PDA

View Full Version : Ray Charles has passed away

Exhaust Port
06-10-2004, 03:57 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122380,00.html

Most of my Ray Charles memories come from his appearances on Sesame Street which instilled the belief in me as a child that blind people are normal. I don't know why that is my memory of Ray Charles....

Anyway, given his situation this man did a lot..... a lot more than I'll do with sight, that's for sure.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Ah, man this totally sucks. I've always loved Ray Charles. May he RIP. :cry:

El Chuxter
06-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Rest in peace, Genius. On the short list of the greatest musicians of all time, there's no question you're near the top.

Brother Ray's music will live forever. There has never been anyone like him, and there never will be again. The world is an emptier place as of today.

:cry:

JediTricks
06-10-2004, 09:02 PM
This one totally caught me by surprise, he seemed SO full of life and vibrant even at his advanced age. I dunno how long I expected him to go on, but it sure wasn't this soon. His incredible talent will be sorely missed, but at least he left us with a big library to enjoy.

arctangent
06-11-2004, 04:36 AM
i don't really know ray charles' music but i always find it sad when talented musicians of any musical genre pass away - whatever music they made it brought pleasure to many, many people which is a real gift. i hope ray rests in peace.

and one thing is for sure - heaven has one hell of a house band!

2-1B
06-11-2004, 05:00 AM
It's very sad and I respectfully offer my wish that Ray Charles is now experiencing the fullness of sight.

plasticfetish
06-11-2004, 05:07 AM
Wow. I've been basically hiding from the TV and the news for the past few days... I didn't hear this 'til now. Really a huge loss. Two of my favorite musicians gone in one year, first Johnny Cash and now Ray Charles. This is the kind of thing that makes you feel old, having the people you consider to be great become strictly a part of the past.

Ray Charles was an artist and a person that made you happy when he smiled, but he made you feel awe when he sang and played piano. Few people truly deserve to be called "genius" and he was one of them.

Kidhuman
06-11-2004, 10:13 AM
A great man, who overcame his handicap and inspired so many people. A truly sad day in the music field. RIP Ray. Thanks for the wonderful tunes through out the years.

On a side note, he was working on an album that was supposed to be released this summer with other musicians. I hope this one comes out.

scruffziller
06-11-2004, 10:17 AM
RIP Soul Man.:zzz:

El Chuxter
06-11-2004, 11:10 AM
On a side note, he was working on an album that was supposed to be released this summer with other musicians. I hope this one comes out.

It's scheduled for an August 31 release and will be entitled "Genius Loves Company."

Kidhuman
06-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Thanks Chux, didnt know if it was finished or not.

kool-aid killer
06-11-2004, 12:48 PM
RIP Ray. I remember him most for his soft drink commercials as opposed to his music. Its crazy to think how well he could work a piano without the benefit of sight. With both working eyes i couldnt play anything so i respected him immensly for his success despite his handicap.

jjreason
06-11-2004, 01:27 PM
The first thing that crossed my mind was Ray singing as "G Clef" on my daughter's Blues Clues video. Both my kids just love that song and dance and laugh like crazy when they hear it - it's a great song. I think Ray must be very satisfied with what he accomplished; his unique voice and brilliant smile will be remembered forever. Thanks, Ray.

Darth Jax
06-11-2004, 10:09 PM
not only was Ray to have the new album of duets out this year. but this fall the movie of his life was to be released starring Jamie Foxx.

Ray overcame so much in his life to delight millions of peoples with his music. in my opinion the best song he sang wasn't even his own, "America the Beautiful"