PDA

View Full Version : Analysis of Jedi Council packs points to new Anakin or Obi-Wan from AOTC!

Tycho
06-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Jedi Council Members

Yoda
Mace
Plo Koon
Ki Adi Mundi

SaeSee Tiin
Eeth Koth
Adi Gallia

Even Piel
Oppo Rancisis
Depa Billaba (later committed as clinically insane, Shatterpoint novel, Clone Wars)

Yaddle - killed before E2 (Jedi Apprentice book 6)
Yarael Poof - killed before E2 (Zam Wessel / Jango Fett comic)

E2 replacement Coleman Trebor (later killed by Jango Fett, during E2 Arena Battle)
E2 replacement Shaak-Ti

14 Members, 12 at any given time.

HASBRO SETS:

Mace-Oppo-Even (not seated)
Yarael-Yaddle-Depa (not seated)

Eeth-Plo-Obi-Wan (extra from TPM)
Ki-Yoda-Qui-Gon (extra from TPM)
Adi-SaeSee-Anakin (extra from TPM)

Never Seated: Depa Billaba, Even Piel

Final set - either these 2 or from AOTC:

ShaakTi (confirmed by picture)
Coleman Trebor (speculation - but Shaak could come with Even or Depa)
ONE CLOAKED FIGURE - HOOD UP, molded cloak, NOT sitting.

Since Depa was offered standing, and Even Piel is not that tall...

Obi-Wan and Anakin remain strong possibilities for an AOTC set.
Obi-Wan wore his hood up in the movie, Anakin did not until Clone Wars cartoon.
The cloak is darker like Anakin's however.

Bariss Offee wore her cloak up in Palpatine's office. It is dark and the resculpt has seen some interest since her figure is so action-pre-posed. Though she never went before the High Council in the movie, it is possible they might release her this way.

Mace Windu (again) is a possibility - as he was seen with his cloak in AOTC, but his hood was down not up.

The back of this figure looks a lot like Adi Gallia. True the E1 figure was never resculpted and re-released for AOTC while ALL the other Jedi Council Members made for E1 were:

Yoda - E1 - council chair, E2 lightsaber
Mace - arena
Ki - arena
Plo - arena
SaeSee-arena, pilot CW
Eeth-POTJ, saga re-release

Adi Gallia, and what's the difference between her and Stass Allie when it comes down to distinguishing a 3 3/4" action figure?

So

2 different Adi Gallia's, Stass Allie's???
Another Mace?
E2 Anakin - hood up
E2 Obi-Wan hood up - makes the most sense!!!

TRU pack #3 (total pack #6): Coleman Trebor, Shaak-Ti, Obi-Wan Kenobi at age 34 (AOTC, hood up).

logical?

dindae
06-10-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm leaning toward

Coleman Trebor, Shaak-Ti, and Adi Gallia or Stass Allie which ever is not in the other pack.

Since no other character appears twice and they do have a vision of this being one set I don't think they will throw in a second Obi wan (third if you count the holo obi wan). I also don't think they would do Bariss without Luminara.

Tycho
06-10-2004, 01:42 PM
But when does Stass Allie wear her hood up?

And I still wonder: does it really make that much difference if its Stass Allie or Adi Gallia?

Why do we need both. For dioramas they are interchangeable - they are both black females, with possibly distinguishably different features Hasbro can express at 3 3/4" (they can try) and they both wear a jellyfish on their head and the exact same colors of Jedi robes.

So one is sitting, the other standing with a molded hood up?

OK, then Stass is sitting with the E1 pack that has Anakin (child) and SaeSee Tiin (which is inaccurate since Stass wasn't there then)

And Adi Gallia is a re-release of the exact same E1 figure with the molded cloak.

Or, Hasbro decides to switch the names:

the new figure is called Adi Gallia (sitting)

the new standing figure is called Stass Allie, but it's just the E1 Adi Gallia renamed...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thank you Hasbro.

I would now like a new Luke Tatooine released, but call him "Moisture Farmer" and don't even use "Luke" anywear on the card.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Actually, the new packs are:
TRU pack 1 (summer) - Qui-Gon Jinn, (standing), Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi (TPM)
TRU pack 2 (summer) - Obi-Wan Kenobi (standing), Eeth Koth, Plo Koon (TPM)
TRU pack 3 (fall) - Stass Allie (standing, in dark cloak), Shaak Ti, Agen Kolar (AOTC/EIII)
TRU pack 4 (fall) - Anakin Skywalker (standing), Saesee Tiin, Adi Gallia (TPM)

A close examination of the pic on 4-inches.de and the Hasbro site shows that this is true. The Adi Gallia cloak is too small for Anakin or Obi-Wan, and they're not going to have the same character twice in the council, even if from different time periods. Also, they decided to use Agen Kolar instead of Coleman Trebor, but the current figure can probably sit in a chair, so we're getting a new figure.

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD

The set with Stass, Shaak, and Agen actually works for Episode III, as all of them will be on the council at that time. Stass is replacing Adi, who died or left the council, and Agen is replacing Eeth, who died or left the council. So Coleman's all left out.

So Tycho, thanks for the analysis, and I'd like to see it happen, but it's not going to, at least not for now. Since the council's already done, we likely won't get any more sets, but there's a possibility for more Episode III ones, like holographic Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon, but probably on single cards instead.

Tycho
06-10-2004, 02:11 PM
This still sucks because what's the difference between Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar?

They're both Iridonians :rolleyes:

The only real difference was that Lucas used local extras in England for E1 and then switched to Australia for E2, so there are different actors and actresses put into the same costumes.

Not that the movie-makers are so detail-attentive to marketing figures, but they could have just made up new aliens or new costume ideas for the actors replacing Adi Gallia and Eeth Koth :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-11-2004, 01:42 PM
This still sucks because what's the difference between Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar?

They're both Iridonians :rolleyes:

The only real difference was that Lucas used local extras in England for E1 and then switched to Australia for E2, so there are different actors and actresses put into the same costumes.

Not that the movie-makers are so detail-attentive to marketing figures, but they could have just made up new aliens or new costume ideas for the actors replacing Adi Gallia and Eeth Koth :rolleyes:
Yeah, that is kinda lame, Tycho. I can't think of any differences between them other than skin color. At least we can add two new Jedi to Arena dioramas. :)

I think the deal with the new people in old costumes was to have a little bit of familiarity. Maybe just for casual viewers, though, since us fans know they're different, and as such, they were given different names in EU sources.

MINOR SPOILERS - AGAIN

I think the reason they've decided to use Agen and Stass on the EIII council instead of file footage like in AOTC is, maybe, they get to talk and/or move around more on the council? I think I read in an Insider that Plo Koon and Shaak Ti talk in the next one (though it might get cut), so maybe Agen Kolar and Stass Allie do too. That would be cool, I bet Agen would sound like Darth Maul.

bandon_29
06-11-2004, 02:49 PM
i thought they killed shakk ti in the clone wars cartoons ya know general greivous did it before he tried to take out ki ad mundi

Tycho
06-11-2004, 02:57 PM
She lives somehow. The new Clone Wars cartoons episodes coming next year might fill in the rest we don't know.

TheDarthVader
06-20-2004, 02:28 PM
I would like to have an Obi Wan with hood up. That is a great idea Tycho! It does not bother me that Deepa Bilaba and Even Piell have never been made to "sit down". I am a carded collector so I will never use them in a diorama. The only diorama I am interested in is my AT-AT diorama with lots o' snowtroopers. Hasbro doesn't need to "waste" a mold on another "sitting" Even or Deepa. I think Anakin with hood up is another great choice. If done properly, these figures could be AWESOME! :D

Tycho
06-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Well, we're not getting the cool Obi-Wan or Anakin in the 3packs it seems.

GH posted the contents of the final two:

little Anakin
SaeSee
Adi Gallia

Shaak-Ti
Agan Kolar (like Eeth Koth, an Iridonian)
Stass Allie (like Adi Galia, the substitute because they couldn't contract the same model)

The funny thing is that the 2nd pack works out for me. I could use 2 more Shaak-Ti figures, thereabouts, and a couple Adi Gallias, which at 3 3/4" could be her or her cousin Stass Allie and I couldn't tell which was which anyway. Meanwhile Agan Kolar could be a useful Jedi in scenes, as I think I only have 1 extra Eeth Koth for Episode 3 scenes.

Not as good as I hoped, but not as bad as I thought Hasbro.