PDA

View Full Version : New House of 1000 Corpses toys

James Boba Fettfield
06-01-2004, 06:05 PM
NECA is proud to announce that we have obtained the license for action figures and collectibles for Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses" and it's upcoming sequel "The Devil's Rejects: House of 1000 Corpses Part II." "We are all fans of Rob Zombie and "House of 1000 Corpses" so we are thrilled to be working with Rob and to be developing merchandise for the original film and the sequel", said NECA Director of Product Development Randy Falk. There is a great selection of characters and images that we can not wait to translate into toy form adds Falk. Expect your first look at this upcoming series at the San Diego Comic Con in July.

"The Devil's Rejects" centers on a band of bounty hunters led by Sheriff Wydell's brother who is fueled by revenge when he finds out that his kin was slain by the Firefly family. The film will pick up shortly after the conclusion of "House of 1000 Corpses" with the Firefly clan going on the road after their house is burned down during a police raid.

http://www.necaonline.com/zombienews1.html

Good, those older figures were not that great.

plasticfetish
06-02-2004, 02:10 AM
I agree, the old one's didn't do it for me either. Can't wait to see the pics from Comic-Con! Perhaps we'll all get that Tiny figure we've been waiting for.

evenflow
06-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Well I am eager to see what they look like, but i dont see myself buying these.

Reefer Shark
06-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I loved the movie but hated the figures. They looked crappy, so I passed. There will have to be some major improvements to entice me to buy the next wave.

James Boba Fettfield
06-02-2004, 10:47 AM
It's NECA, don't expect some badly sculpted figures.

Hellboy
06-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Sounds cool. If these turn out as good as NECA's Kill Bill figures I'll definately be interested. :cool:

Hellboy
07-26-2004, 06:38 PM
NECA has updated their site with pictures of the new Captain Spaulding figure that was shown at the SD Comic-Con and he looks great!! Nice choice of shirt too. :D

http://www.necaonline.com/comiconnews6.html

plasticfetish
08-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Oh yeah... I almost forgot about this one.

At Comic-Con I not only got to meet Sid Haig, but after we'd talked and he'd signed an autograph for me ("fried chicken & gasoline") he told me that I had to march over and check out his brand new figure at the NECA booth.

It looks great! The pictures don't lie.

2-1B
08-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Sid Haig is great in person. :D

I wonder if this new line will offer Spaulding's buddy, Ravelli ?
I think he would make for a cool figure as long as he comes with that giant mask. :D

Tiny will be a definite pickup on my end.

Beast
08-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Here's the info on that upcoming Capt. Spaulding figure:

This Full House Has No Cutesy Twins
The "Hot Dog" T-Shirt version of Captain Spaulding made his debut at the San Diego Comic Con and now we are pleased to release all of the details along with some news on the forthcoming House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects merchandise from NECA.

This special t-shirt version of Spaulding, based on his appearance in "House of 1000 Corpses" will be available this fall exclusively at Suncoast/Media Play stores in the US.

Captain Spaulding Features:
Ball Jointed Neck and Shoulders
Swivel Biceps, Wrists, Waist, and Ankles
Interchangeable Hands

Accessories Include:
Small Hat
Pistol
Monster Hand Key Chain
Bag of Fried Chicken

Packaging: Clamshell

Scheduled Release: Late November 2004

This Exclusive version of Captain Spaulding is a "Sneak Preview" figure for the upcoming full series of toys based on House of 1000 Corpses and it's sequel The Devil's Rejects" Due for release in early 2005, the full series will contain characters from both films including: Otis, Spaulding, Dr. Satan and more! Other merchandise including statues, busts, prop replicas, and more are currently in development. Expect more news and details to be revealed at the Monster Mania Horror Convention.
http://www.necaonline.com/zombienews2.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
08-12-2004, 02:31 AM
I really hope we'll get a figure of Ken Foree as Charlie Altamont.

Hellboy
10-18-2004, 02:44 AM
New pictures are up over at Rob Zombie's site and they look great. Looks like these will be out the same time as the film in February. Hehe . . Tiny even comes with a stump, lets just hope it hasn't been used. :Ponder:

http://www.robzombie.com/toys/rejectstoys.htm

According to NECA Series 1 will include the following characters:

-All American Captain Spaulding
-Corpses Otis (with skull face and lantern).
-Dr. Satan (with torture tools and mask).
-Tiny (with stump and removable hood).
-Rejects Otis (with knife and guns).
-Baby (with shotgun and knife).

http://www.necaonline.com/zombienews5.html

plasticfetish
12-02-2004, 03:10 AM
Picked myself up a nice heavy plastic clown with a hotdog on his shirt and a pistol in his left hand today. He's great! (It's amazing how much it looks like Sid.)

Ji'dai
02-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Spotted Series I at Spencers Gifts and also at Suncoast today. Suncoast is the cheapest (by a buck) at $11.99. I think there are only three figures in this wave - Otis, Dr. Satan, and "All-American" Captain Spaulding.

Turbowars
02-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey whats the sexy blondes name in the movie? You the one that has that terrible laugh and kills people and I still get turned on by her. There is a figure of her right?

I have heard that she's Robs wife or girlfriend.

plasticfetish
02-24-2005, 06:12 AM
Hey whats the sexy blondes name in the movie?That's "Baby." (Yeah, she's Rob's girlfriend in real life.)

-----

So... I guess I'll be visiting Suncoast after work.

plasticfetish
03-01-2005, 05:07 AM
Picked up an All American Spaulding to keep carded. Also picked up Dr. Satan to open. It's a decent figure with plenty of detail and tons of accessories, but it's a little flimsy in places because it's so thin.

Creepy though... and that's good.

Hellboy
03-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Nice pics PF, Dr. Satan is lookin a bit on the crusty side I'd say.

I'm looking forward to picking these up, hopefully soon.

Ji'dai
08-05-2005, 02:20 PM
I spotted The Devils Rejects figures at Spencers today, $12.99 each. This series includes Baby, Captain Spaulding (in plaid pants), Otis, and Tiny.

plasticfetish
08-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Ah, right on! Gotta get me a Tiny...

2-1B
08-08-2005, 04:27 AM
I grabbed the convention exclusive Spaulding / Baby 2 pack this weekend, nothing that extraordinary but still neat. I think the difference is that Baby has the red top and I don't remember Spaulding's deal - I think it's the clown paint ? Anyway, it's cool and I really need to get a Tiny as well.

Turbowars
03-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Anyone see the Reject 3 pack? I just was looking at them in the new EE catalog. All 3 are bloody. I guess they are from the ending part of the film. Pretty cool!