PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man Lego! YAYAYAYAYAY!

JediTricks
12-16-2001, 11:54 PM
If you read the news on figures.com, or you read the Ep 2 Lego news today, or maybe you saw it somewhere I didn't, you may have already seen that Lego will be releasing 3 Lego Studio sets based on Spider-Man in April!!!

1374 - Green Goblin
1375 - Wrestling Scene
1376 - Spider-Man Action Studio

This is so fantastic! I've been waiting all my life for Star Wars Lego, Spider-Man Lego, and Batman Lego, and now 2 of these 3 Lego wishes have been granted! :greedy: I can't wait to get these Spidey sets. Lego Studios is the camera system (which I don't have) and so the sets for Lego Studios are different from system in that most are minifigure sets with facades or movie-style gimmicks instead of being whole buildings or normal vehicles. This doesn't bother me in the least though because Spidey really works well with that concept IMO, so I'm really excited to see these - way more interesting IMO than the Jurrasic Park ones released earlier this year. However, Lego Studios isn't done with just Spidey, they're also going to do several sets based on classic movie monsters like Dracula, the Wolfman, and Frankenstein. This is definitely an exciting time to be a Lego enthusiast!

GNT
12-17-2001, 05:48 PM
If they look good,I'll probably buy them,but if they look cr@p then I wont,I await pictures to base my decision on :) Dont let me done Lego!

Wolfwood319
12-17-2001, 11:22 PM
I would've picked them up if they were based on the comics. But ever since I saw that horrible Green Goblin costume/armor they used for the movie, I've lost all faith in what the movie could've been.

So I don't plan to buy anything related to the movie due to how awful it looks.

JediTricks
12-18-2001, 02:15 AM
The Green Goblin in the movie appears to have a regular costume and then this exo-armor, but the regular costume looks nice and good and fabricky unlike Metallo-Goblin.

GNT
12-19-2001, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
The Green Goblin in the movie appears to have a regular costume and then this exo-armor

So is this "Exo-Armor" only when he flies on his craft? Do you have a picture of him in his regular costume cause I've only seen the armor one!

JediTricks
12-19-2001, 09:18 AM
I don't have a pic of the character in full costume, but I put up a pic about a month ago of Tobey Maguire (or his stunt double) and Willem Dafoe on the set, Dafoe is in a Green Goblin costume (sans mask & gloves) that's clearly not the armor:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=20735

Jedi Clint
12-20-2001, 12:22 PM
I would love to see some pics of the Spidey lego sets. The trailer made me really excited to see the film! I hope the toys will be equally exciting.

Brave Sir Robin
12-26-2001, 04:53 PM
i just saw the trailer christmas eve when my family went to see Lord of the Rings, and it looks way cool. I will definatley be scoring some Legos and action figures from this film if I like it, and maybe even if I don't cuz I'm such a spidermanoholic.

kit fristo
12-31-2001, 01:13 AM
SPIDERMAN IS GOING TO ROCK................
and so are the toys..................

JediTricks
12-31-2001, 08:24 AM
The Toy Biz figures have been found at a few Targets and Walmarts!!!

GNT
12-31-2001, 08:30 AM
The figures look cool but I'll be the judge when I see them in person :) I might pick up a few :)

kit fristo
12-31-2001, 10:05 PM
what, what did you say.............
ARE THE FIGURES ALREADY OUT............

Jedi Clint
12-31-2001, 10:10 PM
I would love to see some pictures of those figures!!

kit fristo
12-31-2001, 10:15 PM
jedi clint.
go to
www.spidermantoyvault.com
they have pics...

trust me.

clontropper!

Jedi Clint
12-31-2001, 11:05 PM
Thank you Kit. :)

kit fristo
12-31-2001, 11:28 PM
no problem.
jedi clint:)

JediTricks
01-11-2002, 01:34 AM
As I posted on figures.com's forums about the PICTURES of the sets I just put up on that site:

http://www.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=28825&domain=figures.com&dom=fig&domain_id=4

SOoooooooooooo awesome! I'm fairly confident that there is a Peter Parker mini-fig in that larger set! I am sooooooooooo getting these 2 sets, and I hope Lego sells extra white webs, I'm gonna have some fun with those, gonna cut them into proper shapes! I think that larger set may be a 2-sided backdrop with something different on the other side. Oh, happy happy, joy joy!!!

Jedi Clint
01-13-2002, 10:46 PM
I dig the Goblin's ride!! Hopefully there will be one set with Goblin and Spidey. JT, I don't want to steer this off topic, but I have been wanting the little lego Vader, Boba Fett, and Jedi Luke....Do you know any way of getting them in singles?

GNT
01-13-2002, 11:14 PM
Wow!Those a pretty good,too many good things coming this year,not enough cash to buy it all :p Lego does some good work and it does show!!!!!!!!!

JediTricks
01-14-2002, 06:21 AM
Vader, Jedi Luke, and Fett are all available in various minifig 3packs, they're like $7 a piece and IIRC, Luke and Fett come in the same pack - the figure 3packs are Lego exclusives and come with nifty little info cards. For a buck less (depending on where you get it), you can get the new mini-scene pack with Vader and the Emperor who come in the same minifig 3pack as well, but instead of getting a Maul from the 3pack, you get a window and the Emperor's chair (no info cards though).

Since these are LEGO Studios sets, there's a good chance there won't be any more sets after these so this may be your only route. I hope there ARE more sets, but I won't be taking that chance when these come out.

Jedi Clint
01-14-2002, 10:23 PM
Excellent! Where would one lay hands on these three packs? How in the world will I ever save enough dough for all the goodies coming up when I keep buying the current goodies?! *sigh*. :)

GNT
01-14-2002, 10:29 PM
You can get them from the "Shop at home" part on the Lego website I believe :)

SithDroid
01-14-2002, 10:30 PM
The spiderman legos look cool, but why no red boots?:cry: As for that picture of Dafoe in the regular costume without mask, I believe that his mask is the only thing that is metallic in the movie. I could be wrong, but why would he have two different types of costumes. Most Super Heroes and Villains only have one, unless they get revamped and updated to have costumes that fit the time period more (ex. X-Men, Iron-Man).

JediTricks
01-15-2002, 09:59 PM
Like GNT said, shop at home shop.lego.com OR you can go to a Lego Imagination Center (their chain of stores found in a few malls).

As for the red boots, I'll ask them if I get the chance. Maybe it's in the fix already. As for the Green Goblin's costume, the whole thing is metallic armor, but I'm pretty sure he has a normal fabric costume in the film that's much closer to the comic version as well. You'll notice that in Comic Book-movies, most of the main action characters have 2 costumes, it's more "toyetic". Look at the last 2 Batman films (everybody had 2 different costumes), at Blade, at X-men, even Spidey has the wrestling costume in this movie.

Jedi Clint
01-15-2002, 10:13 PM
Thanks guys. I will be getting a few of those! I didn't notice the lack of boots on Ol' Web Head. Hmmm.

Jedi Clint
01-26-2002, 12:04 AM
I just picked up Final Jedi Duel I and II tonight. These have to be the best Lego characters I have ever purchased!! Love Palpatine's chair also :) I am still looking forward to those Spiderman Legos though.