.

bigbarada
06-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Anakin in Ep2

Joh Yowza

Jabba in ANH:SE (he is definitely in the running for the all-time worst CG character used in a film)

Lazer Brain
06-14-2004, 05:08 PM
mini greedo gave me the creeps.
jar jar must die!

later

InsaneJediGirl
06-14-2004, 08:11 PM
1)Jar Jar Binks

2)Anakin TPM

3)Luke ANH (Just tooo whiney)

4)Fode/Beed

B'Omarr Monkey
06-15-2004, 12:32 AM
There's also that jawa on Jabba's sail barge who keeps trying to hop up onto Jabba's dais, but can't quite do it. He draws my attention everytime, and it completely cancels my suspension of disbelief, as all I can think of is "little person in a costume."

Jayspawn
06-25-2004, 10:52 AM
I dont believe you people, what a bunch of hypocrites. I've never heard of so many fake Star Wars fan in all my life!

Listen to you people whine "Jar Jar is soo annoying -he ruined Episode I. Luke Skywalker, Anakin in TPM, C-3PO did this, Jar Jar this, Jar Jar that."

I love Star Wars. I can sit and watch ANY of them and they dont bother me a bit. I enjoy the films when I watch them -I dont sit there with this pecimistic attitude like you people and start hating Jar Jar or Luke from the start. To me Jar Jar is just a side character like R2 or Jabba. Luke is a hero who is unsure of his future and sets out to fufill his destiney. Anakin is just a kid, you people forget that. Episode I is a setup movie that has to introduce all the future films -thats a lotta stuff! The Phantom Menace is a fine movie -wasnt ruined at all.

The true Star Wars fans know and appreciate the films. They dont look too good when you 'so called' fans site on boards like these and *****, *****, *****. You should hear yourselves -sound like those people that complain about movies they dont understand.

elvandrik
06-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Uhhh yeah. Wow, you're pretty insightful. In these troubled times, America can use more people who follow blindly and don't ask questions.

Dude, only an absolute sucker thinks those movies are flawless. And part of being a good star wars fan, means that you have the right to hold star wars to the high level of quality and storytelling that lucas established with the first trilogy and has failed miserably to recapture in the 2nd trilogy. Dude, if lucas puked on a paper plate and called it "Star Wars", some people would cheer, those of us who realize that he is not God will still call it "puke on a plate".

Jay86
06-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Uhhh yeah. Wow, you're pretty insightful. In these troubled times, America can use more people who follow blindly and don't ask questions.

Dude, only an absolute sucker thinks those movies are flawless. And part of being a good star wars fan, means that you have the right to hold star wars to the high level of quality and storytelling that lucas established with the first trilogy and has failed miserably to recapture in the 2nd trilogy. Dude, if lucas puked on a paper plate and called it "Star Wars", some people would cheer, those of us who realize that he is not God will still call it "puke on a plate".

I believe what Jayspawn meant was that there are people who can sit and watch the movies and put aside any "problems" they might have with them, and there are people who simply dont let things bother them to begin with. If some people choose to pick out the "problems" or things they dont like and talk or complain about them then so be it, to each their own. I for one could pick out a number of things that I would change here and there, with all 5 movies. But "problems" and "things I would change" aside, to me and many other people Star Wars are the greatest films of all time, reguardless of any script flaws or anything else that might be there. Its common sense that theres no such thing as perfect or flawless. And who cares if some people would cheer if Lucas puked on a plate and called it "Star Wars", theres the same sheep-like herd on the opposite side of the spectrum leading the opposition to the prequels, the same giant herd of people complaining and all spewing out redundant excuses and complaints about the prequels and Jar Jar Binks of all things. It works both ways.

elvandrik
06-25-2004, 03:11 PM
That's a good point saying that there are 2 sides of the spectrum, but it's out of context. The point of discussion is "who is the worst star wars character". Start a new thread if you think we are a bunch of Judas' for critiquing the movies. I've bought so much Star Wars merchandise, I feel I have the right to express my opinion. Welcome to the land of the free. Jar Jar sucks.:crazed:

also, it is not accurate to automatically assume that the people who express concern over the prequels are just a herd. If we critics were a herd, then we would still be sleeping in our pressed Star Wars bed sheets, checking all of our packaged figures for dog-eared corners, and trying to convince ourselves that Jar Jar really is a good idea ..........

Jay86
06-25-2004, 03:28 PM
That's a good point saying that there are 2 sides of the spectrum, but it's out of context. The point of discussion is "who is the worst star wars character". Start a new thread if you think we are a bunch of Judas' for critiquing the movies. I've bought so much Star Wars merchandise, I feel I have the right to express my opinion. Welcome to the land of the free. Jar Jar sucks.:crazed:

also, it is not accurate to automatically assume that the people who express concern over the prequels are just a herd. If we critics were a herd, then we would still be sleeping in our pressed Star Wars bed sheets, checking all of our packaged figures for dog-eared corners, and trying to convince ourselves that Jar Jar really is a good idea ..........
First off, I'm not the one who started this "being a good Star Wars fan" discussion, so dont tell me to start a new threat about it. And congratulations, you've bought merchandise, and the point is? Being a fan of something doesnt mean buying merchandise that goes along with it makes you any more a fan than anyone else. That just means you've bought into the marketing end of it, and many of us do. Thats why we're here actually. And you do have the right to express your opinion, I said so and I'll be the first person to uphold that right for anybody. And this is hardly the "land of the free", you're not as free as you're told ;)

Speaking of assuming, I pointed out that it seemed like YOU assumed Jayspawn had assumed something. And you "critics" are a 'herd', there are two 'herds' to accompany each side of the spectrum. And no, if you "critics" were a herd you would not be doing such things, because if you obviously dont care for Jar Jar Binks or praise George Lucas, then you'd be on the opposite side of the spectrum as the "Lucas-lovers", whom I'd venture to say would be the first to sleep in Star Wars bedsheets, check their carded figures, and convince themselves Jar Jar was a good idea. And I highly doubt you'd be doing the same things the same people you spoke of, the Lucas-lovers, would be doing, because naturally, you're on the OPPOSITE side of the spectrum. Make sense?

elvandrik
06-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Wow, that was so twisted, obvious, and inane it almost made sense. if you are over 13 and still sleep in Star Wars bed sheets you are way beyond fandom, you are an obsessed lunatic who is losing his tenuous grip on reality. I beg these people not to have children without talking to a professional. Hoarding packaged toys is mentally unhealthy.

Luke was a good character, but Jar Jar still sucks the worst.

Jay86
06-25-2004, 03:51 PM
Wow, that was so twisted, obvious, and inane it almost made sense.
I was simply making sense out of an oxymoron. And if it was so "obvious", then it should have made sense. So if it 'almost' made sense to you, yet you claimed it was obvious......:crazed:

elvandrik
06-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Uhhhh.....ahahahahahahahah!!!!

Jay86
06-27-2004, 12:03 AM
Uhhhh.....ahahahahahahahah!!!!I think the fact that you thought being a "fan" of something means buying a lot of merchandise speaks for itself :rolleyes: :D
So if I were you, and I'm sure glad I'm not, I wouldnt be laughing, unless of course, you are laughing at yourself ;)

JON9000
06-27-2004, 12:52 PM
I dont believe you people, what a bunch of hypocrites. I've never heard of so many fake Star Wars fan in all my life!

I don't get it. B/c I think Joh Yowzaa is annoying I am not a true Star Wars fan? :confused:

Darth Alex
06-27-2004, 06:08 PM
Boy, do some of these topics turn sour, real quick.
I actually think it's funny to see some of the repsonses to questions like "Who IS the most annoying Star Wars character?" or questions like....uh..."What's the best color for a lightsaber and why?"
I think the films are great and fun, but I can have an opinion on what I do or don't like without attacking someone for their equal right to an opinion.
When I read this topic, I didn't think, 'how DARE such-and-such think that any character in Star Wars is annoying!", I just thought, ahh, good question.
It's about the details, folks, the little details.
Sooooo to turn this from an arguement thread and post a response to the question, I'd pick:
Episode One...Queen Amidala
Episode Two...Queen Amidala
Episode Four...Luke
Episode Five...C3PO
Episode Six...Emperor
The Queen is just kinda...stiff as portrayed by Portman. Luke is cool in 5 & 6, but man, does he whine on Tatooine(kinda like I probably did when I was his age stuck at home doing anything but what I wanted too!). C3PO just won't shut up in ESB. The Emperor just comes off as...LOOK AT ME, I can forsee EVERYTHING, LA LA LA!
I write this all with a sense of humor. I dig Luke and C3PO, it's just everyone has their moments where they're annoying. I know I do! The Emperor is cool, I just think it's hilarious when he does his whole "you'll bring him here, you'll bring him before me, then you'll do this Vader, blah blah blah, get your mechanical butt back on the command ship before I stare at you" thing. It's great how he gets SO annoyed.

I was reading the Jedi Council-thing over at AICN.com a couple months back and there was a discussion of how suppossedly Portman and Lucas didn't hit it off. I read the whole topic and what was discussed and thought about it when watching both Ep1 and Ep2. Probably the most annoying thing in the Prequels is how it seems that Portman really is just phoning it in at times.

BTW-why all the arguing about WHO'S the BEST fan or who's SAD cuz they sleep with SW sheets?
A lot of pent-up anger, sense do I....

JediTricks
06-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Let's behave like civilized folks, no more personal attacks. I can think of nothing more pointless to get suspended over.

plo koon 200
06-28-2004, 02:35 AM
I don't have much over Jar Jar

1) C-3P0 in AOTC
2) Everything Max Rebo Band related. NO singing.
3) Yoda AOTC
4) Anakin AOTC
5) Anakin TPM

Darth Alex
06-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Let's behave like civilized folks, no more personal attacks. I can think of nothing more pointless to get suspended over.
Good point.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-28-2004, 09:36 AM
Anakin (both Jake lloyd and Hayden C.) :zzz:

Jar Jar binks

the "new" Jabba's dancers and joh yowza :dead:

Nute Gunray et. al

Battle Droids

Yoda in Episode 1 & 2; they went overboard with all his jedi moral "quoting" statements :rolleyes:

Slicker
06-30-2004, 01:02 PM
I don't really have a problem with any of the characters except for the trendy ones. I'm talkin about the bounty hunter with all of five lines who, I don't care what some guy other than George Lucas wrote, died in the Sarlaac pit never to come out alive. And I'm also talkin about another bounty hunter who was in Episode I for all of 3 seconds and already has her own action figures and comic book. Those are the only characters that really annoy me and I believe I'm quite justified.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-30-2004, 02:16 PM
After watching TPM again the other day, and seeing the blip of Aurra Sing, I was marveling at the fact that the actress, I mean model, who played her has made such a succesful career out of milking that role at conventions. She's making more money than she did to play Aurra Sing (and I'm sure more money than I make) by showing up at conventions and signing stuff all because of less than 3 seconds of screen time.

No wonder I've seen SW actors at conventions setting up booths because they were "Jawa number 3." Though, I don't think this guy ever had a line of people drooling for his autograph. Maybe because the Aurra Sing model is prettier.

I, personally, never understood the appeal of Aurra Sing. She's one of the dopier looking SW characters and, I think merited an action figure about as much as all of those Mos Espa extras with the black and white greasepaint on their faces that got plenty of attention in the TPM preview issue of vanity Fair.

OC47150
07-02-2004, 09:15 AM
Aurra Sing has taken on cult status, just like Boba Fett did when he first appeared in the holiday special. I write it off as that.

Jar Jar used to annoy me, but now he's just there. He's not nearly as annoying as it used to be.

JediTricks
07-03-2004, 02:43 AM
I've seen that Holiday Special cartoon, Fett is pretty cool in it, has more lines and more stuff to do than in the films themselves. What has Aurra Sing ever done ANYWHERE that was on screen besides stand there and do nothing? Plus, Boba Fett had the whole "Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name" attitude thing going on in ESB, so that did help his character. But again, what attitude did Aurra have? Bupkis! Bah! Aurra Sing is no more a character than Hermi Odle or Bom Vimdin.

Kyle Katarn
07-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Jar Jar Binks is my number one, and in second place is Anakin when he was a little boy.

vader121
07-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Without a doubt the number one most annoying character of all time is Jar Jar Binks.
Second is Ep1 Anakin.
Third is Salacious Crumb
Fourth is Jabba band (Special Edition)
Fifth is Luke in ANH

OC47150
07-08-2004, 10:20 AM
"But I was going to Toshe Station to pick up some power converters."

My favorite whinny Luke line.

JediTricks
07-09-2004, 06:43 PM
What's annoying about Salacious Crumb? He's a nasty little imp, so it'd have to be something more than that I think.

Turambar
07-10-2004, 10:50 PM
I think thread would be more open to discussion if the title were changed to "Second Most Annoying SW character."

CropDuster
07-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Well, folks... it's official.
Jar Jar Binks is the most annoying and hated Star Wars (and maybe of all movies) character ever created.

JediTricks
07-22-2004, 12:31 AM
CropDuster, I know what you mean, but my internal voice just says:

Gee, what a shocker. :p Not for nuthin', but I know an awful lot of people - both diehard fans and members of the general public - who expressed those sentiments 5 years ago (and strangely even the general public seems to continue to do so... Jar Jar was if nothing else a memorable creature, even if a lot of folks remember him as being a disasterous annoyance ;)).

bigbarada
07-27-2004, 04:57 PM
My nephew, who is now 6, loved Jar Jar when he was 2. In fact, "Jar Jar" was his first word (words?). However, now he says that "Jar Jar is silly looking" and continually excludes his Jar Jar action figures from all the games that the other action figures get to play.

I was pretty surprised by his reversal of opinion as was my brother. The only thing I can imagine having influenced him to change his mind was starting Kindergarten last year. Maybe some of the other kids trashed Jar Jar and thus my nephew doesn't like him anymore.

Has anyone else experienced something like this with their kids/nephews/etc?

OC47150
07-28-2004, 08:24 AM
My niece is six. Since she was three, she's known who Jar Jar is, and has told several people on family outings that he's a Gungan.

That has not happened to me yet. I've had to replace her Jar Jar figure several times since little brother came, 'cause little brother has pulled Jar Jar's ears off.