PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Troopers

King Returned
05-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Ok, I know how stereotypical and probly how often this is asked and discussed, but I'm very new here, and want to know is Hasbro going to be making more clone troopers (3") for Clone Wars other than the ones we have already. And what about this SA Clone trooper, never saw even one of them. Thanks for helpin out the new guy.

Jay86
05-30-2004, 04:10 PM
The deal with the Super Articulated Clone Trooper is that though there were about 3 figures of him per case (well some cases at least, or so I've heard) he was still impossible to find because "army builders", like myself, would buy as many as they could find....though I never found him in stores, I got one off eBay for about $17 bucks a week or so ago, rarely do I do that but I'm glad I did, that figure is easily the best one Hasbros ever made. As far as Hasbro making any more clone troopers, I'm doubtful. Between the all white Sneak Preview figure, the Red Captain Saga figure, the Clone Trooper 3-packs (which you could never have enough of), the Super Articulated Clone Trooper, and the Clone Trooper figures that came with the Wal*Mart Value Packs, I doubt Hasbro will make anymore :/

Hellboy
05-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Welcome to the boards. :)

For now and the foreseeable future the Clone Wars line is dead. If you can't find some leftovers on the shelves (probably only the Clone Trooper Army 3-packs) you'll most likely have to resort to getting this stuff online. The Super Articulated Clone was in high demand when it was released so quite a few people didn't get this figure or as many as they would've liked.

Its doubtful that we'll see anymore Clone Troopers produced for some time. With the OTC line starting up and then the release of the EPIII toys it could be a long time before we get another Clone Trooper as seen in EPII.

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Basically what they said. Welcome BTW. I saw one once and bought it. He was the Ephant Mon of the CW line.

King Returned
05-30-2004, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the boards. :)

For now and the foreseeable future the Clone Wars line is dead. If you can't find some leftovers on the shelves (probably only the Clone Trooper Army 3-packs) you'll most likely have to resort to getting this stuff online. The Super Articulated Clone was in high demand when it was released so quite a few people didn't get this figure or as many as they would've liked.

Its doubtful that we'll see anymore Clone Troopers produced for some time. With the OTC line starting up and then the release of the EPIII toys it could be a long time before we get another Clone Trooper as seen in EPII.
Ok, but aren't there clone Troopers in EPIII? Won't they make clone troopers for The Clone Wars?

Jay86
05-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Ok, but aren't there clone Troopers in EPIII? Won't they make clone troopers for The Clone Wars?Of course, there will definitely be clone troopers in Episode 3, whether they are classified as "clone" troopers is yet to be seen. As we know by the time Episode 4 rolls around, the Empire has presumably lost a good number of its troops that were clones and resorted to recruiting humans (and humans only). As for figures, I'm hoping they'll do jsut as they did for Episode 2, lots of army builders. The troops should look something like this though :

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?...s/03/40203F.jpg (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swdb/dbimages/03/40203F.jpg)

King Returned
05-30-2004, 08:12 PM
thanks Jay, they look cool, but I like the original clone troopers better. These are a wierd morph between the storm trooper and the clone troopers, which it should be, but I happen to like the original clone trooper a lot better.

Jay86
05-30-2004, 08:16 PM
thanks Jay, they look cool, but I like the original clone troopers better. These are a wierd morph between the storm trooper and the clone troopers, which it should be, but I happen to like the original clone trooper a lot better.
No problem, and I too think the Clone Troopers look better, but the newer ones are cool in their own respects.

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 09:18 PM
I don't know about the SA Clone being on hiatuses for too long. As soon as EP1 and 2 figures start showing up on the OTC style cards we will probably get a SA Clone sooner or later. I mean look at all the rehash stuff we are getting now. Maybe he will be part of a TRU 4 pack. Now that one would be worth getting.

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Thats seems to be the only way they would sell (the four packs)

King Returned
05-31-2004, 09:07 AM
yea, but what else would this 4 pack have in it? Other clone troopers? Because I would think they'd include like Yoda, Mace Windu, or Pademae (spelling?) and I wouldn't want to have to get all them just to get 1 clone trooper.

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 10:20 AM
It would be IMO, Clone Trooper, Red ARC, Obi-Wan(in clone armor, Durge and a speeder bike) I would buy that one in a heartbeat

Turbowars
05-31-2004, 11:24 AM
You are dreaming Kid. Hasbro would never do such thing. That would make too much sense. I can't see Clone Obi and a SA Clone in the same pack. Too much $$$ on Hasbro 's part. I'd love to see a a few packs that come with 2 White SA Clones and 2 SA Ranking Clones, like 2 White, 1 Red and 1 Yellow. 2 White, 1 Blue and 1 Green. Who's dreaming now? I swear Hasbro needs to hire a collector as a consultant.

King Returned
05-31-2004, 12:20 PM
No, they know pretty much what we want, they just don't do it like that to make more money, it's all about the $$.

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 02:10 PM
You are dreaming Kid. Hasbro would never do such thing. That would make too much sense. I can't see Clone Obi and a SA Clone in the same pack. Too much $$$ on Hasbro 's part. I'd love to see a a few packs that come with 2 White SA Clones and 2 SA Ranking Clones, like 2 White, 1 Red and 1 Yellow. 2 White, 1 Blue and 1 Green. Who's dreaming now? I swear Hasbro needs to hire a collector as a consultant.

I am free for a new job. And remember, we all have dreams. :beard: :beard: :crazed: :beard:

Jay86
05-31-2004, 03:00 PM
No, they know pretty much what we want, they just don't do it like that to make more money, it's all about the $$.
I think Hasbro knows what collectors want, but with Episode 3 coming out next year I'm sure they're busy making and sculpting figures and vehicles and whatnot for that, becuase from the sounds of it Episode 3 is gonna be one huge movie in terms of characters and scenes and vehicles. Plus its cheaper for Hasbro to re-use old figure molds and rehash figures than to make new ones, which is why we're seeing so many 4-packs consisting of rehashes this year.

jedi master sal
05-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Alright, so here are some possible 4 packs with the SA clone:

Battle of Geonosis: (configuration 1)
2 SA clones
1 red battle droid (the super poseable one from epI NOT the less articulated one from the SAGA line)
1 super battle droid
pack-in-spider droid

Battle of Geonosis: (configuration 2) Clone Officer pack
1 each of the SA clone in each color: yellow, red, blue, green
pack-in (small) battle platform-the one Yoda refers to as the forward command

Battle of Geonosis: (configuration 3) Arena
1 Yoda
2 SA clones
1 Clone Pilot
pack-in gunner station for Gunship (This would be able to actually fit a clone inside and attach to the gunship. it would be packaged in the set "split" in two, then you assemble it.)

Battle of Geonosis: (configuration 4) Arena 2
1 SA clone
1 Geonosian Picador (this could simply be the Geonosian that came with the Massiff)
1 Red battle droid
1 (non-descript) human Jedi-or one that was on screen like Bultar Swan for instance.
Pack-in creature WITH the repulsorlift sled that carried Anakin and Padme into the arena!

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 07:26 PM
NOt too bad Sal. All those sound good, now just to get Hasbro to make them. My choice would be number 2(right after my idea) :beard:

jedi master sal
06-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Thanks oh :beard: 'ed one. heh heh.

I just wish for once hasbro would actually post here. Even just to let us know they do check these sites and at the least ponder our requests.

Kidhuman
06-01-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks oh :beard: 'ed one. heh heh.

I just wish for once hasbro would actually post here. Even just to let us know they do check these sites and at the least ponder our requests.

Anytime Sal

The only problem would be, how do we know it would be Hasbro. They should have ga contest like they did on CN.com. Let one of us be a consultant for at least a day. I know I would get it in writing what I chose for them to make. I understand that they need the actors permission to get the likeness and all, but who in this world wouldnt want an action figure made of them? Its immortality.

King Returned
06-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Anytime Sal

The only problem would be, how do we know it would be Hasbro. They should have ga contest like they did on CN.com. Let one of us be a consultant for at least a day. I know I would get it in writing what I chose for them to make. I understand that they need the actors permission to get the likeness and all, but who in this world wouldnt want an action figure made of them? Its immortality.
lol, but I'm sure there are some weird superstitious people out there, freaks!

King Returned
06-05-2004, 02:13 PM
ok, good luck today, just found a green clone troopers 3-pzck and a Durge with speeder. My question, is the green 3-pack rare, would it be more worth it to sell it on ebay or to trade it than to open it?

Turbowars
06-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Oh you should put it on e-bay and make a killing!:rolleyes: No it's not rare, nothing is rare in the modern line.

Kidhuman
06-05-2004, 03:03 PM
nothing is rare in the modern line.

Two words.............Ephant Mon

Turbowars
06-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Sorry dude, but he's not rare either.

Val Da Car
06-05-2004, 08:01 PM
TB is right...the only potential for anything to be rare is the original 18 or so figures that had card backs and they don't even really count since packaging changes don't make a rare figure.

Otherwise figures at the end of a run could be short shipped, but with all of the OTC rehashes I am not really that worried about not getting the figure I wanted (Gen Madine in SAGA packaging) since he is part of the 38 annouced figures (only 7 new) in the OTC line that is coming up.

Jay86
06-05-2004, 08:49 PM
The green Clone 3-pack USED to be rare, at least thats what I've heard and seen. The only Clone 3-pack I saw at retail was the White one, and I picked it up as soon as I saw it. Other than that, I found nothing but Green Clone 3-packs at Tatooine Traders at Disney World a few weeks back. Literally, all they carry there are Green ones. So I picked up three of them, one for me and two to use as trade material and thats about it. I wouldnt say that set is rare though, at least not anymore. Maybe at retail yes, but if you want Green Clone 3-packs, the gold mine of them is in Disney World.

King Returned
06-05-2004, 10:38 PM
ok thanks, i guess i'll just open him and expand my clone army..... 9 clones! lol, don't laugh, it's gettin larger!

Val Da Car
06-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Everyone starts small.....

My first was the Preview figure Clone trooper...

Then six more

Then RED troopers from KB for $2.

Then gift cards from work..

Then WM at midnight

Then Target for Clone Troopers...

Silent Chazz
06-06-2004, 05:40 AM
9 is more than I have. I have um, 7 Clones:
-Red one from Saga
-White one from ARC Trooper 2-pack
-Blue one from CW Anakin 2-pack
-Yellow one from CW Yoda 2-pack
-White one from Saga Speeder Bike
-ARC Trooper (Grey)
-Animated Clone Trooper

I got them stationed about my CW Command Gunship. Now all I wish I had to complete the Gunship were 1 more Grey ARC, a Red ARC, and 2 Clone Pilots for the cockpit.

Kidhuman
06-06-2004, 12:48 PM
I know I have built up a little army of these myself without even realizing it.

1 preview
1 Red one
1 Gunship dude
1 Grey Arc
1 Red Arc
1 3-pack(green)
3 from value packs(yellow, red, blue)
1 SA clone and another on the way.

If I ever decide to become an opener I should be OK on these. But the more the merrier I say.

jedi master sal
06-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Well if we are just talking 3 3/4 Clone Troopers then here is what I have:
(I've found 6 of these green packs within the past month)

Preview clones (21)
Red Clone SAGA (14)
Yellow Clone 3 pack X7 (21 clones)
Red Clone 3 pack X3 (9 clones)
Blue Clone 3 pack X9 (27 clones)
Green Clone 3 pack X11 (33 clones)
White Clone 3 pack X14 (42 clones)
Clone Speederbike X5
Yoda with Clone value pack X2
Anakin with Clone value pack X2
ARC Trooper with Clone value pack X2
ARC Trooper Blue X6
ARC Trooper Red X2
Super Articulated Clone Trooper X4
Silver Clones (6)
Bootleg Japanese Standing (6)
Bootleg Japanese Shooting (1)
Clone Pilots (9)

For a total of 212 Clones (That's the ones I can remember though it may be just a little more though not much more)

If you incude animated then tack on 11 of those.

12inch:
4 white
2 red
1 yellow

What can I say, I love collecting the clones.

I can't wait for EPIII clones!!!

Kidhuman
06-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Oh yeah, I also have 1 speeder/clone set.

King Returned
06-08-2004, 05:27 PM
I just have:
*Yellow Clone 3-pack (1)
*Green Clone 3-pack (1)
*Sneak Preview Clone Troopers (2)
*Speeder bike clone trooper (1)

for,as previously announced, a total of 9 clones yay! I really wish I could get some of the single packed red troopers with the mounted gun, the ARC troopers, both of these I passed up once, and am very sorry i did. I never came across a clone pilot, and I wish I did because I plan to get a Republic gunship soon to complete my Clone scenerio.

mastermatt24
06-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Preview clones (21)
Red Clone SAGA (14)
Yellow Clone 3 pack X7 (21 clones)
Red Clone 3 pack X3 (9 clones)
Blue Clone 3 pack X9 (27 clones)
Green Clone 3 pack X11 (33 clones)
White Clone 3 pack X14 (42 clones)
Clone Speederbike X5
Yoda with Clone value pack X2
Anakin with Clone value pack X2
ARC Trooper with Clone value pack X2
ARC Trooper Blue X6
ARC Trooper Red X2
Super Articulated Clone Trooper X4
Silver Clones (6)
Bootleg Japanese Standing (6)
Bootleg Japanese Shooting (1)
Clone Pilots (9)

For a total of 212 Clones
What can I say, I love collecting the clones.

I can't wait for EPIII clones!!!
Wow.. I thought I had a lot. You have me beat. :cry: Do you have these all on display or are they all still in the package? :confused: They must take up a lot of space. Did you collect all of the other stuff from ep2????? :crazed: