PDA

View Full Version : SAGA trouble

PloKoon2385
05-30-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm getting really tired of this. I haven't found anything in a looong time. The last figs I got were the R2-D2 server wave. I did find a Dengar though... I am missing a bunch! Where should I look for them? I've been really out of it which is why I haven't been frequenting the forums lately. Stupid! :mad:

Hellboy
05-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Seeing as how you're just north of me, assuming your location is Washington State and not D.C., I'd recommend checking Target and/or Fred Meyers. That would be the best place to find the last 3 waves, but remember the Endor wave and Bossk will all be reissued in the OTC line so don't panic if you can't find those.

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Either that or Ebay. I havent seen anything beyond the Yavin Wave. I saw them once but had no money. It was either figures or gas gand I was miles from home. :( :beard:

Jay86
05-30-2004, 05:19 PM
I'm getting really tired of this. I haven't found anything in a looong time. The last figs I got were the R2-D2 server wave. I did find a Dengar though... I am missing a bunch! Where should I look for them? I've been really out of it which is why I haven't been frequenting the forums lately. Stupid! :mad:I too feel your pain. I havent even seen ANY of the Jabba's Palace wave at retail, but I did find a Saga Bossk at a K-Mart 3-4 weeks ago. I also found R1-G4 in Disney World a few weeks ago, along with the Bar2-D2 figure. Other than that, nada. I've been checking the same TRU/K-Mart/Wal*Mart's in my area and I've only ever found that one Bossk figure at the K-Mart, so I dont really know what to tell you, especially since I dont live in your area. I'm heading on out figure hunting tomorrow so I'm hoping the tides will turn for me and I'll find more than one new figure. Just know that you're not alone in this year of cruddy/spotty distribution :D

Also, kidhumans right, if you check eBay, you should be able to find the figures, not neccessarily at the prices you'd want to pay though, so eBays not a sure fire way to get figures, its simply an option.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-30-2004, 06:23 PM
I can relate to what you're going through as well. Back in January, I hadn't found anything for most of a year. I was behind by about 30-40 figures. As of now, the only ones I'm missing from the Saga line are Chewbacca w/Mynock, the Mace with the button on his back, Droid Factory Flight R2, The Emperor, J'Quille, and General Madine. The only figure I bought off ebay was Ephant Mon. I found a few others through etailers for about the same price I'd pay for them if they were at TRU. Mostly, I just persevered and kept checking the stores. Eventually waves started showing up, often times months after they were supposed to.

It would be really easy to fill in the ones I'm missing above (except J'Quille), but I haven't been dying to get most of those others, since they're mostly pretty substandard--though I still want them.

Just keep looking.

dindae
05-30-2004, 06:34 PM
I was able to find everything but I would go out everyday during my lunch break to three or four stores plus one or two on my way home. I recently discovered because of gas prices that I was spending $3 a day chasing down figures not to mention the time spent. So I joined Kebco's one of every figure club. I haven't gotten any figures yet so I don't know how quality goes. Plus my login doesn't work and the four or five emails have been ignored by them so I can't increase my order. So I may drop them altogether. If they take care of my login issue I will probably be happy but if not it isn't worth the hassle. Anyone else have dealings with them?

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Mr.PloKoon, try www.ohmygodcheapnewfiguresonline.com They usually have a good selection real cheap.

tgr3328
06-01-2004, 01:33 PM
I recently went to a Toys R Us and found Obi Wan Outlander and Ayy Vida, two figure that I have been looking for. TRU usually has nothing, but sometimes they get in figures that are already gone from the other stores.

dindae
06-01-2004, 02:11 PM
If you still have a Kay Bee around you they would probably have all of the 2002 figures. :D

Ji'dai
06-03-2004, 05:24 PM
I've been able to find all the figures released this year except for J'Quille & the Endor Wave. Stores in my area are getting the HOF assortment now so I probably won't see any "new" figures until the first OTC wave.

jedimarvin
06-13-2004, 11:05 PM
The three Wal-Marts, Toys R Us's and Targets around my area are all stocked with everything up to the Endor wave. For once stores in CT have been doing pretty well as far as selection. I just wish I could find the Endor wave. I know we'lls ee them again in OTC but I had been really looking forward to these figures and rather find them now ratehr then later.

Kidhuman
06-14-2004, 07:35 AM
To me , I would perfer to have them on the OTC cards,just becxause they look better. BUt I wouldnt pass em up if I found them on Saga cards.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-14-2004, 09:57 AM
I reiterate on the persistence of looking. I was in a Meijer the other day for something else, and decided to check the toy aisle even though I'd been there the day before. All the same figures were there as the previous day, with the addition of one Madine, which I'd been looking for.

With the exception of J'Quille, I'm caught up with the post Xmas waves (until Dagobah and Bespin start showing up) and decided to look on ebay for some of the older figures I missed. Almost all of them are at store prices, or less (some including shipping), so I should be able to knock a few of those off my list sometime soon.

The plus side of ebay, is if the stuff is more than six months old, you can usually find it for less than what you'd be paying for it at retail.

Kidhuman
06-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Yes Ebay is good about olded stuff. I got NIkto, KIt Fisto and another figure all for $1 each. With shipping total was 8 bucks.

JON9000
06-17-2004, 04:01 PM
I still have not come across R1-G4. Was he short packed?

Dr Zoltar
06-17-2004, 04:21 PM
R1-G4 is plentiful around my parts. There is a local store that has about 6 of him warming pegs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-20-2004, 12:29 PM
I have everything except J'Quille and the Endor wave. Has anyone seen an extra J'Quille? It's odd that other people are missing exactly what I'm missing as well.

Dr Zoltar
06-20-2004, 07:52 PM
I have everything except J'Quille and the Endor wave. Has anyone seen an extra J'Quille? It's odd that other people are missing exactly what I'm missing as well.I found an extra J'Quille yesterday. I'm trying to trade him locally for a HOF Vader (to choke my Antilles) but if I don't get an offer, I'm willing to get him to a fellow out of state collector. I'm also in the market for getting one of the Silver Sandtroopers due out next month.

Kidhuman
06-20-2004, 09:37 PM
DAmn it,I had found 2 J'Quilles but they are traded pretty much already. You are third on the list JabbaJohnL in case any fall through. If I find more I will let you guys know about it.

aceguide
06-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Toy ailses have been depressing lately. Nothing at all in my part of the world. Have found an odd single out of a wave (Dutch, Jabba Lando) but not the whole wave. My target finally has Hoth wave in bulk - so army building hoth rebels has been a snap.

Veers
07-12-2004, 07:43 AM
Dengar wave is warming the pegs around here.