PDA

View Full Version : Grevious' Ship?

Jangu Fett
06-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Does anyone out there know if there is a drawing or photo of what the Generals ship looks like? I know he has a Hoola-Hoop type bike, but what about his starship.

Is anyone else thinking Darth Maul wanabe? With the Infiltrator and the Bloodfin ( Speeder Bike). And multiple blade lightsabers?

Jay86
06-06-2004, 07:32 PM
This is the only thing I've seen that comes close to looking like (part) of any kind of ship Greivous is piloting -

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7973

(pic originally posted in the "Behind the Helmet" thread by Pendo, thanks for all the pics Pendo!)

And nope, definitely not thinking "Darth Maul wannabe".....Maul and Greivous are pretty different.......

Darth Maul - Sith Apprentice, used force powers, 2 arms, human(oid), had ONE double bladed lightsaber, fought alone

Grevious - General of the Droid Army, doesnt have any force powers, has 4 arms, is a droid, has 4 individual one bladed lightsabers, has his own personal henchmen

Just because they both drive some type of speeder bike (I havent heard anything about Greivous and a personal speeder, wouldnt doubt it thought) and fly a ship (if not for a ship...well how would they get around?) doesnt mean Greivious is a "rip off" of Maul, besides, its not like theyre real people......theyre characters designed by people...I'm pretty interested in seeing Greivous, so far all I've seen is that guy in the blue bug-like jumpsuit holding a gun.....Greivous should be interesting to see as a finished product on film

Jangu Fett
06-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Ok, Darth Maul wannabe was not the right way to phrase that. I only mean to point out how similar Gevious and Maul are. Not to upset anyone. And I should point out Maul didn't really work alone. He used probe droids to hunt down the Jedi on Tatooine. Grevious is not a droid either he's a cyborg, like Vader. He has 2 arms that CAN become 4. And they both use lightsabers. And they both worked for Darth Sidious, either directly or indirectly. And yes, I know they,re not real. I also look forward to seeing how Grevious looks and acts in the movie. IMO, if its anything like how he looked in the cartoon series. We are all in for a treat.

Jay86 thank you for the photo, thats one I haven't seen before. You can find a pic of Grevious' bike in here (http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Jedi469/wheels.jpg)

-Durge-
06-06-2004, 09:33 PM
I remember T'bone posted really good art of Grevious speeder. I do not think Grevious pilots a ship only a speeder.

Jay86
06-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Ok, Darth Maul wannabe was not the right way to phrase that. I only mean to point out how similar Gevious and Maul are. Not to upset anyone. And I should point out Maul didn't really work alone. He used probe droids to hunt down the Jedi on Tatooine. Grevious is not a droid either he's a cyborg, like Vader. He has 2 arms that CAN become 4. And they both use lightsabers. And they both worked for Darth Sidious, either directly or indirectly. And yes, I know they,re not real. I also look forward to seeing how Grevious looks and acts in the movie. IMO, if its anything like how he looked in the cartoon series. We are all in for a treat.

Jay86 thank you for the photo, thats one I haven't seen before. You can find a pic of Grevious' bike in here (http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Jedi469/wheels.jpg)Thanks for that pic, it only further deepens my urge to see Greivous in action :)
As far as upseting, I certainly wasnt, just pointing out some details, thats all. Some good points you make there as well, though I'd still dispute Greivous being a cyborg or at least being as "cyborg-ish" as Vader, I'd have to say that Vader is still more man that Greivous is, or whatever Greivous was or partly is, because true part of him isnt droid-like, but thats just his face really. As far as Greivous's appearanec in Episode 3, dont expect him to be as tall as he was in the Clone Wars cartoon, at least he definitely seemed tall to me. Word is that he's only going to be as tall as that guy in the blue suit, about 6' tall. All I really know is I cant wait for Episode 3, I've read so much and seen so many pictures and I really cant bring myself to believe Episode 3 is going to be only 2 and a half hours....with all the things I've read and seen its going to be a miracle if they can put all of that within 2 and a half hours....theres only one way to find out though, and I'm counting down the days!!! Ok, so my Clockdown clock is doing it for me lol

Jangu Fett
06-07-2004, 01:39 PM
With a bike like the one pictured I'm dying to see Grevious in action. I hope we get to see the "good" General running down some jedi with that.

I just read a article that says Grevious' ship looks like a oversized droid starfighter. I think the article was tied to the new Republic Commando game. Though I'm not sure :confused: