PDA

View Full Version : More OTC Figures On The Way?!

Beast
06-10-2004, 06:00 PM
TheJawa.com drops in a bunch of hot rumors for the Original Trilogy Collection. No clue if any of this turns out to be real or not, but no sense not passing it on. They say that their source has been pretty accurate, but if it's not from Galactic Hunter's Swami, I say take it with a massive grain of salt. :)

We've received word from a reliable source about some things that may be on tap in the not so distant future. But wait, there's more!

One of our favorite little birds that's been flying around the Dune Sea of Tatooine has brought word of some new things that may be on the horizon. Here's a rundown.

BASIC FIGURES
-4-LOM
-AT-AT Driver (new sculpt, possibly along the lines of the SAGA TIE Fighter Pilot)
-Astromech droid (designation unknown)
-Banniss Keeg - Duros Cantina Alien
-Bom Vimdim - Cantina Alien
-Darth Vader - Bespin Dinner
-Gotal - Cantina Alien
-Hem Dazon - Cantina Alien
-Imperial Gunner (reportedly a new sculpt)
-Luke Skywalker - Endor
-R5-D4
-Ree Yees
-Zuckuss

CLONE WARS
The Clone Wars may not be over quite yet. Rumor has it that a third and fourth wave of animated figures may be on the way.

DELUXE FIGURES & MULTI-PACKS
-Darth Vader - 500th Edition Figure .This is a commemorative edition figure. It's reportedly the most accurate rendition of Darth Vader ever, and may surpass the 300th Edition Boba Fett in quality.
-Max Rebo Band 3-Pack. This is currently being reported as a similar presentation to the Return Of The Jedi era Max Rebo Band 3-pack.

BEASTPACKS
-Rancor
-Bantha

VEHICLES
-Twin Pod Cloud Car

By no means are any of these things confirmed by Hasbro at this time. These are things that may be in the pipeline within the coming year.

Note: Some have already been posted and some others are new, but this is the first report of them together.

JON9000
06-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I saw that list too. I think it seems pretty legit, although the rebo band seems kinda far fetched, simply because it seems every link to the original trilogy pre SE is going the way of Comrade Ogilvy.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Bannis Keeg is a bit of a surprise, though he should be easy for them to kitbash. Of course, that would make Elorrs Madik innacurate since he's not wearing gloves. At least their hands will be the same size.

I hope at least most of these are true. I could live without a Max Rebo band three-pack, though my kids might like it. It seems to make sense for the nostalgia thing they're doing with OTC, so I wouldn't be stunned if it appeared. I'd rather they gave us the rest of the band instead, though.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

mericen
06-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Then also one of the regular persons on Rebelscum says he can at least confirm one of the things listed as being definitely true. I kind of suspect it is the 500th figure Darth Vader. Maybe this is the rumored Darth Vader Meditation Chamber. It would make sense anyway.

BlueSnags
06-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Can't wait for the retooled Zuckuss and 4LOM. Bring em on!

dindae
06-10-2004, 08:03 PM
I would be happy to see all of these. I hope they are all new sculpts. Most of those figures that have been released are in need of resculpting.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Can't wait for the retooled Zuckuss and 4LOM. Bring em on!

These, if they do happen, will not necessarily be resculpts, so don't get your hopes too high. The old sculpts were perfectly fine imo.

OCB
06-11-2004, 12:27 AM
I know the source of said rumor and he's been fairly reliable in the past. He gets his info real early in the game though so things might not happen for a year or two...unlike the Swami who can usually nail stuff within the next 4-6 months. Because of that, some of the stuff might not ever happen. I trust him enough and know his track record though to say a lot of this stuff has a good chance at seeing the light of day

Also note almost all of that stuff has been rumored at one point or another

Rumor List from February (http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1075907698,35394,)

So...maybe this new list just clarifies some of the way Hasbro will go

dindae
06-11-2004, 09:25 AM
These, if they do happen, will not necessarily be resculpts, so don't get your hopes too high. The old sculpts were perfectly fine imo.

My biggest complaint against these figures is their hands (they can barely hold their weapons) plus they can always add more articulation.

Kidhuman
06-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Belueve it when I see it. ALthough most of them would be cool, I would wait for pegs. Too many rumors flying around.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-11-2004, 01:06 PM
These would be pretty cool, if it turns out to be true. I doubt some of it will, though.
-4-LOM - A recard would be fine, but I'd like a new one.
-AT-AT Driver - Er, why? It's not really necessary.
-Astromech droid - Cool, more droids are nice.
-Banniss Keeg - This would be simple to make, but still nice.
-Bom Vimdim - I forget which he is, but the more aliens the merrier.
-Darth Vader - Bespin Dinner - We already have three Vaders in the OTC, we don't need any more. This one would only be worth getting if he had sparks and a piece of the table.
-Gotal - Good.
-Hem Dazon - Really good.
-Imperial Gunner - Unnecessary, unless it is really different and with a big gun.
-Luke Skywalker - Endor - While it is really needed, they should go easy on the Jedi Lukes for a while, seeing as how we've gotten three in the past year.
-R5-D4 - Hopefully, but I've seen this guy on way too many rumor lists to believe it any more.
-Ree Yees - Recard, hopefully.
-Zuckuss - Good choice for a recard.
-Darth Vader - 500th Edition Figure - After the vintage version, why would they try to do this? Unless it has a meditation chamber. I'd rather see a SA prequel character, since the OT is getting its fair share now.
-Max Rebo Band 3-Pack - Hopefully a recard of the 1998 ones. It's be better if they rerelease them set by set, but they won't.
-Rancor - Hopefully the 1998 one, I didn't get it.
-Bantha - Same deal.
-Twin Pod Cloud Car - Read what I said about R5-D4. But I guess it might now, with the pilot, but I'm not holding my breath.

sith_killer_99
06-11-2004, 02:04 PM

That's what I said until I got my Bossk and Dengar out of the package and compare them to the POTF2 versions. Better detail, more articulation. These are welcomed figures. Now if Hasbro can improve Zuckuss and 4-LOM as well, we will be all set on our OT Bounty Hunters!

dindae
06-11-2004, 02:26 PM
-Luke Skywalker - Endor - While it is really needed, they should go easy on the Jedi Lukes for a while, seeing as how we've gotten three in the past year.
I was thinking and hoping this would be a Luke in endor poncho and removable helmet (wishfully thinking)

El Chuxter
06-11-2004, 02:48 PM
That's what I said until I got my Bossk and Dengar out of the package and compare them to the POTF2 versions. Better detail, more articulation. These are welcomed figures. Now if Hasbro can improve Zuckuss and 4-LOM as well, we will be all set on our OT Bounty Hunters!

True, but given a choice between a new character and a better resculpt of an already great figure, I'd almost always prefer a new character.

4-LOM
Ree Yees
Zuckuss
Rancor
Bantha

The originals are perfect or close to it. Zuckuss doesn't hold his gun that well, but otherwise he's dead-on. So hopefully just re-cards if this is true.

AT-AT Driver
Imperial Gunner (reportedly a new sculpt)

These aren't completely necessary, but would be nice. The gunner should be the ANH version, with no gloves.

Astromech droid (designation unknown)
Banniss Keeg - Duros Cantina Alien
Bom Vimdim - Cantina Alien
Gotal - Cantina Alien
Hem Dazon - Cantina Alien
Twin Pod Cloud Car

I'm not about to complain about any of these. I've wanted them since 1995. ;) Banniss wouldn't be one of my top choice Cantina aliens, and probably just a repaint, but big deal.

Luke Skywalker - Endor
R5-D4

Two of the remaining POTF2 figures who are absolutely horrid and haven't been resculpted. I'd be first in line for these. As much as everyone lets it be known that we want a new R5, I wouldn't doubt him at all.

The Clone Wars may not be over quite yet. Rumor has it that a third and fourth wave of animated figures may be on the way.

Won't complain, but given the first line was exclusive and Durge, Mace, Asajj, and Dooku are keeping pegs toasty, I'll believe it when I see them in stores and not before.

Darth Vader - Bespin Dinner
Darth Vader - 500th Edition Figure .This is a commemorative edition figure. It's reportedly the most accurate rendition of Darth Vader ever, and may surpass the 300th Edition Boba Fett in quality.

To any Vader, I say bring it on! Especially one matching the specs of the 500th rumored here.

Max Rebo Band 3-Pack. This is currently being reported as a similar presentation to the Return Of The Jedi era Max Rebo Band 3-pack.

Re-release the core band from the Wal-Mart packs? Not a bad idea. Though I'd prefer Umpass-Stay and Ak-Rev.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-11-2004, 05:05 PM
-Bom Vimdim - I forget which he is, but the more aliens the merrier.

He's the cantina patron with the yelowish skin, inky black eyes and the horn growing from his forehead. He look's somewhat like Harryhausen's cyclops, only with two eyes.

He's a real good choice, and his outfit is a departure from the typical brown and grey outfits of many of the characters.