PDA

View Full Version : what are your impressuons on chris lee

kit fristo
12-17-2001, 09:01 PM
well hes 80 years old and has the final battle of episode 2. do u think he can hold up?????

post your thoughts...:confused:

the kit

bigbarada
12-17-2001, 09:26 PM
I think someone should take the time to proofread before hitting the submit button. ;)

While having never seen any of Lee's films and having only heard him talk in Sleepy Hollow and the LOTR trailers, I think his voice is spooky enough for a Sith lord. Besides he'll never be doing Darth Maul style lightsaber moves because GL is looking for a little less flash and more substance for this character.

master jedi
12-17-2001, 10:26 PM
I'll tell you what I think after I see Lord of the Rings tommorow night at a midnight showing.:p

derek
12-17-2001, 10:39 PM
upon first thought, the sight of a 78 year old man fighting two young jedi really troubled me. but after thinking about it, if lucas can super-impose liam neeson's and ewan mc gregors faces onto their stunt doubles, then doing the same for lee should be no big chore. i'm sure he'll make for a good villian, and his stunt double will most likley impress us with the saber.

kit fristo
12-17-2001, 10:41 PM
listen bigbarada i think u should shut the **** up and stop cridasising me
*******:dead:

derek
12-17-2001, 10:44 PM
calm down kit, or you'll suffer the wrath of jedi clint!:)

kit fristo
12-17-2001, 11:02 PM
who the !@#$ is jedi clint.

jedi clint just bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Beast
12-17-2001, 11:16 PM
Guys guys guys,
Calm the heck down. Please not more fighting just cause a couple of our forum members have spelling problems. Sheesh.

Ok, as far as Christopher Lee. Yes, I think he works great. Good choice Lucas. He maybe 78 but he's still pretty spry and agile for his age. A recent inverview says he loves to swim and keeps himself in good shape. I totally buy him as a sith lord, and have loved him as an actor for ages. Can't wait til May!!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Magnolia-Fan
12-17-2001, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by kit fristo
who the !@#$ is jedi clint.

jedi clint just bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Uh... Are you familiar with the term, "Moderator"?

bigbarada
12-18-2001, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Magnolia-Fan

Uh... Are you familiar with the term, "Moderator"?

Kit seems to have this place confused with the starwars.com message boards.

For the record, it is "criticizing." And if you can't take a little criticism and jabbing then maybe the internet isn't the place for you. I for one don't mind discussing stuff with people; but......Spell Check is such a wonderful tool, isn't it?:p ;) :D :cool:

Don't mess with Jedi Clint, he'll close your thread as soon as look at you.

Rollo Tomassi
12-18-2001, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by kit fristo
listen bigbarada i think u should shut the **** up and stop cridasising me
*******:dead:

"Cridasising" ??? Ohmigod!:eek:

DAVID FULLER LIVES!!!!:rolleyes: :( :D :crazed:

Plus, I do a pretty mean impression of Chris Lee...watch...

Oh wait, this is the internet. Damn. Well, it was pretty good guys. Trust me..;)

Jargo
12-18-2001, 03:47 PM
Du thay Nut hav spilling lessens in skool enny morr? THAT iz ok bekoz no won will reed this annyway.

I am I'm Empereororor Jango and I am rilly hardd putt up yorr dukes and we will fite four itt!!!!!!!!!

*silly silly silly :rolleyes: *

Wolfwood319
12-18-2001, 06:05 PM
Chris Lee is one of the creepiest actors around. He made his name in all of those 60's and 70's horror movies, and although he is a good actor, he pretty much sticks to those kinds of roles.

He looks really good as Sauraman, but I haven't seen enough of E2 footage to make any real judgement. As for the age thing, think of Guiness and Prowse, their fights weren't as flashy, but had more substance.

HoOkt on FoonikS WerkEd fEr mE!:happy:

chewbacca71
12-18-2001, 08:27 PM
How old is Yoda? Yoda can still bring it! :D

Christopher Lee will be great! Just wait.

Magnolia-Fan
12-18-2001, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by chewbacca71
Christopher Lee will be great! Just wait.

You were a poet and didn't know it! :crazed:

jawaboy
12-19-2001, 07:53 PM
I can no longer resist, the potted plant returns:

Lucas: Ok, where's that little *@$%@% at?

Ricky: He's not in this movie.

Lucas: How's that? Refresh my memory again. (enters confused daze)

Ricky: Well, the little *%^@ wouldn't say "yippee, mother f&*%&*" so we had him sent away for a very, very long time. HaHa.

Lucas: HaHa.

Ricky: HaHa.

Lucas: HaHa. Did i think of that myself?

Ricky: Yes, George. You are so clever.

Lucas: Ok, I'm done with the bedpan.

Ricky: I'll clean it up for you sir, don't bother yourself.

Lucas: So who do we have lined up for this next movie then?

Ricky: Oh sir, we have a real stellar cast in line. Thanks to my inside connections I established while doing "Radioland Murders", I was able to get the very best actors possible. We even managed to get Christopher Lee for the new Jedi Sith Lord!

Lucas: I wasn't planning on having any more Sith Lords in the next two movies, just Ewoks and Gungans, but I guess I can write him in. If this guy is as good as you say he is, perhaps he'll get more than two minutes of screen time!

Ricky: Oh, he is the best sir. I've been told that he's a little hard of hearing and walking but he's very committed to his work. His only request is that we have oxygen cannisters and a defibrillator on the set.

Lucas: Excellent, hand me a crayon and some of that toilet paper there and I'll rip out a scene right here and now. Let's see, who to pair him against. (enters confused daze). Let's have him try to steal the air conditioning unit from Ani's favorite fruit dealer back on Tatooine! That'll be a real hoot!

Ricky: Awesome idea sir. The fans will love to see your mother fight a 77 year old man over an air conditioning unit. It's classic! Maybe if we put your mother on payroll this time we won't have to keep poking her with a stick to say her lines!

Lucas: Holy @$% mother f@$%@#, this movie has "A list" all over it.

Ricky: Plus, you'll be happy to hear that we got Natalie Portman back!

Lucas: Oh f$@%!!!!!! You clumsy oaf, I said "don't get Portman back!!!" (suffers minor stroke) If that Potato shows up on my set one more time!!!!!

Ricky: We got her to strip down to a midrift outfit that we'll get all those "heterosexuals" all rouled up, you know how they get right sir? (bashes eyelids)

Lucas: Pure genius! This may be the next best idea you've had since building a bedpan into my director's chair! Yippee! mother f@%@@$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Overlord Returns
12-29-2001, 04:41 PM
chuckle.......

On a serious note, I have a feeling that GL intends for this duel to be much more like the duel in ESB, just as psychological as it is physical, with Dooku preying on the fears of both anakin and Obi Wan.

Obi wan has said in the OT that he was also tempted by the dark side. I think we saw the first of this when he flew into rage at his master's death. There's really no other way he could have defeated Maul. While it is obvious that Dooku will focus his seduction on anakin (as that is palpie's plan) he will also play with obi wan's fears of not being good enough.

Fulit
12-29-2001, 08:22 PM
If you want a hint at Chris Lee's best work, you must check out his role as a scientist in Gremins 2: The New Batch. Finer acting I have never seen, and it is a wonder to me why the film itself was never nominated for any awards. ;)

Jargo
12-29-2001, 08:36 PM
HEY! Don't diss the GREMLINS II! That's class in a glass that is. Mr. Lee was quite exeptional in that movie. Especially the part wher he took the handkerchief with the snot on it for scientific research purposes AHAHAHAHAHAHA ha ha hnnn h...... oh. :(

Co Jo-Da
12-29-2001, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by jawaboy
I can no longer resist, the potted plant returns:

Lucas: Ok, where's that little *@$%@% at?

Ricky: He's not in this movie.

Lucas: How's that? Refresh my memory again. (enters confused daze)

Ricky: Well, the little *%^@ wouldn't say "yippee, mother f&*%&*" so we had him sent away for a very, very long time. HaHa.

Lucas: HaHa.

Ricky: HaHa.

Lucas: HaHa. Did i think of that myself?

Ricky: Yes, George. You are so clever.

Lucas: Ok, I'm done with the bedpan.

Ricky: I'll clean it up for you sir, don't bother yourself.

Lucas: So who do we have lined up for this next movie then?

Ricky: Oh sir, we have a real stellar cast in line. Thanks to my inside connections I established while doing "Radioland Murders", I was able to get the very best actors possible. We even managed to get Christopher Lee for the new Jedi Sith Lord!

Lucas: I wasn't planning on having any more Sith Lords in the next two movies, just Ewoks and Gungans, but I guess I can write him in. If this guy is as good as you say he is, perhaps he'll get more than two minutes of screen time!

Ricky: Oh, he is the best sir. I've been told that he's a little hard of hearing and walking but he's very committed to his work. His only request is that we have oxygen cannisters and a defibrillator on the set.

Lucas: Excellent, hand me a crayon and some of that toilet paper there and I'll rip out a scene right here and now. Let's see, who to pair him against. (enters confused daze). Let's have him try to steal the air conditioning unit from Ani's favorite fruit dealer back on Tatooine! That'll be a real hoot!

Ricky: Awesome idea sir. The fans will love to see your mother fight a 77 year old man over an air conditioning unit. It's classic! Maybe if we put your mother on payroll this time we won't have to keep poking her with a stick to say her lines!

Lucas: Holy @$% mother f@$%@#, this movie has "A list" all over it.

Ricky: Plus, you'll be happy to hear that we got Natalie Portman back!

Lucas: Oh f$@%!!!!!! You clumsy oaf, I said "don't get Portman back!!!" (suffers minor stroke) If that Potato shows up on my set one more time!!!!!

Ricky: We got her to strip down to a midrift outfit that we'll get all those "heterosexuals" all rouled up, you know how they get right sir? (bashes eyelids)

Lucas: Pure genius! This may be the next best idea you've had since building a bedpan into my director's chair! Yippee! mother f@%@@$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where the F, did this come from...

derek
12-29-2001, 10:20 PM
i know we've had our differences in the past, but that was funny!:D you had me laughing.

Darth Rage
01-01-2002, 05:56 PM
Sauromon and Gandalf looked like two old women fighting in LOTR, pretty funny actually.

I think in Episode II, he will fight like how darth vader fought, less speed but more of his throat crushing action!

JEDIpartner
01-02-2002, 11:28 AM
I think that Christopher Lee will probably be a cross between Palpatine and Vader in terms of performance. I'm sure he'll be fine. Just think... Peter Cushing was a B Film actor for YEARS before he got STAR WARS: ANH!

Co Jo-Da
01-02-2002, 11:46 AM
I hope we'll see more of Christopher Lee as Count Dooku than we did as Sauromon...

SithDroid
01-13-2002, 10:07 PM
Christopher Lee is awesome and I can't wait to see him in AOTC. As for the lightsaber battle, who cares? Vader fought slow. So did Luke. As long as there are a lot o fast lightsaber battles in Episode II like the one in Episode I, then things should be great.

Co Jo-Da
01-18-2002, 02:42 AM
Lord Tyranus (Count Dooku) is rumored to taunt Anakin both physically and mentally to the point that he loses control of his emotions…

Chris Lee is going to be a great Sith Lord that will be remembered for a very long time…