PDA

View Full Version : Death Star Conference Room

aceguide
06-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Last night I was looking at the Geonisan War Room as well as the first two parts of the expanding Jedi Council scene and thought that the Death Star Conference Room would be an incredible addition to the OTC line. One or two figs with a piece of the table and their chairs (especially Tarkin) would make for two to four really nice sets. They could do a Darth Vader single pack much like the Wat Tambor from the Geonisan scene.

Wondering if anyone else would be interested in a set like this?

dindae
06-10-2004, 08:29 AM
This is definately something I want to see. It should include Tagge, Wulf, and Tarkin. Then you could add vader, motti and whoever esle to flush it out.

Kidhuman
06-10-2004, 09:49 AM
I would be interested in this piece as well.

lucidebass
06-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Oh yeah...count me in. I would love to see this :D

keithfite
06-10-2004, 12:27 PM
thats a great idea. that would be one of the coolest sets there has been. I would buy it without question. count me in too

B'Omarr Monkey
06-10-2004, 06:02 PM
I'm all for it as well. It should be three figures to a set. Seeing Tarkin, or Motti again would be acceptable, but please, not Darth Vader. I'd much rather get four figures we haven't seen yet, such as Tagge, Wulf and other Imperial officers, even if they aren't the ones specifically from this scene. Throw in a plate of fingerfood for the officers and you're all set.

mtriv73
06-11-2004, 04:56 PM
That's one of the best ideas I've read in a while. I'd buy it in a second.

El Chuxter
06-11-2004, 05:00 PM
This would rock! A more neutral Motti would be a nice addition if it's another two-piece.

vadersvette
06-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Excellent idea....it's been on my list forever. If Re-Hashbro decides to do it, I hope that we get a new sculpt Tarkin. Motti could be the POTF2 one with articulated knees.

Sidiously Darth
06-13-2004, 01:41 PM
This is a set long over due. It's a shame that Hasbro doesn't employee people with the insight and outward thinking of actual collectors & fans.

Hellboy
06-13-2004, 03:08 PM
I'd buy it too. I'm actually surprised Hasbro didn't give us any cinema scene type multi-pack for the OTC line.

DarthBrandon
06-13-2004, 03:40 PM
I'd buy it too. I'm actually surprised Hasbro didn't give us any cinema scene type multi-pack for the OTC line.

Yeah, like they could have thought that one up on their own. Most of the ideas come from collectors like us who post our thoughts & ideas on these boards. All Hasbro does is read them & use them if they like them, at least that's what I think goes on. :D

Kidhuman
06-14-2004, 07:22 AM
If that was the case Brandon, I think we would have a Yarna by now. :beard:

Sidiously Darth
06-14-2004, 11:03 AM
I may have to disagree with KH on this one. Yarna is not being made b/c you specificly want it so bad. Hasbro has a corporate memo stating that no Yarna figure will be made b/c of Kidhuman and his unabated desire to have one. lol :p :D

BlueSnags
06-14-2004, 03:34 PM
I'd love to see more stuff like this...more cinema scenes from the original trilogy. The last one they did (Trash Compactor) sold out so fast I never even saw it.

dindae
06-14-2004, 06:02 PM
The only problem with a lot of scene packs is while concentrating on the set Hasbro tends to make a crappy figure.

Hellboy
06-14-2004, 06:36 PM
The only problem with a lot of scene packs is while concentrating on the set Hasbro tends to make a crappy figure.

Well, personally I wouldn't got that far.

Sure some of the figures in the Cinema Scenes over the years haven't been that great, Uncle Owen, Dr Evazan and Cantina Showdown Obi-Wan come to mind, but for the most part I think they were pretty good. The Darth Vader from the Final Jedi Duel CS was good enough to be used as the vac-metalized Toy Fair Vader. I think the Skiff Guards and The Rebel Pilots were as good if not better than a lot of the stuff being released individually at the time. All of the figures from the War Room and Jedi Council sets were still better than the first couple waves of EPII stuff.

Overall I'd say the Cinema Scene figures have been above average. I think its also nice that the new scenes still have 3 figures but now include a display piece for the same price.

sith_killer_99
06-14-2004, 07:12 PM
add vader, motti and whoever esle to flush it out.

Flush it out? Ewwww

Are you trying to say Hasbro puts out crap?

Hehehe, jk. I would love to see Hasbro do some sets for a Death Star Conferance Room. It would give us a chance to get Motti again. :D

Kidhuman
06-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Flush it out? Ewwww

Are you trying to say Hasbro puts out crap?

Hehehe, jk. I would love to see Hasbro do some sets for a Death Star Conferance Room. It would give us a chance to get Motti again. :D

Sometimes. :beard:

B'Omarr Monkey
06-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Well, personally I wouldn't got that far.

Sure some of the figures in the Cinema Scenes over the years haven't been that great, Uncle Owen, Dr Evazan and Cantina Showdown Obi-Wan come to mind, but for the most part I think they were pretty good. The Darth Vader from the Final Jedi Duel CS was good enough to be used as the vac-metalized Toy Fair Vader. I think the Skiff Guards and The Rebel Pilots were as good if not better than a lot of the stuff being released individually at the time. All of the figures from the War Room and Jedi Council sets were still better than the first couple waves of EPII stuff.

Overall I'd say the Cinema Scene figures have been above average. I think its also nice that the new scenes still have 3 figures but now include a display piece for the same price.

I agree. This is why I lamented the cancellation of the Cinema Scenes before we got the pit droids, and why I welcomed thm back wholeheartedly with the Geonosian War Rooms. The other bonus, is we're getting characters that would never be released individually on cards, such as Jabba's dancers, San Hill, Deepa Billaba, etc. I think hasbro should take advantage of these (and us) as a means of giving us some of those more obscure characters we want.

dindae
06-15-2004, 05:42 AM
Crappy may have been extreme but things like articulation and poorly preposed figures tend to pop up more. I agree there have been a lot of good sets but like the trash compacter sets which are good to look at but take the figures out on there own and they don't stack up well.

Starbuck1966
06-15-2004, 08:34 PM
A Tarkin resculpt is long overdue. Give him knee articulation and a chair and I'd be good to go. A Tagge(SP?) figure is needed. A good way to get both.

DarthQuack
06-15-2004, 09:17 PM
You never know what we can get, the Jedi High Council looks awesome so that could be something in the future. It will be awesome if done right.

Banthaholic
08-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Funny to see this thread in light that we will be gettting some of these figures.

Sure we're not getting the table we all want, and might not be articulated to sit down, but there will be more new imp officers soon enough.