06-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Sounds like its going to be a repacked Emperor

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1086704070,17377,

Kidhuman
06-08-2004, 11:25 AM
No biggie then.

dindae
06-08-2004, 01:46 PM
That a pretty lame exclusive. The only thing that will make it worth buying is if they fix the afro-hood.

Kidhuman
06-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Which they wont. It will be in OTC packaging, which makes me want it.

evenflow
06-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Waste of money.

Val Da Car
06-09-2004, 12:35 PM
I would rather get the DVD gift pack (WM exclusive) than the stand alone figure

Kidhuman
06-09-2004, 12:39 PM
AGreed, but if I come across it, I will get it if the price is low. I just love those card backs.

JEDIpartner
06-10-2004, 08:45 AM
If it's a VOTC Emperor... fine.

evenflow
06-11-2004, 06:49 PM
If it is part of the vintage line it measn that it will be a new sculpt, so then I am down with that.

OCB
06-11-2004, 09:22 PM
GH had a post today that it may be a Holo Emperor...which just confuses the matter even more

Darth Alex
06-11-2004, 11:31 PM
That a pretty lame exclusive. The only thing that will make it worth buying is if they fix the afro-hood.I think there are three versions of the Emperor I'd like to still see. If one of them ends up being the exclusive, so be it.
First, we need a VOTC-style Emperor with Throne Room Chair. One that has cloth in the mix and can both sit down & stand up and look great. Fixing the hood is probably the main priority in the Hasbro Sculpting Department right now; I'd hide my name if I worked on the afro-hood version. To see it show up again in the Wally World DVD 3pk is just sad. If it has to be made Ultra style, fine, but again at this point I think a lot of people would like to see a VOTC Emperor with Chair.
Second, a re-done VOTC Emperor with lightning should be done. Good articulation, correctly colored lightning, a balanced stance, in other words a 2004 VOTC update of the flashback figure. The face should have the proper angry, menacing expression.
Third, a good holographic Emperor with a good likeness should be done, ala OTC Holo Ben.
It's probably too much to ask for the exclusive to be an ULTIMATE EMPEROR with interchangeable heads(smug smile, angry) and hands(for cane, for lightning) to be put in a pack with the throne, the cane, and the lightning along with a great sculpt in the VOTC style. That would be a great exclusive-super articulation, cloth robe, real black color with shiny cape clamp, deep black cane, etc...
So how about it...what would everyone like to really see as the exclusive?
An Ultimate Palpatine?

darthzirock
06-11-2004, 11:32 PM
No, this isn't going to be a Vintage OTC figure. It's the Saga 2003 Emperor, recarded on an OTC card. There is a slight chance it could be a Holo Emperor, as Hasbro could still re-use the Saga Emperor mold to make it. Since the Wal-Mart DVD boxed set for ROTJ includes an Emperor, too, the OTC Holo Emperor would even make sense as a StarWarsShop.com exclusive. However, "making sense" doesn't always seem to be what happens in the world of SW action figures ... so, it could still be just a "plain" Emperor, recarded, at SWS. Too bad they aren't doing a Vintage-style Emperor! If they did it the way the Saga one should have been done, it'd rock!

Kidhuman
06-12-2004, 08:23 AM
I would be so irked if it was a Holo Emperor. That means many of us would have to pay 55 bucks for the figure. 40 for the Fan club,10 bucks for the figure, and 5 to ship it. What a load of crap this would be IMO. God forbid the Ebay price.

Kidhuman
06-12-2004, 09:21 AM
SOrry for back to back posts,but found this over at GH. CLick the :beard:

:beard: (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2932&zoneid=2)

dindae
06-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Call me a sucker but I just joined the fan club. But my loss will be your gain. Once they annouce how many, how much and what exactly they are. I will pimp out the my membership to my fellow forumites via trades/cost plus shipping. Don't flood me yet though for I have no details.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Oh, I guess I need to join the new one anyway. But, the only way this figure would work is if it is a huge honkin' Emperor head, not a 3 3/4" figure. So hopefully they'll get it right, as this is an exclusive, after all, so they might be able to go crazy. That Jawa set also has potential.

Beast
06-12-2004, 02:29 PM
It will probably just be a re-card of the E1 Holo Darth Sidious figure. Just molded in the new holographic colors like they used on the Holo Luke: Jedi figure. I can see that, and think it would be fairly cool. If it's just the E1 Holo Sidious as a straight recard, even better. No need for me to join the club to get it then. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Simdog
06-12-2004, 06:09 PM
It will probably just be a re-card of the E1 Holo Darth Sidious figure. Just molded in the new holographic colors like they used on the Holo Luke: Jedi figure. I can see that, and think it would be fairly cool. If it's just the E1 Holo Sidious as a straight recard, even better. No need for me to join the club to get it then. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I don't think Hasbro will change a thing. I believe it will be a straight up Re-pack of Ep.1 Holo Sidious, labeled Emperor Palpatine of course.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Call me a sucker but I just joined the fan club. But my loss will be your gain. Once they annouce how many, how much and what exactly they are. I will pimp out the my membership to my fellow forumites via trades/cost plus shipping. Don't flood me yet though for I have no details.

You can count on me to take advantage of you when the time comes. Since I never saw the Saga Emperor, whatever they offer will probably be something I need.

BlueSnags
06-13-2004, 11:45 AM
I hope they recard the EP1 Holo Sidious. Missed that figure the first time around and I don't feel like paying the scalper prices to get it!

Hellboy
06-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Well if it's on an OTC card I'll buy one for my carded collection but I don't plan on getting an opener. The Saga Emperor was awful and I already have the EP1 Holo Sidious carded and loose.

TheDarthVader
06-15-2004, 06:23 PM
I hope this is a new figure. I already have ep1 holo sidious. I have been a fan club member for a while so I don't mind paying the extra $$$ to renew mym subscription. At least I will get to order exclusive figures. Yay! :D

Kidhuman
06-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Me will need a member to getr me one if need be? ANy volunteers? PLenty of references in sig line fo ya. :beard:

Reefer Shark
06-15-2004, 08:35 PM
The whole thing stinks. :frus:

$40 is totally unreasonable for the fan club, there's no way I could justify paying that much to join. So count me out on this one I guess..... bummer.

DarthQuack
06-15-2004, 09:15 PM
I'll probably sign up soon myself only because I get an extra paycheck in July so it won't be too much of a burden on me.

Q

evenflow
06-16-2004, 09:09 AM
I have to renew my membership i guess, so let me get this straight. I have to re-subscribe online for hyperspace and I still get the Insider?

dindae
06-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Yup if you had extra magazines left on your subscription they will give them to you after the new subscription runs out.

evenflow
06-17-2004, 09:02 AM
That kind of sucks, the whole I have to get hyperspace thing.

Kidhuman
06-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Lucas backed all of us into a corner. I want to be spoiler free, so I get screwed by having to get hyperspace toget these exclusives. It is completely unfair, plus now, if we want these figures 40 bucks for the member ship plus the price of the figure and shipping. Think I will take my chances on Ebay and come out ahead in this deal. Or if a member can hook a brothre up

Agent23
06-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Two Questions:

1. Do you we know what the exclusive is yet?

2. How do I get a membership to hyperspace, I don't even know the mainsites link.

Thanks.

Kidhuman
06-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Go to www.starwars.com that is the main link. The Exclusive is an Emperor figure, the biker scout from battlefront and a christmas edition.

Agent23
06-21-2004, 07:39 AM
0k thanks. Is it an OTC or Vintage style Emperor?

Kidhuman
06-21-2004, 08:54 AM
That answer is unknown at the present time.

Agent23
06-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Any idea on when to expect any kinda announcement?

Thanks.

jjreason
06-23-2004, 02:17 PM
I'm not joining anything until we see exactly what the figure is. Too much speculation here, and not enough proof of anything. The only figures that would be worth getting in my opinion would be a VOTC Emperor (completely new from top to bottom) or at the very least a new Holo Emperor, made in the style of the Saga Emperor but in the plastics of Holo Luke from this year. Toss that on an OTC card, and you can sign me up. If it's a straight recard of any Emperor figure, they can keep it.