PDA

View Full Version : Card Question/Trouble

Val Da Car
06-05-2004, 10:59 PM
I just moved into my house and all of the carded figure that are not in some type of starcase are curving upwards.

My basement has a dehumidifier set to 55% and it is nice and cool, about 64 degrees (F).

What is happening to them?

I was going to try to be a Carded collector but that was shot down....time to army build and make more dioramas!

Turbowars
06-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Some of mine are like that, but most of them are in SC's. I think the problem with mine where the temp changes from night to day. My garage at the time was hot as hell during the day and then kind of damp during the night. Star casing every card as I have is the only way to be sure they wont do this.

I wouldn't dream about opening most of POTF2 to Ep1, but the newer figures have been pretty cool and I just have to buy extra's to crack open.

Bobby Fett
06-06-2004, 09:42 AM
I've noticed quite a few figures (peg warmers) still in the stores that are developing a distinct curve. I thought it was probably because of some interaction between the cardboard, printing process, glue and bubble.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-06-2004, 11:00 AM
You know, I've never had that problem with any of my carded figs (which are less know since I opened most of 'em) and they weren't even in star cases. I had them all in a huge cardboard box, so huge I almost couldn't pick it up and had all the figs laying down, staggered postion on top of each other, to fit the maximum amount in and they have never seen the slightest of curves or bends or anything. They are/were stored in my closet at the top shelf.

My friend on the other hand, had his in comicbook boxes standing up and they all bent. :(

Kidhuman
06-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Never had this problem either. AG constant temp is probably the solution.