PDA

View Full Version : How often should Hasbro release new Ewok toys

JediTricks
06-07-2004, 07:41 PM
With the recent release of the Ultra Ewok w/ glider, the discussion soon turned to other Ewok figures and items that have yet to be released in the modern line. Some would argue that Hasbro has only given us a small handful of Ewok toys in the past decade and have yet to cover all the figures from the vintage line, much less expand upon this army of furry little bears from Return of the Jedi; others have suggested that while there should be more Ewoks, only army builder packs of generic figures need apply; yet others still believe that there is little interest in Ewok toys and that more of them would simply oversaturate a tenuous market thus making Ewok toys look bad as they collect dust on shelves.

Some of the items suggested have been:

Ultra Ewok with catapult
Mother Ewok with wokling
Chief Chirpa
Warok (incorrectly rumored to be the recent Saga Ultra Ewok)
Romba
Lumat
Paploo (repair the damage done with the AT-ST set)
generic Ewok army builder pack
Ewok village
Seeing that there are plenty of Ewok items that could be done, how often should new Ewok toys be released into the modern line? Will the spectre of secret Ewok interest keep new toys flowing, or over 20 years later are collectors still not ready for teddy bear action figures?

B'Omarr Monkey
06-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Like the cantina patrons, the pod race pilots, Amidala's outfits, and until just recently, Jabba's palace, the ewoks are one of the most underutilized character groups to be made into toys in the SW universe.

I think offering them at the rate of one or two every three or four waves would be sufficient to not oversaturate the market, as well as to avoid confusion about which ewoks have been released or not. They do look pretty similar to the untrained eye.

I think offering cantina patrons in a slightly more regular rate would make us all happy as well, say one character per wave, or two of them every 2nd or 3rd wave. Pod race pilots could probably be released in multi pack sets 2 or 3 times a year, and Amidala's outifits could be released as one every other wave.

Bobby Fett
06-07-2004, 10:11 PM
One every hundred years should do it.

evenflow
06-08-2004, 09:19 AM
3 or 4 a year wouldn't hurt. I really want the Ewok mother with Wokkling.

jedi master sal
06-08-2004, 09:52 AM
I was going to put 1 to 2 times a year, but since I have a disturbing thought that the line will die within two years after EPIII, I went for 3-4 times a year, just to get them done before the "end".

These little furballs were instrumental in the "Battle of Endor". Were it not for them the rebels would not have had a chance to take out the shiled generator, thereby leaving the Death Star open to attack.

They should be given their due. At least the figures/sets mentioned should be made. I'd be happy with that, then if there's time and the line doesn't die, they could make more Ewoks.

Personally, I'd rather see that Hasbro makes all characters with a speaking role first, then those who didn't speak but had a pivitol role, then background characters.

dindae
06-08-2004, 10:48 AM
I put 3-4 a year. I don't need to see them spaced out. It could be a three pack or something like that. Also after two years I would want to back it down to 1-2 a year.

Magus Frost
06-08-2004, 10:55 AM
I was going to put 1 to 2 times a year, but since I have a disturbing thought that the line will die within two years after EPIII, I went for 3-4 times a year, just to get them done before the "end".

Nah - with the animated series coming out, and the EU, I suspect SW will be around for a while longer...

LusiferSam
06-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Unlike some people I like the Ewoks. These furballs are what the Battle of Endor different. With that said I'd like to see between 1-4 new Ewoks or Ewok accessories per year (I voted for 3-4). Not enough to over do it, but enough to get some more Ewoks in. Or get some redone, can you say Paploo and Wicket.

Kidhuman
06-08-2004, 11:20 AM
I voted at least one or 2 per year. There arent really many thagt stand out, so that should pace it for awhile. Ewoks are a key point in ROTJ. They are very underrated as figures and I do believe would sell. There are many an Ewok still yet to be made in our modern line. Hasbro needs to represent the Moon of Endor alot better than crumby repacks.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-08-2004, 11:52 AM
I think the whole ewok thing has been underproduced, but so have so many other aspects of the movies, like B'OM has stated above. However I think they should be parceled out once in a while, like a couple of times a year. More than that is just too much. Same thing with other "specialized" scene specific characters.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-08-2004, 01:36 PM
In all honesty, I was never a big fan of them in the movies, not so much becasue they had a teddy-bear like appearance, but because they looked like people wearing costumes that were hard to move in, and had eyes that convinced me that I could see the actors' faces through them. It got in the way of suspending my disbelief.

I actually think the ewoks look much better rendered in plastic than they did in the movies.

skeeziks22
06-08-2004, 02:35 PM
I don't mind how often they have been released... however, Hasbro has been pretty screwy with what they have released. With the Leia 2 pack we get wicket... then we get wicket again in an ewok 2 pack... why? We have Wicket, Teebo, Logray, Paploo, and 2 un-named Ewoks who are repaints of one another. What happened to chief chirpa, Romba etc...?

I'd love to see a NEW version of the ewok village (not a rehash of the old one) with a few exclusive ewoks... even just a mother with a basket of woklings. Then an ewok troop builder set with assorted weapons (bows, quivers of arrows, spears, rock rope sling-shots etc.) That would take care of my ewok desires.

El Chuxter
06-08-2004, 03:12 PM
I voted half a dozen right away to make up for the complete lack of them so far, but after that, 3-4 a year sounds good.

I want all the Ewoks from the movie who had more than a second of screen time.

From the Ewok movies, I want figures of all the Marauders, Noa, Charal, the weird creatures, all the new Ewoks, and especially (please raise your hand if you didn't see this coming) TEEEEEEEK!! I could easily live without the Towani family, stars of the show or not.

I also think it'd be cool to do more realistic version of some characters from the Ewoks cartoons, especially Princess Kneesa and a few Duloks.

bigbarada
06-08-2004, 03:13 PM
With the recent release of the Ultra Ewok w/ glider, the discussion soon turned to other Ewok figures and items that have yet to be released in the modern line. Some would argue that Hasbro has only given us a small handful of Ewok toys in the past decade and have yet to cover all the figures from the vintage line, much less expand upon this army of furry little bears from Return of the Jedi; others have suggested that while there should be more Ewoks, only army builder packs of generic figures need apply; yet others still believe that there is little interest in Ewok toys and that more of them would simply oversaturate a tenuous market thus making Ewok toys look bad as they collect dust on shelves.

Some of the items suggested have been:

Ultra Ewok with catapult
Mother Ewok with wokling
Chief Chirpa
Warok (incorrectly rumored to be the recent Saga Ultra Ewok)
Romba
Lumat
Paploo (repair the damage done with the AT-ST set)
generic Ewok army builder pack
Ewok village
Seeing that there are plenty of Ewok items that could be done, how often should new Ewok toys be released into the modern line? Will the spectre of secret Ewok interest keep new toys flowing, or over 20 years later are collectors still not ready for teddy bear action figures?

I voted for 1 or 2 a years, at least until all the items on JT's list are made, then Hasbro can go back to making them once every blue moon, like they do now.

Tycho
06-08-2004, 04:07 PM
I voted 3-4 a year just so I could get what I want done.

I only want 7 more Ewoks that I know of. They are all on JediTricks' list:

Warok
Romba
Lumat
Chief Chirpa
Paploo (Resculpted and not "flying")

To me, it is very important that all the vintage line gets redone, "modernized."

Teebo was an incredible figure, so there you go. It can be good.

The other 2 I want include:

Mother Ewok w. Wokling

Death's Head Ewok - this guy looks like he could take down an Imperial Stormtrooper.

I didnt' see him in the combat scenes in the movie, but when Han is about to become the Ewoks' dinner, and Leia surprises them by also being in the village, one of the Ewoks guarding Princess Leia has a very "horrifying" skull he's wearing on his head. He's a taller Ewok, and likely a foreboding warrior. On Red6 I once found his name. I think the 12" Set with Logray, made an attempt to portray the Death's Head Ewok. But he'd be pretty cool - like "the Dark Side of Endor."

OK - I found it on Red6: It's Keolkeech. He looks like he could kick some butt!

mastermatt24
06-08-2004, 04:40 PM
If I see an ewok I like I buy it. But right now I just fine with my stuffed Wicket from Star Tours's Star Trader. :D

[KOC] Darklighter
06-08-2004, 07:32 PM
think with ewoks is they look sooo very alike so if Hasbro plans on doing more ewoks they better make them VERY diferent with never before seen ewok weapons or stuff so the buy will be worth it!

B'Omarr Monkey
06-09-2004, 12:43 AM
From the Ewok movies, I want figures of all the Marauders, Noa, Charal, the weird creatures, all the new Ewoks, and especially (please raise your hand if you didn't see this coming) TEEEEEEEK!! I could easily live without the Towani family, stars of the show or not.

I also think it'd be cool to do more realistic version of some characters from the Ewoks cartoons, especially Princess Kneesa and a few Duloks.

I'm in complete agreement with you, Chuxter. I'd also like to see the Blurrgs which were those big-headed dinosaur things that were in the second Ewok movie. I wouldn't even mind a set of the family characters, but it's not at the top of my list.

OC47150
06-09-2004, 11:56 AM
I said 1 - 2 a year. There are other characters I'd rather see first than Ewoks but some more Ewoks would be good.

waboritas
06-09-2004, 12:36 PM
I think the line may come to an end after E3 as well, despite the contract running through 2017?. Unfortunate is it? Yes. I think it is a hobby now vs. fun toys when us 30 somethings were kids. I for one hope my kids (when I have them) will take an interest in SW and play with all the "crap" as my fiancee calls it, that is sitting in packages taking up what she call valuable storage space I have bought over the past 7 years, although kids want more in this age of interactive toys and video games. They don't want to play with a Darth Vader action figure they want to control his every move with a joystick on their television. I think the prices are too high for what you get so I would want to see Ewoks released as troop builder 3 packs. Just my 2 cents.

shortcat
06-09-2004, 01:52 PM
I think if I see another ewok or Jar Jar figure I'm going to snap and throttle someone. Lets face it - they were created to market to the little ones, and for the most part their usefulness in the story was dubious at best. Annoying at least. That the ewoks could beat those stormtroopers was always the most ridiculous and silly part of the Original Trilogy. Either that or it was an illustration of how poor the new clones were after Jango Fett was killed.

I should think there would be many characters more worthy of an action figure that still haven't been put on the pegs. Even the rest of the podrace pilots would be a better value.

Jaff
06-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I think that having one or two ewoks every 2 years stinks as this the trend that Hasbro totes now. I would like allot of new ones to catch up but the truth is I would like Hasbro to focus on other figs too.

And here's a question for you folks out there in knowledgeville! If the Ewok that comes with the Glider is not Warok, what is that Ewoks name?

skeeziks22
06-09-2004, 05:11 PM
And here's a question for you folks out there in knowledgeville! If the Ewok that comes with the Glider is not Warok, what is that Ewoks name?

I assume you are talking about the Ultra glider set... the first glider in the Total Galaxy Endor planet thing also had an un-named Ewok (they were the same mold, but different paint jobs though and different articulation?). Either way that makes a total of 6 Ewoks (those two, plus Wicket, Logray, Teebo and Paploo) in 10 years... pretty shotty record especially considering the amount of endor related figures and playsets that Hasbro has made in that same time period.

JediTricks
06-09-2004, 10:26 PM
I only want 7 more Ewoks that I know of. They are all on JediTricks' list... not too surprising considering I took much of that list from your post. :D

To me, it is very important that all the vintage line gets redone, "modernized." Why? You don't even buy all the figures that come out now.

Even the rest of the podrace pilots would be a better value. I was with you right up until you said that. ;) I think the Ewoks and more Podrace pilots have an almost equal amount of disinterest for me, that's why I voted for 1 Ewok toy every few years.

I'm surprised to see how divided this issue currently is. The "3 or more" crowd is slightly in the lead, but only just. I originally theorized that the majority of collectors are still sickened of the Ewoks and wouldn't be able to stomach much more of 'em, looks like I was half wrong. But this poll ain't over yet, so who knows....

Kidhuman
06-10-2004, 12:40 AM
I think if I see another ewok I'm going to snap and throttle someone.

You must have a short temper. Considering in the last 10 years Hasbro has been making them, only 5 Ewoks have been made.

JediTricks
06-10-2004, 08:28 PM
The Ewoks are still a controversial issue in SW circles even after all these years.

Kidhuman
06-11-2004, 09:42 AM
The Ewoks are still a controversial issue in SW circles even after all these years.

It is beyond me too. I figured they would just be accepted. And since the line is "geared towards kids" I would guess more of the cute, Teddy Bear creatures would be released.

Rocketboy
06-11-2004, 12:32 PM
I think if I see another ewok or Jar Jar figure I'm going to snap and throttle someone. Lets face it - they were created to market to the little ones, and for the most part their usefulness in the story was dubious at best. Yes, the Ewoks probably were part marketing to kids, but these are toys we are talking about, which are also marketed to kids (not just collectors).

shortcat
06-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Think about it this way too: only collectors are interested in one of every character that exists. Kids only want the heroes and a villain or two. And average parent's are not likely to buy the average kid every toy they want. In that respect, the ewoks were a mistake; a kid might want Wicket, but after that, how many parents are going to buy their kid a bunch of figures that look basically the same even if the kid wants them? I know I wouldn't. Most kids want Luke, Han, and Darth Vader. Maybe Obi-Wan and Anakin and Darth Maul. They're not really interested in Leia or Padme. They might be interested in some alien they connected with in the story, but they're not going to care about something the camera panned past, even if they happened to see it in the movie. I've watched Episode II I don't know HOW many times, and I'm still seeing aliens I've never seen before. And they keep coming up with characters' names and backstory for people who don't even have a part in the story. To me, that's the most amazing thing about Star Wars: everybody has a story, whether it has anything to do with the story as a whole or not. That's like watching Lethal Weapon and coming up with a backstory for the people in the cars Riggs and Murtaugh pass during the car chase! Its ridiculous and amazing at the same time to think that anyone wants these toys. I have no interest in an action figure of some guy in a car that gets hit by a truck. Why should I want every ewok in the village?
Here's an idea: since the ETs were represented in the Senate, why can't we have an action figure of them in Star Wars packaging?

B'Omarr Monkey
06-11-2004, 01:50 PM
I agree, shortcat, that the EU details for all of these fleetingly glimpsed characters tends to get out of hand. However, the difference between all of these background SW characters and, using your example, the fleetingly glimpsed people in their cars in a Lethal Weapon movie, is that the SW characters are more interesting to look at.

I hated the short story that detailed Greedo's background and ultimate fate, but still think Greedo is a great looking alien, and the EU story does not diminish my non-officail interpretation of him. As a kid who collected an played with the vintage line, I was allowed to give the characters any sort of backgrounds and names that I chose, even the principals often got played with as characters other than their film roles.

My kids tend to play with them the same way. They don't care what Djas Puhr's name is, or even Boba Fett, they play with them however they want, because they like the look of them.

I appreciate that you don't care about the fleetingly glimpsed character, a trait you share with many others. That's great for you. You'll get to save a lot more money than completists like myself who want as many different characters as Hasbro will give us.

The thing that's attracted me to SW more than anything else is the look of the movies, including the characters. This factor gets me past the short comings in story and character in the PT films, and in the end I am collecting the toys more for the look than for the depth of the characters portrayed. If action figures were made based on the depth and personalities of the characters there would be lines of toys based on movies like "The 400 Blows" instead of movies like SW.

shortcat
06-11-2004, 01:56 PM
At least the podrace pilots would all represent TOTALLY DIFFERENT races, and be completely new sculpts. It is totally unfeasible for a toy company to spend the money necessary to sculpt, mold, and produce twenty different ewoks, unless they do it as a "troop builder" sort of thing, where they make two or three different ones and mold each of them in a few different colors.
Of course, that's the same reason the podrace pilots won't get made - nobody really cares.
Its all academic anyway. The only new Star Wars toys I'm interested in at this point are the new Playskool line. And I'm reserving judgment on Episode III stuff till I see it.

Tycho
06-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Why do I want all the vintage line redone when I don't buy everything produced now?

I can use everything from the vintage line in my dioramas - it's mostly background characters like Ewoks, the Imp Dignitary (correct one), pilots and the Hoth Rebel Soldier.

I have no need for another Luke or Vader. They'd have to be extremely cool or different to get me to buy them now.

As to the reference to LETHAL WEAPON'S background extras.

First, Lethal Weapon isn't a large cult-following phenomenon. Starsky and Hutch, the TV Series "Hunter," Bad Boys, Die Hard - it's almost all the same thing. Cops against super-villains in an every-day society.

Star Wars takes place in a very original universe that was almost the first of its kind (except for Star Trek and a few others) but it debuted at the highest production quality to really take you to new worlds.

Action figures from Die Hard would be cool - Bruce and all the German terrorists - that's about all you might need.

Extras would be very boring:

Dude in business suit (Japanese) comes with computer - character might type something

Girl as secretary - she works as a secretary

TV news reporter - he has a camera and a microphone - slightly more interesting - but you can see them on the evening broadcast every night in all kinds of varieties.

Now Star Wars background extras:

Amanaman - Amanin head hunter. Creature is a lethal hunting-clan member who rolls and thrusts with a spear impaling victims in close quarters, then mounts their skulls on his ceremonial trophy staff. - You can get that from the movie, never mind the EU. (unless he's a wimp who still happens to be a skull collector - but even skull collectors are more rare than Japansese businessmen and secretaries that are passed by in car chase scenes in cop-thrillers).

Even Danni Faytooni - basic human in Republic officer uniform. Probably goes to work everyday checking security measures to protect the senate - looking to make sure view cameras and weapons check points are all covered. However, the backstory on Faytooni was he was a con man - not a real officer. He used the vast-authority of the Republic to help him in his scams. Now even if he was just a security guard, he adds to the scene to protect all the unique alien senator sculpts we could get to display a wide variety of sculpting art of things that look very different from businessmen and secretaries (demand for Sei Teria's action figure aside - since it completes the scene with Vallorum and Mas Ameeda).

But all this is better than waiting for the ultimate resculpt in a hobby a lot of us are continuing to enjoy.

shortcat
06-11-2004, 02:56 PM
It is the constant re-sculpts and remakes of characters we already have that made me stop collecting the 3 3/4 line in the first place. I'm sure I will buy many of the new ones when they come out next year. I'm just at critical mass when it comes to repeats like that. The fact remains that Hasbro is more likely to sell a Darth Vader or Luke, or Han than some background character that most kids don't even remember.

Of course I was being facetious when I remarked about Lethal Weapon, but you get the idea. I agree that the background characters in Star Wars are far more interesting. I think that goes without saying. But as was mentioned earlier, only the collectors care about seeing those immortalized in plastic, so it amounts to "are there enough people who want this character to make it worth selling?" In many cases that answer is "no."

The reason I've bought as many Star Wars figures as I have to this point is exactly what you mentioned. They're very different. That's why I don't understand the fuss. Ewoks aren't all that different from each other. When you've got lots of little furry things that, aside from color and headpieces, are virtually the same, why do we need Hasbro to make each of them? Why not just buy multiples of the few that they do make, if we want them, and just customize them? Its the same with the stormtroopers and the clone troopers. Each one is identical, with the exception of a few differences between troopers and pilots, etc. If they would make one of each that is super-poseable (like Takara's new Microman line), and make them in large enough quantities, we would never need another one. The simple fact is that there aren't enough people who want the lesser ewoks for Hasbro to invest the sort of money needed to get them to retail, where they would likely end up as peg-warmers anyway.

Tycho
06-11-2004, 03:08 PM
No Ewoks ever pegwarmed to this day though.

Girls might even buy them because they're cute, and make a little collection out of only Ewoks if they wanted to (like Hallmark miniatures a past girlfriend of mine collected - or BeanieBabies too). Kids might still dig Ewoks as they did back in the day.

The appeal to me is that with the different issues comes different headpieces and other accessories, that can let me customize a reasonable variety into an even greater variety, so that I can have 30-40 different Ewoks in my Battle of Endor Diorama (which mind you, has 2 Ewok Village playsets from the 80's to fill up).

The sculpts like Teebo, are coming out unique enough and different enough for now - so let's let Hasbro go through the fur-color-spectrum, and then decide if enough is enough.

Like I said, 7 more would do me to being adequate enough. Maybe 2 per year would be fine, but 3-packs could work just as well (then card Chief Chirpa, Paploo, or the momma-with-wokling).

shortcat
06-11-2004, 03:21 PM
I have some ewoks buried in my collection that you can buy off me if you want them. I'll have to dig 'em out of storage to tell you which ones I have, though. I haven't even looked at them in a while.

skeeziks22
06-11-2004, 03:41 PM

Teebo sat for quite a while up here. I think the reason was that we first saw an ewok 2-pack, and now we only get one... where's the value in that? What I don't understand is why not release DIFFERENT ewoks each time Hasbor plans to card an ewok? We have wicket on three different cards (including OTC and Leia 2 pack) now. That right there could have been two more unique ewoks added to the fray. If hasbro has concerns about interest in a certain type of figure repacking that figure doesn't help. That's why they have done so many resculpts of the core characters. How many vaders do we really need? But when a new sculpt comes out I'm much more likely to buy that than a re-packed version of an old sculpt. Why not follow that logic with ewoks, etc.?

B'Omarr Monkey
06-11-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm in agreement about too many Wicket recards. The OTC recard makes a lot of sense, based on who Hasbro feels these will appeal to (though he's very little plastic for $4.99. Including him in the Endor boxed set makes less sense, particularly as this set will be in stores at the same time as the carded OTC set. I'm not complaining. I'd hate to be swayed into spending $20 for one new ewok, even if that's what we should have been given instead.

I also agree completely with Tycho about the headgear and accesories adding to the uniqueness of the figures. They also have different faces, and aren't all made from the same mold. Teebo has a very different face construction from, say, Paploo. Just giving us repaints would be like painting Han's hair a sandy color and calling him Luke. They are not the same figures at all.

skeeziks22
06-11-2004, 06:03 PM
Just giving us repaints would be like painting Han's hair a sandy color and calling him Luke. They are not the same figures at all.

I agree that they are different enough that using the same mold would be very obvious. However, they got away with it with the Endor Rebel and Imperial officer just by swapping out one head for another (and Tantive IV just by a new hair color). It would be just as easy to swap out arms from one mold to the body of another and giving the whole thing a new head and a new paint job. Besides new heads just adding unique cowls and weapons would be good enough.

so wicket is going to be in the ROTJ DVD pack as well? I guess I didn't look at them that closely... that makes him available four different ways, and twice during the same period. That's pretty dumb.

jeffonthego
06-12-2004, 01:52 AM
It's hard not to like a nice Ewok, but they're just so gosh darn hairy. And when all that fur gets wet, man so stinky. How about a nice shaved Ewok? Or maybe just with a little mohawk on top . . .

;)

JediTricks
06-12-2004, 03:39 AM
It is beyond me too. I figured they would just be accepted. And since the line is "geared towards kids" I would guess more of the cute, Teddy Bear creatures would be released.It's a little ironic that you mention the kiddie set, I was 7 years old when ROTJ came out and thought it was the bee's knees, I defended it (which I later retracted as I viewed the series together) to pretty much everybody. However, while all the adults I knew were going ape over the Ewoks and their merchandising, no matter how much I loved ROTJ they were one aspect I really and truly didn't care for. I was a pre-teen boy, why would I want cute toys when I could have action figures with lightsabers and removable disguises (Lando Skiff and Leia Boushh were very sought-after by myself as a lad)? And besides, I was mostly into core characters, which the Ewoks most certainly were not. As an adult (in age only ;)) I've come to accept the Ewoks to a certain degree, I gave the recent Glider set a high grade because it's a cool toy and the figure isn't trying to be cute, he's even a little menacing for an Ewok. I guess like Jar Jar with the Gungans, Wicket's childish antics and over-pandering drove me away from him AND his ilk even though the other Gungans and Ewoks aren't as annoying and sometimes even interesting and even a little fierce.

No Ewoks ever pegwarmed to this day though. They did here, that's how I was able to get a few extra sets on mega-clearance. The Leia/Wicket set was a mega-shelf-bogger but that set was kinda doomed from the beginning anyway. Teebo once that case finally hit its stride definitely collected a little dust for a while.

Girls might even buy them because they're cute, and make a little collection out of only Ewoks if they wanted to I don't know a single female collector who fits in with this category, most girls aren't so shallow that they'd go for this, and the ones that ARE that shallow almost certainly wouldn't be interested in SW at all.

so wicket is going to be in the ROTJ DVD pack as well? I guess I didn't look at them that closely... that makes him available four different ways, and twice during the same period. That's pretty dumb.Not the DVD pack, the next TRU multipack with Logray, POTF2 Endor Han, Saga Endor Trooper, and the POTF2 Speederbike w/ Scout rider.

jeffonthego
06-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tycho

They did here, that's how I was able to get a few extra sets on mega-clearance. Teebo once that case finally hit its stride definitely collected a little dust for a while.

Yep, have to concur on that. Not only was Teebo a pegwarmer here, he was a marathon pegwarmer lasting a solid year (TRU barely discounts here).

Hellboy
06-13-2004, 01:03 PM
I voted "at least half a dozen new items right away." Mostly because I think if they did that they could just release a couple of new Endor multi-packs and be done with it. Troop-Builder sets would be nice too if Hasbro ever decides to do those again. The Ewoks aren't as universally popular as most of the other aliens and have been sorely neglected since the line started up again in '95 so I'd rather just get them in bundles or all at once.

skeeziks22
06-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Not the DVD pack, the next TRU multipack with Logray, POTF2 Endor Han, Saga Endor Trooper, and the POTF2 Speederbike w/ Scout rider.

How about a poll on these things (TRU multi-packs)... or have I missed that one already? Like the silver figures the idea was interesting at first, and they were even done well at first... but now they're not interesting and the packs straight up bite. Again, one more chance to give us a few new ewoks by doing nothing more than swapping out arms/heads and giving them new paint jobs. Hasbro doesn't need to make a single new mold to make "all new" figures, yet they won't even do that.

Slicker
06-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Never. They should stop wasting useful plastic on Ewok figures and use it to make more plastic Toys "R" Us bags so I can carry home the action figures that are actually cool. I can't believe I wasted my first post talking about Ewoks.

stillakid
06-16-2004, 05:18 PM
I voted for them to all come out at once. Ewoks are no good alone. Their natural state of being is in a pack (or is it a gaggle, a fold, a harem, a pride, or a litter?) Hasbro ought to just sculpt and release the lot of 'em so that A) kids have instant playability with the Ewok concept and B) so that the standard confusion over which Ewoks have been released or not is relieved. Of course the best of all worlds would be to have a Bucket 'O Ewoks, but the next best thing is to have an Ewok Dump on the collecting world and get it over with.

skeeziks22
06-17-2004, 12:01 PM
Of course the best of all worlds would be to have a Bucket 'O Ewoks.

Would you prefer your's Bar-B-Qued, or Kentucky Fried?

stillakid
06-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Would you prefer your's Bar-B-Qued, or Kentucky Fried?

Original Recipe. With a side of mashed potatoes. Oh, and the biscuit. Gotta have the biscuit.

Kidhuman
06-17-2004, 11:26 PM
Making an Ewok sandwich?

Darth Alex
06-27-2004, 02:07 PM
I voted for them to all come out at once. Ewoks are no good alone. Their natural state of being is in a pack (or is it a gaggle, a fold, a harem, a pride, or a litter?) Hasbro ought to just sculpt and release the lot of 'em so that A) kids have instant playability with the Ewok concept and B) so that the standard confusion over which Ewoks have been released or not is relieved. Of course the best of all worlds would be to have a Bucket 'O Ewoks, but the next best thing is to have an Ewok Dump on the collecting world and get it over with.
I'd like to see Hasbro put them all out at once, as well. Make the remaining unmade Ewoks from the Original Line, make the village and re-issue the Endor Bunker for some scene-making, make a couple of Ultra line Ewoks with catapults and such, and call it a day. Maybe finish off with something like the Bucket concept-release a multi-pack of Ewok warriors, suitably generic for army builders, and THEN call it an Ewok Day...

OC47150
06-28-2004, 08:20 AM
A re-release of the village would be cool. Still, the vintage version is easy to track down and reasonable (loose, of course).

Kidhuman
06-28-2004, 09:25 AM
I took me well over a year to find the Village for a decent price on Ebay. I would still like a modern version of it.

2-1B
07-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Never. They should stop wasting useful plastic on Ewok figures and use it to make more plastic Toys "R" Us bags so I can carry home the action figures that are actually cool. I can't believe I wasted my first post talking about Ewoks.

Whatever, n00b. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
07-27-2006, 04:01 PM
He's going back, back, waaaay back, and... it's outta here!

Slicker
07-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Whatever, n00b. :rolleyes:Stop jockin me, okay?! It was my first post. How the hell was I to know that I'd grow into the most awesomest SSG member EVER?!?!

El Chuxter
07-27-2006, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't go that far. jjreason is the most awesomest SSG member EVER. Everyone knows that. You'll have to settle for second.

mastermatt24
07-27-2006, 05:09 PM
I dun know.. slick is pretty cool..

Jargo
08-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Nah, slicker eats babies. Well they look like potatoes really....

I say - coming at this so late - Redo Logray and Wicket in a less cartoony style, redo Paploo with a proper head not that pin head and flapping head gear. New Romba, despatch Warok and Ajax... I mean Lumat :D Nikki coz she's another small ewok and would work in a 2-pack with sumfink else. Archer Ewok, Rock hurling ewok, Tarzan-esque Ewok on a vine rope, couple of Ewoks with R2 tied to a pole. kinda deluxe with that one. Can't tell the difference bewteen maleand female ewoks so shove a basket of wokling or a couple of loose woklings in as accessories with any other Ewok as long as one of the Ewoks can hold a wokling does the basket crib matter?

I personally can't see a reson for having a village. Personally a tree trunk with a hut and platform big enough to hold some of the Ewoks would do for me. If an ewok came with a vine rope you can hang off the platform there's your access. the platform doesn't even need to be elevated. make it the base and the trunk coming out of the that. Representative rather than literal depiction.
of course releasing the ewok glider again with a different Ewok, even a main Ewok would be perfectly fine for me.
and if there was an army builder set, surely mixing and matching parts and only doing new head gear on the figures with new accessories, that'd work.
An Ewok every third wave you'd soon have em all. And the clonetrooper deluge can't continue forever. Same with Vader. I stopped buying Vader figures after the Commtech one. How many can a person have before they all turn into a sea of black?

Enough variation in the Ewoks though. Ewoks come in all colours. and 2-packs, well that always seems like more fun than single packed.

of course, I don't expect people to agree with me. I just look at my collection and see unfinished areas. And I'll always buy alien figures before I buy the humans or semi humans. besides I like the idea of planting my ewoks in potted plants round my living room. mini garden gnome style. :)

Slicker
08-01-2006, 06:54 PM
I dun know.. slick is pretty cool..Thank you Matt!!

At least SOMEONE realizes my greatness.

mastermatt24
08-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Of course! :p

I think someones pants are a little to tight if ya know what I mean! ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
08-03-2006, 12:03 AM
I voted for them to all come out at once. Ewoks are no good alone. Their natural state of being is in a pack (or is it a gaggle, a fold, a harem, a pride, or a litter?) I think the correct term might be a cuddle of Ewoks.
:D

Jargo
08-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Or a pelt of Ewoks. i bet you could make some excellent Ugboots from Ewok fur.

Kidhuman
08-04-2006, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't go that far. jjreason is the most awesomest SSG member EVER. Everyone knows that. You'll have to settle for second.

Ummmm, according to Bobafretts sig, its me who is the greatest ever, so stuff that in your pipe

El Chuxter
08-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Greatest is not most awesomest.

Bun is not meat nor cheese.

Word.

mastermatt24
08-06-2006, 04:23 AM
Or a pelt of Ewoks. i bet you could make some excellent Ugboots from Ewok fur.
Im sure you could make some new underpants! lol

2-1B
02-26-2008, 12:44 AM

stoopid n00b. Woklings pwn they r the best LOL

Jargo
02-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Tokaly pWnEd u n00bLolz

Slicker
01-14-2009, 05:05 AM
Never. They should stop wasting useful plastic on Ewok figures and use it to make more plastic Toys "R" Us bags so I can carry home the action figures that are actually cool. I can't believe I wasted my first post talking about Ewoks.You're so stupid.

Jargo
01-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Like DUHHHHHHH!!!