PDA

View Full Version : Any one else hate their job?

evenflow
06-09-2004, 11:47 AM
I am sitting here at work miserable. I can't wait to get out of here. I wish they would fire me. I had been looking for a year and finally found this and wish I never found it. I am so glad that I just got accepted into Graduate School. I can't wait to be done with this place. DAMN CBS!

sith_killer_99
06-09-2004, 12:19 PM
I love my job. It's the toughest job I'll ever love.

I just hate most of the people I work with. ;)

JON9000
06-09-2004, 03:01 PM
But CBS looked so fun in "The Insider"

So much drama!

Bosskman
06-09-2004, 07:05 PM
I have 2 jobs. I like them both. Sure there are bad things about them but I'm lucky to have what I got when a lot of people don't have squat.

Rocketboy
06-09-2004, 07:09 PM
I don't hate my job...I loathe it.
Day in and day out it's moron after moron after moron.

Buuuuuut you don't often find a part time job that pay over $7.50/hour and works with your college schedule.

Darth Jax
06-09-2004, 08:35 PM
sorry evenflow. gotta stay with the rest of the crowd. i typically love my job. sure it has it's moments, but overall it's great. and the pay ain't all that bad which in itself is nice.

dr_evazan22
06-09-2004, 09:04 PM
My pay and bene's are good / great, but the work sucks. Some of the co workers are morons.

Sidiously Darth
06-09-2004, 09:07 PM
I don't hate my job but there are certain aspects & people associated with ith that I don't really care for. It's especially disturbing to find out that the sales management team (whoever that is) made enough money from running political ads to go out and buy beach front condos. Then my boss, who may be part of that team, only gives out 3% raises to my fellow workers.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-09-2004, 10:15 PM
I work freelance and love my job, but hate being dependant on other, salaried individuals, to get around to giving me the go ahead to start any number of projects.

I had a job when I was going to college that still gives me literal nightmares to this day, almost fifteen years later.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Eh, jobs are jobs. 95% of the time people will hate them, but life requires that one pays bills and whatnot, so we have no choice but to suck it up and do it, ya know? My job at school was being a dishwasher. The pay was crap at 5.60 an hour, but i made lots of good friends and had a blast. I also work for Pepsi (am on leave right now) and got paid over $10.00 an hour. The work was rather tough at times and the hours were nuts (5 am to ????), but i like interacting with people and getting to know folks in various towns. Whenever the day is long, i just imagine the paycheck and what toys i can pick up with it. That always helps. :D

Exhaust Port
06-09-2004, 11:02 PM
I like my job but I'd never say that I loved it. I love my days off not working on someone elses schedule. Anyone who truly loves their job has no life.

I don't think I've ever really hated a job. I've been fortunate enough to work with great people over the years that have made even the most boring job a blast. If I found myself working a solitary job that didn't allow me to share my day with fellow co-workers then I'm sure I would come to hate my job. Heck, I had a great time picking up filthy garbage for 2 summers because of the people I worked with. Without them I wouldn't have lasted very long. You can only pick up so many diapers that have exploded from soaking up rain water.

Hellboy
06-12-2004, 05:01 PM
I like my job but I wouldn't go as far as saying I love it.

Things I like about my job:
-Good hours, I generally work from 6 am-2 pm M-F.
-I'm my own boss for the most part, as long as the job gets done its pretty much up to me how my day plays out.
-Due to my early start time I can usually hit any # of stores at opening in search of the latest toys. :D
-For the most part I'm mobile. I have several accounts that I drive to in any given day and that keeps me from being couped up in an office somewhere watching the clock all day. :zzz:

Things I don't like about my job:
-Some of the people that work in the accounts I service are miserable people and real jerks.
-Seeing as how I'm a vendor I frequently run into situations where people who I provide my service to think they're my boss.
-Although the pay isn't bad it only provides me with a middle-class income.
-Even though I'm paid a tax free car allowance the constant repairs/maintenance and high gas prices get old.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Hellboy- Damn, you're a vendor! that's crazy cos i've been a Pepsi Merchandiser for roughly about 4 years now. Granted, i'm not really "my own boss" but as long as I hit the stores i'm told to and stock, nobody really cares what I do. I can totally relate to managers and whatnot giving me a hard time. I especially love it when i get the age old:
"Where have you been?"
"Um, another store."
"And is that store more important than ours?"
"Seeing as they sell 4 times more product, yes, yes it is"

Oh, managers, how they make me giggle! :D

Hellboy
06-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Thats funny Guyute, after reading your earlier post I had a feeling you were a merchandiser. Thats my job too but I work for a small local wine distributor. I used to work for the largest beer/wine/natural beverage distribution company in my state when I was younger so I'm very familiar with the work you're are doing and I feel for ya dude. I talk with several of the Pepsi merchandisers in my area throughout my day and you guys have a tuff job, much more is expected of you than me. My job is for the most part the same as yours only I spend less time in each account, have less responsibilities but have probably twice as many accounts to service.

Some of the people that work in these stores are misreable people. I've got no problem putting a store manager in their place though and luckily for me, unlike you guys at Pepsi, I usually manage to fly under the radar for the most part. I hear comments like this on a daily basis: Insert random manager or receiving clerk's name ______ "Hey, you Pepsi guy, did you fill that cold box and go through the backstock?" :rolleyes:

Seems this is just one more thing we have in common my friend. Now I'm really starting to wonder if we were seperated at birth. ;)

Tonysmo
06-13-2004, 04:42 AM
I work 10 hrs a day 4 days a week. 10 pm to 8am.. Im paid to wait for stuff to break. no traffic. no managment.. no meetings.. just internet access at my fingertips. the phone hardley rings.. yeah, I think I like my job. Id be bummin like a mo'fo without it.

dr_evazan22
06-13-2004, 01:04 PM
About 5 years ago, when I still lived in PA, I had an EMT certificate which I got to run ambulance with my fire co. So anyway, I wanted to hone my skills, as I was going to about 1 call every 2 days on average. So I got a job with the medic unit that serviced our area. I was hoping to get, like, 5 - 8 calls a day. No. The most I had in one day was 3, but most days it was 1. This was PT by the way. My FT job was in the retail and service sector, where productivity was very important. Then I get a job where I'm sitting on my ash for 8 hours. Hated it. Until I got that 1 call and rode lights and siren.

Dr Zoltar
06-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Well my current job I have I like -- I'm a software tester so I get paid to break things and annoy developers. The pay is good (at least for the industry I'm in), the hours are fine, and recently I've been allowed to work from home 2 days a week. The only down side is the constant worry that my job could be outsourced to India at any time and I'd be unemployed. I lead a team of 3 other people, and I'm currently the only US resident.

The worst job I ever had was a psych tech. I never want to do that again.

TeeEye7
06-14-2004, 06:39 AM
I like my job and the majority of the people I work with.

My clientele hates me, though: most of them end up in prison! :D

sith_killer_99
06-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Anyone who truly loves their job has no life.

I disagree, I love my job, and I have a wonderful life. I am happily married and have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. I find purpose and fulfilment in my career. I plan to retire at age 39 and start my second career. :D