PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Reagan Dead

Kidhuman
06-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Not intended for politics, because first he was an actor. God Speed. God Speed.

Exhaust Port
06-05-2004, 11:02 PM
I'm sure it will be a weight off his family's shoulder to have him at peace. 93 years though, not bad.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm very sad to see him go as he was an avid sports fan as well as a sports caster (in the 30's and did a few innings for the Cubs w/ Harry and Steve Stone) and an actor. Alzheimers is a horrible disease and i hope that he and his family are at peace now that he's no longer suffering. RIP, Gipper.

Darth Jax
06-06-2004, 12:33 AM
i'll take this opportunity to pay my respects as well before this thread goes political and gets closed.

Turbowars
06-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Mr. Star Wars himself is now with the stars above. Rest in peace Ron.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-06-2004, 01:00 AM
He was my fav president. :( Farewell sir... :zzz:

stillakid
06-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the debt...er um, the memories.

Bacta Beast
06-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Goodbye to my favorite President! You will be missed.

Here's to the memory of fine man, who will not only be remembered for his acting, and his love of sports, but also as a great President!!

Ron, thanks for being what this country needed, wish there were more like you today!

scruffziller
06-06-2004, 05:33 PM
One of the greatest presidents to lead this great country.:zzz:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Alright kids, let's keep it clean here. Mr. Human started this thread so people could pay their respects to Mr. Reagan and we should honor that.

Keep the politics talk to NONE as it won't be tolerated and personal attacks, though somewhat warranted, also aren't acceptabe. Play nice, kids. :D

Kidhuman
06-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Thanks JMG.

If I wanted this thread to go political, I would of chanced a ban and went ahead and put it in the Gen. Disc. He was an actor before politics. Bottom line is he will be missed on many levels.

As far as personal attacks, save em PM and IM's. Thanks fellas.

Please keep all political POV's to yourself Stillakid, they are not warranted in this here territory.

James Boba Fettfield
06-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Hmmm.

Just try to keep this from turning into whether he was a good president or not discussion. Let's remember him for that movie with the chimp.

Kidhuman
06-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Let's remember him for that movie with the chimp.

Took care of that one. :beard:

Turbowars
06-06-2004, 06:30 PM
This is a general statement.

One thing that has always bothered me about death is the fact that everyone makes a big deal about the person. How about doing it when they are alive. I have seen this with my family and some of them hated the person that died.

JON9000
06-06-2004, 06:36 PM
It was weird seeing the old footage of him talking from behind the desk in the oval office. Almost nostalgic. Brought back memories of what things were like back then and how different the world is now. It seems folly to try and keep politics out. The man was President after all, and his policies are his legacy, be they good or bad. I keep hearing the "Great Communicator" bandied about on TV. I suppose that is as good an epithet as any, because he certainly was effective in puttng a message across.

vulcantouch
06-06-2004, 10:43 PM
j9000: "It seems folly to try and keep politics out"
-you ain't kiddin! or, maybe we're wrong- let's find out :evil::
if it ain't "political" to proclaim a recent prexy your fave, then i guess it also won't be "political" if i say he was a self-deluded Creep and not only won't i miss him, i'm glad to be rid of him :p
maggots, do yo stuff- and don't forget that naaaaasty nancy :dev:
vt

Darth Jax
06-06-2004, 11:14 PM
VT- just say no.

James Boba Fettfield
06-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Well, I don't think this needs to stay open after those comments. Some people can't resist the urge.