PDA

View Full Version : I need more men......

scruffziller
06-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Did Palpy and Vader deliberately shortchange the Imperial workforce? Did they do this to keep the followers fearful as they cracked the whip. Working them like dogs building the the second Death Star.

JediTricks
06-07-2004, 06:42 PM
I think they did it to ensure that the station LOOKED unready when it came under attack by the rebs. If the head of the project thinks it's not coming along as planned, that info will leak out and fortify the rumors that the Emperor has made a critical error.

sith_killer_99
06-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Hmmm....

I disagree.

He said "This station will be operational" and it was. It didn't need to be "finished", just "operational", which is precisely what he says.

I could be wrong, but coming from a real life military perspective you see that kind of thing all the time, tight schedules, personnel problems, etc. No matter how high the priority your project is, it always seems like you need more men, more resources, etc. These things tend to happen, especially when you are under a lot of stress. Weaker commanders tend to point their finger everywhere but at themselves. Just my 2 cents.

scruffziller
06-08-2004, 06:54 AM
I think they did it to ensure that the station LOOKED unready when it came under attack by the rebs. If the head of the project thinks it's not coming along as planned, that info will leak out and fortify the rumors that the Emperor has made a critical error.
oooooooooooooo excellent point JT!!!!:)

Well the way Palpy liked to instill fear, it made me wonder. If they had the workers they needed to do the job in the alloted time they fealt confident it would get done......happy feelings don't feed well into the darkside.;)

JEDIpartner
06-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Doesn't the title of this thread sound like something a three-dollar Alice would say as she's reclined on her divan? :D

scruffziller
06-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Doesn't the title of this thread sound like something a three-dollar Alice would say as she's reclined on her divan? :D
Yea I kinda thought it might sound like that along those lines.:D

Rogue II
06-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Hmmm....
I could be wrong, but coming from a real life military perspective you see that kind of thing all the time, tight schedules, personnel problems, etc. No matter how high the priority your project is, it always seems like you need more men, more resources, etc. These things tend to happen, especially when you are under a lot of stress. Weaker commanders tend to point their finger everywhere but at themselves. Just my 2 cents.

Yep. I'm in the military as well, and in a construction unit. That is exactly what happens, especially when there is a war going on.

stillakid
06-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Hmmm....

I disagree.

He said "This station will be operational" and it was. It didn't need to be "finished", just "operational", which is precisely what he says.

I agree. There was no need to have the rec. room and pleasure wings completed. Just a few gun turrets and of course the big laser beam thingie. Once they wiped the Rebellion clean, there would be enough time to go find the contractors (undoubtedly working on somebody else's project...you know those guys, they're all alike) and make the ball o' death more beauuooootifuuul. :kiss:

JEDIpartner
06-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Yea I kinda thought it might sound like that along those lines.:D
I like it when stuff like that works out in such a manner... :)