PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else miss the plastic blaster fire simulations?

B'Omarr Monkey
05-30-2004, 11:47 PM
It just occurred to me that one of the pack-in accesories that Hasbro gave us, that I actually liked, has been discontinued. I really liked the simulated blaster fire that could be attached to the end of the blasters as well as the simulated blast bolt deflections that could be clipped onto the lightsaber blades. I think they actually made the characters look more dynamic, not to mention that you didn't have to use them if you didn't want to.

Does anyone else miss these, or am I the only one?

Turbowars
05-31-2004, 12:03 AM
They were go. I only really liked the R3's effect from the preview wave. They went out with the rest of the action gimmicks.

dindae
05-31-2004, 01:20 AM
I could live without them. They looked alright in some instances but most I took off (mainly pointless effects like Royal Guard and Dexter oooh I going to use my super electro blade to chop up some chicken??)

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 06:48 AM
I always thought they looked stupid. Good riddance to those thigamabobs.

Jayspawn
05-31-2004, 09:48 AM
I could live without them. They were neat, but I never really used them.

Rocketboy
05-31-2004, 09:35 PM
They were horrid. They never rarely on and if they did, they were crooked.

plasticfetish
05-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Not a big fan of 'em myself. Though I'm not exactly sure that I like these stands that we're getting now any better.

dindae
05-31-2004, 10:44 PM
I like the stands much better. Although I would be happier with the ones from the 4 packs. The interlocking feature is nice but in a diorama they don't work very well.

Darth Jax
06-01-2004, 01:13 AM
not a fan. the extra weight of the blaster fire seems to bend any longer gun due to the cheaper, lightweight plastic being used for figures. especially noticeable on zam's long rifle. when opened initially aside from a slight bend to the right the thing looked normal. after a year with the blast effect on the end of the gun, she's now shooting straight....down. boba fett is much newer yet his gun is starting to show the same effects.

the blast deflection with jedi look good in a diorama when facing an army of droids, and since they're so preposed thats the only way to display them.

i like the clear stands from the 4 packs best. the newest bases would be ok if they were all clear. don't want bases with detail on them since the only way to use it is with the ridiculously posed figure it came with, lack of other figures with similar base (male tusken is only one with tatooine base), or inconsistency in base (coleman trebor and aayla both have geonosis base, but are different colors/texture while barriss and aayla match up)

just give me an articulated figure and weapons (other accessories if needed for said figure) and that's enough to make me happy

Rocketboy
06-01-2004, 07:30 AM
They should've included the blaster effects with the Stormtroopers.
It would help exlplain their bad shots.
:)

Hellboy
06-01-2004, 06:54 PM
I actually do miss the blast effects but I think Hasbro did go a bit overboard with the electric effects on some figures.

I have quite a few of my figures displayed with these effects intact and think they look great. The effects work great for action dioramas too like the Arena scenario. I'm actually glad that I have a ton of these saved for future displays.

I'd take more of these effects over the lame, bulky, one-peg stands we've been getting in the last few waves of figures anyday.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-01-2004, 09:30 PM
I'm not too keen on the bases myself. I hated the electrical effects except on the battle droid, the R3 droid, and The Emperor. I'm surprised we didn't get a Luke Skywalker from ROTJ with the Emperor's force lightning coiled around him. Including it with Dexter's meat cleaver was a little much as someone else pointed out. It was the AOTC version of all those staffs that came with the Senate figures in the Ep. 1 collection.

Jaff
06-02-2004, 12:22 PM
I have to say that I do not miss the blaster effects because the figures themselves were being sculpted to look as if they had to match the action feature. Hasbro spent so much time paying attention to blaster effect poses then they did making the actual figure. If they can throw in the Blaster effect with a neutral figure then I am O.K. with the accessorizing. Until Hasbro can show some restraint my answer is against this!