PDA

View Full Version : Terribly Horrible Rumor!!!

Amanamanman
12-17-2001, 10:48 AM
I just read a rumor on TFN that Celin Dion is going to be doing a love song for AOTC. If this turns out to be true I refuse to see the movie. There is no place for that kind of crap in Star Wars movies and I will be throuroughly convinced that George Lucas is a complete fool if this rumor turns out to be true. I can stand Ewoks, I can just barely stomach Jar Jar, but if Celin Dion does a song for this movie my collection is as good as sold and Star wars will be dead to me for good.

JEDIpartner
12-17-2001, 02:35 PM
Well... for as much as I love Céline, and I HAVE met her on several occasions (she is very nice)- her voice would be so out of place in a STAR WARS film. It would be out of place in any film that would take place off of this planet. Her voice is best suited for earthbound romantic comedy films, dramas and things of that nature.

I, for one, HATE "Jedi Rocks" because it sounds too terrestrial. I can only imagine how awkward Céline's voice would sound in this film. "Princess Leia's Theme" and "Han and the Princess" are both very romantic sounding pieces and belong in the STAR WARS universe. John Williams could write an "Anakin and Padmé" theme or something, incorporating bits of "Anakin's Theme"/"Imperial March" with "Princess Leia's Theme".

...I would even dare to say that I would be embarassed for her if this rumour was true. :(

Jargo
12-17-2001, 03:07 PM
Knowing how TFN post every fart and tremble just because it has the word star or wars in it, I would hazard a feeble guess that Celine is possibly a star wars fan and muttered something in an interview about how she would love to add her vocal talents to the star wars universe somehow. The films using varied vocal tracks in the scores so far. How about if Celine was offering her voice as an additional choral member for the scoring? Just another voice in the crowd but still a part of the star wars universe. How about if LFL asked celline to add some non worded singing to the wedding scenes. just some arpegios or some incantations sung softly to some beautiful John Williams music? That would work wouldn't it? George wouldn't ever add a song to star wars from a real world singer. It just wouldn't work and would be commercial suicide to break the spell of the star wars fantasy.
What I suggested sounds plausible but I'm not saying it as fact or trying to sway judgement. Just offering a considered opinion and theory on the matter. :)

Fulit
12-17-2001, 04:02 PM
I can't reply, I'm too busy shooting myself.:mad:

Rollo Tomassi
12-17-2001, 04:45 PM
My knee jerk reaction to this is ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!...:cry: :cry: :cry: but if it turns out to be true and they keep it to vocalization only and ABSOLUTELY NO LYRICS, then I will save judgement until I hear it in in the context of the film...

Jargo
12-17-2001, 04:48 PM
I was trying to be nice but since you started it I can't not say that I really think Sealion Dion would be the worst thing to happen to star wars since the Greedo shooting incident. How the words sing and Sealion Dion can be uttered in the same sentence and not spontaneously combust is beyond me. Warbling is a national pastime in the Canadian mountains is it? Would star wars benefit from these strangled vowel sounds being screeched alongside the images? A song in star wars would not be misplaced in the nightclub but surely this would be sung by someone whose growl we don't already know. Surely this would be sung by someone with a grasp on linguistics. Surely Ben Burtt would shoot Lucas before he commited one note of Sealions voice to tape. NO NO NO! I say again NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dead:

Anyway. I still say this is bilge from the fart reporters at TFN. :o

kit fristo
12-17-2001, 04:54 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it carnt be neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jedi Clint
12-17-2001, 06:21 PM
How about if Celine was offering her voice as an additional choral member for the scoring? Just another voice in the crowd but still a part of the star wars universe. How about if LFL asked celline to add some non worded singing to the wedding scenes. just some arpegios or some incantations sung softly to some beautiful John Williams music? That would work wouldn't it?

Yes. I could handle that. I am in no way a fan of the Canadian pop diva. I could handle Enya's voice substituted in your hypothesis EJ. What do ya say? :) Especially if added to the wedding scene (assuming there is one).

Magnolia-Fan
12-17-2001, 06:38 PM
THIS JUST IN!!!

A sample of Celine's SW E2 AOTC song has just been released.
Click below to hear it!

GNT
12-17-2001, 06:46 PM
I highly doubt that she would do any music for AOTC!

Gee=z people can we get her name right?

Celin Dion,Céline and Sealion Dion ;)

Jedi Clint
12-17-2001, 06:51 PM
I know this guy that used to date a gal that looked a lot like Celine! So much so, that I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually her. We even saw her meter reading one day. Could she be a song bird in Canada, and an employee of a power company in middle America!!??!?!?!?? What do you think Magnolia-Fan? ;)

By the way......rumor debunked:

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#13542

Magnolia-Fan
12-17-2001, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
I know this guy that used to date a gal that looked a lot like Celine! So much so, that I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually her. We even saw her meter reading one day. Could she be a song bird in Canada, and an employee of a power company in middle America!!??!?!?!?? What do you think Magnolia-Fan? ;)

By the way......rumor debunked:

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#13542

kit fristo
12-17-2001, 07:19 PM
ITS FULSE HEAD ON OVERTHEFORCE.NET AND LOOK FOR YOUR SELF THE KIT

Magnolia-Fan
12-17-2001, 07:28 PM
He am right!

Jargo
12-17-2001, 07:29 PM
it actually brings up the question of guest spots in star wars. or cameo appearances if you want to get technical. :) Who do you think would make a good guest voice or vocalist? Some really big star that you wouldn't neccessarily recognise as just a voice. Maybe doing the voice of a CGI character perhaps or a singer doing some vocals like the duel of the fates vocals. Kind of operatic-ish but not recognisably a singers voice. I bet there's a helluva lot of singers and stars out there who'd kill to do some vocal work on star wars just for the kick it would give them to be involved somehow. Look at Sam Jackson, he just wanted to be in a movie even in a costume with a mask on. He didn't neccessarily want a leading role like he got. How many other big names would kill to climb insidea wierd alien suit or read lines into a microphone in some dank studio just to say "I did a star wars!"?

Makes ya think doesn't it? :)

bigbarada
12-18-2001, 12:26 AM
I think it's a great idea! However, if he can't get Celine Dion then GL should try for Bette Midler or Cher!;) :D :sur: :) :p

JediTricks
12-18-2001, 03:44 AM
Hmm, Celine Dion in Star Wars vs. Ahmed "Jar Jar" Best smashing me in the face over and over for 2 hours 9 minutes... tough choice. :crazed:

I'm sick of cameos in SW, Samuel L. Jackson really was pushing the envelope for me with that. One is cute and good for PR, dozens more would feel like either of the choices above. :cry:

Rollo Tomassi
12-18-2001, 08:22 AM
"fulse" ?? (cough)sithninja(cough)

I always wanted to see Sean Connery in a Star Wars film. Just a quick cameo as Jedi Knight in the background. But JT is right, too much of that and it ceases to be "a galaxy far far away..." and becomes a Hollywood in-joke.

JEDIpartner
12-18-2001, 08:39 AM
Okay... so today TFN has issued a report of *NSYNC being cast as background Jedi in the Arena sequence.

Oh... whatever. :frus:

mylow thehutt
12-18-2001, 06:05 PM
THank god it's false,or we would be seeing this

PADMA- "Anakin,i'm flying"

ANAKIN-"ah,yeah this is a spacecraft.

kind of odd too,in the very beginng for casting of Anakin,Leandoro Dacparico(so can't spell his name)almost got the part but Hayden got it.Oh man Geogre whats next hand print on a speeder or a drawing scene beetwen R2 and 3PO,(if you saw Titanic you know what i mean):evil:

Rollo Tomassi
12-18-2001, 06:40 PM
3PO's nude scene was in Episode I.;)

bigbarada
12-18-2001, 06:44 PM
I don't think GL was ever considering DiCaprio as Anakin. What started off most of the speculation was a statement made by Leo where he said he would love to be in Ep2 and 3 and would take a substantial drop in salary just to be a part of these films. However, he figured (correctly) that fans wouldn't accept him in the role of Anakin.

Rollo Tomassi
12-18-2001, 06:48 PM
DiCaprio said no because he wouldn't sign a two picture deal without seeing a script.

mylow thehutt
12-18-2001, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
3PO's nude scene was in Episode I.;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: me...ow

Obi-Don
12-19-2001, 09:03 AM
I can see it now.She starts sing just as the Death Star hits a ice berg.:D

mylow thehutt
12-19-2001, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
I can see it now.She starts sing just as the Death Star hits a ice berg.:D

Ice burge....I..I mean astroid right ahead!!!:p

Darth Rage
01-01-2002, 05:22 PM
Hans Zimmer should do the sountrack for AOTC!

Rollo Tomassi
01-02-2002, 08:34 AM
Speaking of rumors....www.darkhorizons.com has a nifty little one about N*Sync donning Jedi robes and being background characters in the big Jedi arena battle where they only get a second of miniscule tiny inch high screen time and then die gruesome deaths. Thoughts? Another fart? or something more substantial...

Jedi Clint
01-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Speaking of rumors....www.darkhorizons.com has a nifty little one about N*Sync donning Jedi robes and being background characters in the big Jedi arena battle where they only get a second of miniscule tiny inch high screen time and then die gruesome deaths. Thoughts? Another fart? or something more substantial...

I don't believe it is of any consequence.

Emperor Howdy
01-03-2002, 12:52 AM
ooooooooooooh, they die? Well........'echem'..........that changes everything. :evil:

:eek:

:Pirate: arrrrgh

evenflow
01-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Things just get worse and worse. This and N'Sync. Horrible, just horrible. It is a sad day to be a Star Wars fan. :cry:

Co Jo-Da
01-04-2002, 11:39 AM
Look at it this way... everyone whom doesn't like N'Sync (or hates them) will get to see them die in an explosion in the Arena Battle. As to the whole Celine Dion love theme, I don't buy a word of it...

SithDroid
01-13-2002, 08:59 PM
First of all Bette Midler or Cher? Come on now. I don't mind Celine and she wouldn't be that bad. I'd also like to hear Enya. She has always been a favorite of mine and her voice would give it that "mystical" feeling. I believe that if any artist was to be used, John Williams should score the music for the song and write the lyrics.

Leo who? Oh you mean the actor that lucked out by starring in Titanic. Where is he now? Let's see, there was the Beach.... well who knows what he's done, but it hasn't been anything worth seeing. As far as Leo asking to take a price cut to be in Star Wars, I wouldn't give it to him. Get a good actor to play the part and not a teeny bopper idol, although he isn't quite so much anymore. See N'SYNC it all comes true. A better choice to play the part would have been Ryan Phillippe, which I heard rumored originally. He looks a lot like Hayden Christensen, and Philiippe has a black belt in karate, which could come in handy for those Jedi battles. I hope Hayden doesn't disappoint me.

GNT
01-13-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Look at it this way... everyone whom doesn't like N'Sync (or hates them) will get to see them die in an explosion in the Arena Battle. As to the whole Celine Dion love theme, I don't buy a word of it...

Maybe the council would find out they were evil siths and Plo Kon,Ki and Yoda could kill them? Oh what this thing is on um well I also dont believe Dion would have any part in the Star Wars universe either!

2-1B
03-01-2008, 01:44 PM
She did one for Titanic, so why not Star Wars ? :thumbsup: