PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot To Record New Doctor Who Theme

arctangent
06-04-2004, 09:22 AM
there have been a few rumours (mainly started by slipknot themselves when thay said how much many of them loved doctor who as kids) that they would like to re-record the classic doctor who theme and give it a bang up-to-date sound and a rather more maggoty feel than the original piece of electronica. no official announcement from the bbc yet but negotiations are taking place. aledgedly.

could be an interesting colaboration given the diversity of vol 3 (the subliminal verses)

Reefer Shark
06-04-2004, 10:03 AM
That's pretty interesting arctangent.

I agree on the diversity of Vol 3. Such an awesome CD, it's been playing non-stop in my car since release day! These guys really show their talent this time around. Big difference from the Iowa CD (although I like that one too).

arctangent
06-04-2004, 10:52 AM
That's pretty interesting arctangent.

I agree on the diversity of Vol 3. Such an awesome CD, it's been playing non-stop in my car since release day! These guys really show their talent this time around. Big difference from the Iowa CD (although I like that one too).

i only received my copy via post this morning and have only listened to it once so far but it sounds good on first listen.

evenflow
06-04-2004, 11:00 AM
I personally can't stand the new album. I think it is horrible. Just not my thing.

arctangent
06-18-2004, 05:23 AM
i have now seen two conflicting reports about this. in one both the bbc and slipknot's management have denied any plans to record the new dr who theme and in the other the bbc are going to choose between having slipknot record a new version or orbital who have actually recorded a version of the dr who theme tune quite some time ago.

also one time teenage singer turned (quite good) serious actress billie piper is to be the doctor's new assistant.