PDA

View Full Version : June 2004: Monthly DVD Round-Up!!!

Pendo
06-01-2004, 02:32 PM
So what is it for you this month? Just two for me :(.

14th June
Scary Movie 3

28th June
The Osbournes - The Complete Second Series

PENDO!

James Boba Fettfield
06-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Not that I'll be buying them this month, but what I have marked for a purchase eventually are:

June 8
Robocop Trilogy

June 15
The Simpsons Season Four

June 29
Spider-Man - The '67 Collection

Hellboy
06-01-2004, 06:27 PM
A very light month for me. Good thing too, considering all the new toys coming out soon.

June 1

-Pitch Black: (Unrated Director's Cut) -Not a big fan of the movie but I picked it up today because it was only $17 and has a free ticket to see "Chronicles of Riddick" inside.

-Trainspotting: Collector's Edition

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-01-2004, 07:51 PM
June 8
Quantum Leap Season 1

June 29
Gi Joe: Season 1 - Part 2

Reefer Shark
06-01-2004, 08:13 PM
-Pitch Black: (Unrated Director's Cut) -Not a big fan of the movie but I picked it up today because it was only $17 and has a free ticket to see "Chronicles of Riddick" inside.
I waffled over buying this too. Pretty much the same as you, I'm not a big fan of the flick. But I really did like the Riddick character a lot (I don't usually like Vin Deisels roles), and would be interested in seeing some expansion on him (aside from the new movie, of course).

I ended up getting Starship Troopers 2 (even though I couldn't afford it...). I loved the 1st one. If this one's even half as good as the original, I'll be happy.

Hellboy
06-01-2004, 08:37 PM
I ended up getting Starship Troopers 2 (even though I couldn't afford it...). I loved the 1st one. If this one's even half as good as the original, I'll be happy.

Please post if you liked it or not Reefer Shark, if it's good I'll plan on giving it a rental. I liked the original too but I'm not optomistic about this sequel, straight to video is never a good sign. :neutral:

James Boba Fettfield
06-01-2004, 09:37 PM
I heard the second one is bad. I would rent it first after reading some of the fan reviews at other boards.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Not that I'll be buying them this month, but what I have marked for a purchase eventually are:

Likewise.

Here are mine:

June 8:

The Creeping Flesh
SCTV Network 90 - Vol. 1

June 15
Simpsons - Season 4

June 22
The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

June 29
Land of the Lost - season 1 (for my kids)
Spider-Man - the '67 classic collection

James Boba Fettfield
06-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Oh man, I forgot about that Lost Skeleton movie. I have no idea what it's about, but it has that odd look to it that makes me want to see it.

Exhaust Port
06-01-2004, 11:09 PM
June 1st: Dukes of Hazzard: First Season

June 15th: The Simpsons: Season 4

Rocketboy
06-01-2004, 11:55 PM
June 1
Pitch Black - I liked this movie, despite having Vin Deisel and apparrently, a tiny budget.

June 8
The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury - Maybe. It's a 30 minute animated DVD, similar to the Van Helsing one, I think.

June 15
The Simpsons season 4

June 22
Bad Santa

evenflow
06-02-2004, 10:08 AM
June 1st
Flight of the navigator
Eurotrip
Summer School

June 29th
Spider-Man 67' collection

I may pick up some older stuff not sure what yet though.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-02-2004, 01:16 PM
June 1st: Dukes of Hazzard: First Season

June 15th: The Simpsons: Season 4

same as this fine gentleman plus

June 8

M*A*S*H Season 6

and skipping ahead just a bit :nerv: only because I just found out about this and am extremely excited, July 27: V: The complete mini series! WOOHOO!

Exhaust Port
06-02-2004, 02:27 PM
same as this fine gentleman plus
You're too kind. ;)

July 27: V: The complete mini series! WOOHOO!
That too would be quite entertaining! Nice call.

I would also like to throw in another 80's TV show that is long over due for some DVD love:

AUGUST 3rd: Knight Rider: The First Season.

Oh David Hasselhoff is soooooo Dreamy! :eek:

B'Omarr Monkey
06-02-2004, 04:33 PM
I think V is actually the complete series, not just the mini-series. Fell free to jump up and down some more. :)

Reefer Shark
06-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Please post if you liked it or not Reefer Shark, if it's good I'll plan on giving it a rental. I liked the original too but I'm not optomistic about this sequel, straight to video is never a good sign. :neutral:
I'll let you know after I watch it bud.

Pendo
06-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Another one to add to my list:

21st June
Most Haunted - Series 3, Volume 1

:)

PENDO!

evenflow
06-04-2004, 10:54 AM
June 29th - I forgot this one

Unearth

Deoxyribonucleic
06-04-2004, 12:55 PM
June 29th - I forgot this one

Unearth

what's that one about? Never heard of it before. Is it a sci/fi flick?

Hellboy
06-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Another addition to my list:

June 15
Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury

I was unaware that Peter Chung was the animator on this DVD and thats reason enough for me to take a chance on this one.

I'm also playing the "Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay" on the X-box and the game is a prequel to Pitch Black so I figured why not get the whole story. :cool:

B'Omarr Monkey
06-07-2004, 08:34 PM
HB, you'll be happy to know that the live action version of Aeon Flux is being prepped for production. I have a friend who may be supervising the FX on it.

Rocketboy
06-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Isn't Charlize Theron attached to star?

Deoxyribonucleic
06-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Isn't Charlize Theron attached to star?

Yup! Just saw it in starburst mag. Cool :cool:

evenflow
06-08-2004, 09:26 AM
what's that one about? Never heard of it before. Is it a sci/fi flick?

No, its actually a band, its a concert DVD.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-08-2004, 11:44 AM
No, its actually a band, its a concert DVD.

oh, heheheh :nerv: me bad.

Hellboy
06-08-2004, 06:13 PM
HB, you'll be happy to know that the live action version of Aeon Flux is being prepped for production. I have a friend who may be supervising the FX on it.

Whoa...happy indeed :D

I was not aware of this news. Charlize Theron is a great choice. Any word on who would play Trevor or what the story might entail?

Rocketboy
06-08-2004, 11:22 PM
From comingsoon.net

Frances McDormand Aboard Aeon Flux Source: Variety Tuesday, June 8, 2004

Frances McDormand will co-star with Charlize Theron in Paramount Pictures' big-screen live-action adaptation of the futuristic MTV toon series Aeon Flux, to be directed by Karyn Kusama (Girlfight).

Variety says McDormand will portray the Handler in the film, produced by MTV Films along with Valhalla Productions, in association with Lakeshore Entertainment. Filming is slated to begin in August in Berlin for a 2005 release.

The script, written by Phil Hay (Crazy/Beautiful) and Matt Manfredi (The Tuxedo), is set 1,000 years in the future, when disease has wiped out the population save for one city. The acrobatic title character is the top operative in an underground rebellion, but when sent on a mission to kill the government's leader, she uncovers a secret making her question if she's on the right side.

McDormand, who won an actress Oscar for Fargo, will portray the leader of the rebellion. The series was created by Peter Cheung.