PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Earth has OTC Sandcrawler up for per-order.

Turbowars
06-02-2004, 09:04 PM
EE Now Taking Pre-order For Sandcrawler

STAR WARS SANDCRAWLER Item Number: HS26795 Price: $59.99 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS26795)

Limited edition Star Wars Sandcrawler for 3 3/4 inch scale figures. Includes three figures - 2x Jawas and 1x RA droid.

Excerpts from GalacticHunter.com: "It's been over two decades since we last saw a Jawa Sandcrawler on a store shelf. The Radio Controlled Sandcrawler holds a special place in many old timer's hearts, and besides the Death Star Playset, is one of those iconic toys which immediately come to mind whenever one refers to the vintage Kenner line. Heeding countless polls and petitions, Hasbro finally plans on releasing an updated version [not radio controlled]. It's a rehashed mold and looks to be without electronics, but note the excellent "worn" paint deco of the new vehicle. Many of the vintage components also appear like they're intact (at a quick glance, the droid tube hatch is still there).

True to what we've heard from earlier reports, the Sandcrawler will come packed-in with 3 figures --and yes -- they are from previous sculpts. The Jawas are obvious choice for a pack-in and looks to be the POTF2 Ronto Beast pack version. The RA droid is a straight repaint of the original POTF2 Death Star Droid."

Click here (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS26795)to order!

Val Da Car
06-02-2004, 09:18 PM
My wife like Jawas and Ewoks...I might have to get that....DANG another $50 bux.....

My buddy is trying to work a deal with his favorite comic shop and get a break on the price.....so I will have an idea on the Diamond Comics "Cost" for the sandcrawler soon.

Turbowars
06-02-2004, 09:35 PM
I was going to do the same thing with my local shop, but they can only order by the case. Who knows if there are 1, 2, 4 per case and I'm sure they will stick it to me on the cost. That Droid sure comes in a fancy package and very expensive at that.lol

Val Da Car
06-02-2004, 09:59 PM
mmm new droids......

dindae
06-03-2004, 12:56 AM
Is it going to be sold at retail anywhere or just online/comic stores?

Droid
06-03-2004, 09:56 AM
But is this the only way it will ever be available? Is Entertainment Earth the only place it will be sold?

evenflow
06-03-2004, 10:45 AM
I am happy we are getting this one. This is the one vintage vehicle I always wanted but never got. I will be buying this.

Turbowars
06-03-2004, 07:50 PM
But is this the only way it will ever be available? Is Entertainment Earth the only place it will be sold?No other on-line stores will get them and your local comic store may get them if they buy from Diamond.

dindae
06-03-2004, 08:08 PM
No other on-line stores will get them and your local comic store may get them if they buy from Diamond.

As tjonovich posted is the saga section. Johns toys is selling them here (http://www.johns-toys-store.com/store/prodinfo.asp?number=SWCRAWL&variation=).

B'Omarr Monkey
06-04-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm guessing some media stores like Suncoast and the like will get them as well. Also try AmokTime.com, they will probably get it as well.

mark2d2
06-04-2004, 04:01 AM
FYI --- Action Figure Express has this available for Pre-order * $54.99.

Too me, this toy is more than worth it. As some of you may know, the Sandcrawler has been an obsession with me for quite a while now.

JEDIpartner
06-04-2004, 09:24 AM
We know, Marky... which is why we love you! :) I'm passing on this one and spending my $59.99 on the new Falcon. You'll have to let me know how it is when you get it!!!

keithfite
06-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Ok. Let me get this right. The 3 figures are just re releases. it says the droid is a death star droid repainted. as expensive as this is, and with this whole otc line, they couldnt hook us up with some new figures. I cant decide if I want this or not. but if it had new figures there would be no question. does anyone know a good place to see a good pic of this droid?