PDA

View Full Version : 12" Battle Droid!!!

yukface27
12-17-2001, 12:37 AM
My local comic book store is having a moving sale, so I decided to go down and pick up some cheap SW figs. As I was there, I found a 12" Battle droid, which I have been drooling over forever. For some reason, when a lot of the cool EPI toys were being released (like the 12" and 3 3/4" Pit Droids), I musta been sleeping or something. Well, i picked him up for 50% off (and a Mace and Luke Tatooine 3 3/4" fig) and went on my merry way home. The Battle Droid is such a cool fig. He is currently sitting on the edge of me shelf, all g'ed out, with his blaster in his lap. But, now I must be off. Max Payne for my PS2 if calling for me (play it!). Later.

yukface27@hotmail.com

JediTricks
12-17-2001, 01:19 AM
Hasbro makes no sense with this one IMO, it's a pretty good sculpt and has some good articulation, but they intentionally kept this figure from being able to fold up or even move the neck right, and they molded the blaster in that funky color.

Obi-Don
12-17-2001, 08:43 AM
I agree with JT one this one,but it never really bother me to much.I haven't got into collecting the 12" line.My wife got some but she was to thrilled with the line either.

Jayspawn
12-19-2001, 10:06 AM
Right on JediTricks! The only thing that got me about this 12" figure was the $20 shelft tag. Obi-Wan or Darth Maul were good "12 figures, there's no way I'm paying that much for that little of plastic.

El Chuxter
12-19-2001, 12:03 PM
I found that, even at just above room temperature, the plastic on this one is so shoddy that his legs warp. :cry:

GNT
12-20-2001, 12:15 AM
I was looking at my 12" Battle Droid the other day and decided to open it and boy its one of the coolest 12" figures I have :)

Sith Worm
12-20-2001, 02:35 AM
I found mine at A show for $4.00. No way I was going to pay $20.00 for this one! How about that OOM-9 12" though, boy he was great totally diffrent sculpt uh wait no it wasn't just A repaint not worth $20.00 dollars either, were are the Nemodians?...

sith_killer_99
12-20-2001, 07:30 AM
Well, I don't collect the Hasbro 12 inch figs. But this one did strike me when I first saw it. In fact, it looks like one of the better 12 inch figs Hasbro has done.

Maybe it's just because they have sooooo much trouble with the HUMAN 12 inchers.

I do collect the 6 inch (12 inch scale) figures. I really like the pit droids and the R2-A6!!! I especially like the Yoda.

As for my "other" 12 inch collection.....It's all MARMIT baby.

derek
12-26-2001, 11:11 PM
i'm not at all impressed with the 12 inch battledroids. this figure should of been made out of metal and , as jeditricks said, should of been made to fold up. i got mine on clearance for about $10 and still feel like i was ripped off.

N-2PF
01-24-2002, 09:47 AM
The battle droids are cheap Trade Federation-stuff, no quality. But Hasbro shouldn't have given them all the same number on their backpacks.

OC47150
01-25-2002, 04:56 PM
I picked mine up for under $10 on clearance at Target after last Christmas.

The local Wal Mart still has some 12" Wattos on the riser, collecting dust at $20. I check from time to time. Watto's my favorite.

Battle Droid
03-28-2002, 05:38 PM
On one of my 12in BD's the legs are bent to one side, and it won't stand, is there anyway to straighten them back?

Emperor Howdy
03-29-2002, 02:30 AM
There are four proven methods to handling the bent leg problem on Battle Droids:

Grandma's method: Tape and a popsicle stick

Dad's method: Just throw the damn thing away, grow up, and get a job....you're too old for toys anyway.

My method: A lighter and a can of hair spray.

Fool-proof method: Crash over at a friend's house who has 12" Battle Droids as well. While he's sleeping, switch your deformed droid with one of his good ones.

Good luck.

Jayspawn
03-30-2002, 11:42 AM
Once the Battle Droid's legs bend, it's hard to get them back. I'd suggest putting something between them and leaving it for a while.

ACPin
04-02-2002, 08:52 AM
One thing comes to mind, maybe if you tape a metal rod like a brace on them and let it sit for sometime?

JediTricks
04-03-2002, 02:25 AM
Run the leg under hot water for a while till it's softer, then lay the figure somewhere flat and move the leg back into its original position. The plastic should take the new shape with some coaxing.

Fulit
04-03-2002, 10:26 AM
I must be really lazy, because I just kind of stuck a Commtech Chip between his feet so his legs would stand straighter.

Battle Droid
04-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Well I put it back in it's box, but if I ever get it back out, I'll try everything you guys listed.

Thanks.:D

El Chuxter
04-04-2002, 05:26 PM
I had that problem with the Battle Droid and the Pit Droids. I just pointed a hair dryer at the warped area until it slightly softened (you won't get more than "slightly" with a hair dryer, methinks) and bent it back. Repeat this several times and he'll eventually stand again!

JT, I don't know about water on this particular figure, since it might make the screws in his legs rust. Maybe not, but I wasn't going to risk it when I doctored mine.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-11-2002, 08:40 AM
Take a hobby knife, make large "channels" in his legs, insert iron bars and use some sculpey or other clay to fix the legs shut. I dunno if this will look good, but i've heard some stories of people that did this and have no problems at all with their BD's since their figs have undergone this surgery.

:)

SuperBattleDroid88
04-12-2002, 08:05 PM
I had the same problem with the 12" BattleDroid and the 3" BattleDroid!!!!!! I just got used to it................
:D
Happy Hunting!!!!! :D

SBD88

Taichi
04-17-2002, 10:32 AM
Ugh.....don't cut channels into it's legs!!!, drill long holes from the foot up into it......

that'd be less ugly cosmetically.......and it'd be easier to cover up.......

DarthMaulSithLord
04-18-2002, 11:50 AM
Do you have a drill that can drill around angles?

(knees)

:)

Taichi
04-20-2002, 11:21 AM
No......

go "Gundam" on it......

drill up through the calf, out behind the knee, and back into the thigh.....

then, you can cover the wires with rubber hosing, to make them look like conductive cables........it will support the droid, without looking out of place...........

Darth Cruel
03-16-2003, 10:29 PM
I very much like this figure. I did have to straighten out his legs AND arms after I stupidly stored him in one of the plastic storage bins. His arms twisted, so there was the added challenge of turning them straight again as well. But strategically placing a few pencils tied very snugly with twist ties, and then heating the figure to about 125 degrees straightened him out. And allowing him to cool in the neutral, standing position helped it to maintain the repairs.

I read a lot of negative posts about this figure, but I have it on the list of the ten best done figures by Hasbro as far as the 12" line goes.

bobafrett
03-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Well, most of this thread was posted before I joined this forum, but IMO the 12" Battle droid just wasn't worth the $20, and was one of a very few 12" figures I took a pass on. If I do find one out there $5 I might buy it, since I don't take the first one I buy out of it's box.

mini-rock
03-17-2003, 05:39 PM
I like this figure too. I remember when the guy at TRU brought the case out and the aisle turned into WWE. I remember this little kid kicking a rather large man b/c he wouldn't move out of his way. Brutal.

Clint Torres
03-25-2003, 01:22 PM
EMPEROR HOWDY has to be one of the funniest dudes on here...HARRRHARR....hehe that was some good stuff, I remember all the times I used to go switching broken pieces of transformers with my buddy's, of course without him knowing. AS FOR THIS 12'' DROID??? Who cares how dead on the likeness is or not, when the damn characters that they are based from suck. I hate the dumb battle droids, I hate Jake Lloyd, and I hate the fact that there was a whole movie wasted on his arse. ARRRRGGGH. I just hate it. WHAT ABOUT THE SUPER BATTLE DROID??? Am I correct in that you cannot swivel his arm to recreate his firing mode??? CHRIST! Has this whole world gone crazy???