PDA

View Full Version : Alright Citibank, that's enough out of you.

2-1B
06-13-2004, 03:02 AM
These anti-identity theft commercials were annoying to begin but they keep getting worse and worse. I'll never do business with Citi because of it. :D

scruffziller
06-13-2004, 07:40 AM
There's enough Larry for everybody!!!:D

InsaneJediGirl
06-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey,Some of these Citibank commericals (Lift and seperates :D) are better than some on currently.Could be worse

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Are they also the ones who do the commercials with that cashier who is ANNOYING AS ALL HELL?!? You know, like, they give her their Yahoo! endorsed credit card and she's like, "oooooooo, yahoo!! hey, i'm gettin' dizzy!" as she's looking at it. And then that British Chap comes up and she's like "Top o' the morning to ya! I'm not British, but i sound like it!"
Oh, If i ever had a cashier like that, i'd probably lay the smack down. SO obnoxious! :D

2-1B
06-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Guy, I think that's a Bank One endeavor.

Also terrible.

JediTricks
06-13-2004, 04:53 PM
My bank, Glendale Federal, was bought by California Federal, who themselves were just bought by Citibank. Citibank is an amazing amalgamation of annoyances and useful banking tools, so I dunno what to think of them. Their billboard ads are often dreadful, but I think some of these TV ads are funny (especially the one with the lady at the hair salon with the high school nerd's voice talking about his robot... his girl robot). They're way less annoying than the recent rash of KFC ads (in fact, the whole "kitchen fresh chicken" thing makes me want to push someone's head into a deep fryer -- who are the ad wizards that came up with this one?!? ;)).

2-1B
06-14-2004, 02:28 AM
JT,
that ad with the loser and his robot is what prompted me to complain about this on the internet.

Kidhuman
06-14-2004, 08:47 AM
The one with the chinese lady is funny. Watching these people with the voice overs amuses the hell out of me.

JT, I completely agree about the KFC commercials. Watch Blood Diner,and see your fantasy come true.

darthvyn
06-14-2004, 08:55 AM
JT, I completely agree about the KFC commercials. Watch Blood Diner,and see your fantasy come true.

or Scotland, PA - a modernized version of macbeth... it's really great!

some of the commercials can be entertaining, however, my girlfriend's dad hates commercials, so she's still in "flip mode" as soon as the screen goes black - i never see commercials really anymore, and that's fine by me. i also miss the first three minutes of the show BACK from commercials, and that's not so fine by me... but whachagonnado?

Kidhuman
06-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Snatch the remote from him and bash him with it and yell "thats enough of this BS. Leave it alone." Then you become ruler of the house. :D :beard:

JediTricks
06-14-2004, 08:10 PM
JT,
that ad with the loser and his robot is what prompted me to complain about this on the internet.
Then you sir have no sense of humor, and I bid you good day.

Seriously though, how can you NOT find that one funny? The actress plays that bit PERFECTLY, she is what MAKES that dialogue funny.

2-1B
06-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Because that voice is so damn irritating and I find it grating. :)

2-1B
06-15-2004, 03:29 AM
JT, that current one with female dental assistant talking about a full wax job for the chassis is now my most hated. :D

TeeEye7
06-15-2004, 06:17 AM
I like Citibank about as much as I like Enron.

They both exhibit the same style of customer service..... :greedy: :greedy:

El Chuxter
06-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Is it just me, or is the voice for "Larry" Adam West, or someone doing a remarkable imitation?

JediTricks
06-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Because that voice is so damn irritating and I find it grating. :)
It's a nerd, what did you expect, Ricardo Montalban? ;)

JT, that current one with female dental assistant talking about a full wax job for the chassis is now my most hated. That's more like it, I dislike that one immensely.

2-1B
06-17-2004, 01:14 AM
Oh man JT, the worst part of that one is at the end when he/she says "uh uh uh uh uh" :D

Deoxyribonucleic
06-17-2004, 04:08 AM
Wow, I'm glad I miss most of these (I'm constantly watch my MASH dvd's so "no commercials for me" (in soup nazi's voice)

there's only a few of the citibank commercials I've seen, the one I remember most is the old lady cleaning out the pool.

I'm starting to get tired of Gieco commercials...don't know if this is just a california thing or not, but they need something new!

I like the singing turtle with the digital camera commercial though, his expression at the end splits my sides. :D

JediTricks
06-18-2004, 02:40 AM
Geico makes me want to kill small lizards, I could not be less sick of their commercials.

Kidhuman
06-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Those Geoco commercials have been annoying me since last year and possibly before then. They are just plain stupid.

OC47150
07-02-2004, 09:25 AM
The commercial with the Asian lady ('Larry and Tijuana) and the first one with the guy talking about the leather bustier are the funniest! It lifts and separates!

Mandalorian Candidat
07-02-2004, 07:05 PM
After reading this thread I feel like the pertiest girl in the who-ul development. ;)

Deoxyribonucleic
07-03-2004, 12:46 PM
After reading this thread I feel like the pertiest girl in the who-ul development. ;)

Duuus that cownt the the duvelupnt 'cross tha strate too? You sausy vixen, you!

2-1B
08-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Add Snickers to the Hall of Shame, I F***ING HATE that commercial with the jackarse playing his guitar and singing that song about peanuts "and waterfalls of carrrrrrrrramel." :dead: :dead: :dead:

Kidhuman
08-27-2006, 02:30 PM
I agree with you Caesar, that commercial sucks

Darth Jax
08-27-2006, 03:10 PM
man i'm glad i don't watch tv.

figrin bran
08-27-2006, 10:13 PM
i don't think i've seen that snickers commercial but i'm sure it pales in comparison to Ford and their many POSSIBILITIES!!!!

2-1B
08-27-2006, 10:26 PM
You haven't seen it Bran, you'd know if you did. :dead:

Or should I say, you haven't HEARD it. :dead:

figrin bran
08-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Caesar, i guess i'll know it when i hear it. still, i can't imagine that's it's worse than the Ford commercials with that Hicks dude.

scruffziller
08-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Damn Cae, you are just an angry little man.:Ponder:

bigbarada
08-28-2006, 01:41 PM
I think the CitiBank add with the old ladies/bikers is hilarious!:razz:

The only ads that consistently annoy me are Carl's Jr. ads, those things are terrible!

OC47150
08-28-2006, 01:50 PM
No Carl Jr's in Indiana, so we're missing out.

bigbarada
08-28-2006, 08:01 PM
No Carl Jr's in Indiana, so we're missing out.

I think it's called Hardee's in the midwest.

figrin bran
08-28-2006, 09:17 PM
have you all been hearing this ad on walmart tv at your local WM's that has this constant "who. who. WHOWHOwho. who. who. WHOWHOwho"???

it really is the most annoying thing ever created.

Banthaholic
08-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Two commercials are in my current hall of shame and the channel gets turned instantly when they show
1. the kool-aid man and is desserted island themed SUS commercial
2. the commercial for some Grinders pepper with an annoying kid trying to talk in a fancy waiter voice, argg, it infuriates me thinking about it.

Who'd a think that advertising would actually lead me to never buy your product (which I used to buy) just because I hated the add so much.

JediTricks
08-30-2006, 03:10 PM
The only ads that consistently annoy me are Carl's Jr. ads, those things are terrible!Most agreed! I hate just about everything in them, from the awful sounds their products make (foley work is going overtime there) to the annoying jerk announcer purposefully reading it bored and snotty, even the way they're shot and directed and the people they cast. The sad part is Carls Jr is now my favorite large-chain fast food joint, they really burn their burgers without tasting disgusting the way Burger King has gotten.

Bantha's Kool Aid commercial is pretty annoying, they even got Kool Aid Man's voice wrong!

darthvyn
08-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Who'd a think that advertising would actually lead me to never buy your product (which I used to buy) just because I hated the add so much.

there are a lot of ads like that out there right now... even more are the ones that aren't annoying you out of buying the product, but outright CONVINCING you that their product is bad! case in point...

a young couple is in a jiffy lube, about to get the oil changed in their car. utilizing the new fangled network (such a new product, surely no other lube job place could have a network of computers hooked up to a central database of customer information :rolleyes: ) the clerk behind the register says "oh, i have your car right here... last oil change in las vegas, three months ago." to whit the woman, obviously a girlfriend, fiance or wife, says "vegas? i thought you were on a business trip!" and the clerk gives that "oh, he's busted look."

now, is this REALLY a way to get me to use jiffy lube? by showing me how their new network is going to get me in trouble with my significant other? no thanks, i'll take my car to another place that doesn't have fancy compewtors.

but seriously, there are a lot of commercials out there that acually give you reasons NOT to use the product, simply for the benefit of comedy. now, comedy can be a powerful tool when you want to get your point across, but you've got to be careful what point gets across!

El Chuxter
08-30-2006, 09:51 PM
There's one company that sponsors Jeopardy and their spot appears at the end of every episode. (I've never seen it elsewhere.) The ad goes:

Head-On: apply directly to the forehead. Head-On: apply directly to the forehead. Head-On: apply directly to the forehead.I kid you not. Some idiot took the "mention the product name three times" mantra a bit too seriously.

Banthaholic
08-30-2006, 11:43 PM
There's one company that sponsors Jeopardy and their spot appears at the end of every episode. (I've never seen it elsewhere.) The ad goes:

Head-On: apply directly to the forehead. Head-On: apply directly to the forehead. Head-On: apply directly to the forehead.
I kid you not. Some idiot took the "mention the product name three times" mantra a bit too seriously.

I saw this the other day and if they are trying to give you a headache they're doing a good job. The part they forget is that since they caused said headache I'm not going to buy their product to cure said headache.

2-1B
08-31-2006, 12:43 AM
I saw Head On the other day for the first time, actually the second time since I saw Colbert goofing on it but I officially saw it on TV during normal programming.

JT, I need your review of the Snickers Jingle.

Kidhuman
08-31-2006, 08:07 AM
here is (http://youtube.com/watch?v=OIOE0MR99oM) the commercial in question &

bobafrett
08-31-2006, 08:51 AM

Roll out the carpet, they're going to make love to each other. Giving a new meaning to "Snickers Satisfies".

JediTricks
08-31-2006, 09:30 PM
First off, who the hell goes to Vegas and decides "hey, I'm having so much fun that I should get the car a lube job!"???

Second, that Head-On commercial is ridiculous, like Caes I also saw it first on a Colbert episode (or was it The Daily Show, I know TDS did the "US Army - Protect your Forehead" bit earlier this month, wasn't that where it was shown?) and then a few days ago stayed through the Jeopardy credits and saw it in real life. Plus, it's a totally bogus product, there's nothing in it but wax and a couple herbs in such miniscule amounts they couldn't even get into the bloodstream.

Third, that snickers tune ad campaign is like a Bud Light ad - doesn't really get you thinking about the product in a positive way, but a quick chuckle and the brand name do get in there. Snickers' billboard campaign is far more annoying, I'd describe it but they have it online so I don't have to: http://www.snickers.com/satisfectellent.asp

El Chuxter
09-01-2006, 02:44 AM
Mrs Chux and I have a stupid running joke whenever that commercial comes on.

"But what should I do with it?"
"Apply directly to the forehead."

figrin bran
09-01-2006, 11:41 PM
this cingular commercial has to be the most annoying ad currently on the airwaves...

"why do you insist on treating me like an adult???"
"i got you this new phone"
"i really like it. why does it always have to be what *I* want???"
"you never hated me and you never will!!!"

JediTricks
09-02-2006, 02:21 AM
this cingular commercial has to be the most annoying ad currently on the airwaves...

"why do you insist on treating me like an adult???"
"i got you this new phone"
"i really like it. why does it always have to be what *I* want???"
"you never hated me and you never will!!!"
I didn't think that one was that bad.

I can't wait for the day that some dumb programming idiot at a station has to play the Head-On ad twice in a row because it's only 15 seconds and they sell 30 second slots.

figrin bran
09-02-2006, 02:50 AM
alright, in and of itself, JT, that advertisement isn't that bad. however, the fact that it comes on every 10 minutes and that i've already memorized most of it ("why do you always insist on treating me like an adult???") is a bit of an annoyance.

2-1B
09-02-2006, 03:02 AM
I'm going to go back to the thread title and say that the current one with the weightlifter with the female voice singing "Unbreak My Heart" is pretty foul. :dead:

Not as bad as "A girlllllll robot" was....but close. :dead:

figrin bran
09-02-2006, 03:25 AM
i remember seeing that commercial with the weightlifter many months ago but i guess it's back on the air now. it ain't foul! it ain't even carp. it's freakin' awesome!!!!

disclaimer: citibank holds most of my money and so i can't say anything bad about them :p :ninja:

2-1B
09-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Why did I just see an Allstate commercial with the disclaimer in small print, "not available in every state" ? :confused:

JediTricks
09-02-2006, 05:24 PM
alright, in and of itself, JT, that advertisement isn't that bad. however, the fact that it comes on every 10 minutes and that i've already memorized most of it ("why do you always insist on treating me like an adult???") is a bit of an annoyance.I haven't seen it quite that close together to warrant annoyance, most of the stuff I watch it's 1 or 2 times an hour.

I'm going to go back to the thread title and say that the current one with the weightlifter with the female voice singing "Unbreak My Heart" is pretty foul. :dead:That one, I hear it blaring all the time from neighbors' TVs, it's really weird how that one cuts through the urban din like a knife.

Not as bad as "A girlllllll robot" was....but close. :dead:Whaaaat? That's probably my favorite one!

figrin bran
09-13-2006, 01:29 AM
the new king/queen/despot of annoying tv commercials - the new carl's jr milkshake ad with kelis' "milkshake" playing.

darthvyn
09-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Why did I just see an Allstate commercial with the disclaimer in small print, "not available in every state" ? :confused:

haah! false advertising lawsuit!!! they should change their name to "Somestate".

the new king/queen/despot of annoying tv commercials - the new carl's jr milkshake ad with kelis' "milkshake" playing.

man, you would've thought with attention spans the way they are these days that song wouldn't actually make it to commercial play!

2-1B
09-14-2006, 07:39 PM
back to the thread title for this post, the Citi ID theft one with those old ladies sittin' on the couch is annoying.

Blue2th
09-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Chocolate covered mountains and prancing nugett in the meadow sounds like a sticky:whip: :thumbsup: situation to me. :ninja:

darthvyn
09-14-2006, 10:18 PM
back to the thread title for this post, the Citi ID theft one with those old ladies sittin' on the couch is annoying.

psshhh... staying on topic is for commies. and terrorists. you commie terrorist! :mad:

figrin bran
09-14-2006, 11:10 PM
how dare you stay on topic???

carl's jr's milkshakes are better than yours. their milkshakes are better than yours...

figrin bran
11-06-2006, 02:04 AM
alright, mellancamp that's more than enough out of you!!!!!

Kidhuman
11-06-2006, 07:05 AM
alright, mellancamp that's more than enough out of you!!!!!

You aint shi**ing me

El Chuxter
11-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I lost a lot of respect for him when I saw him hawking trucks. He seemed to have a lot more integrity than that. :(

2-1B
11-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, like hawking the failing American farm.

You guys are all crazy, Mellencamp is awesome. :mad:

Kidhuman
11-07-2006, 01:13 AM
The song was great when he first sang it as Aint that America.

2-1B
11-07-2006, 10:52 PM
aka Pink Houses

JEDIpartner
11-08-2006, 04:29 PM
"Unbreak my hearrrrrrrrrt... say you'll love me agaaaaaaaaaaain! Undo the hurt thatcha caused when you walked out the door and walked out of my liiiiiiiiiiiife..."

2-1B
11-08-2006, 07:56 PM
You got that right, that's probably even worse than the "girl robot" ad !

figrin bran
11-09-2006, 01:31 AM
JP, that one is pretty bad but at least it doesn't come on twice during each commercial break of football games

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Is it Citibank that has the old foreigner guy in their commercials? "Rewarding. Very, very rewarding!" When he holds up his card in one of them, it looks to me like his name is Borat. Ooooh, I smell a copyright infringement. :D

JediTricks
11-09-2006, 05:10 PM
That is them, and yeah, these reek of Borat ripoffs.

JEDIpartner
11-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Is it Citibank that has the old foreigner guy in their commercials? "Rewarding. Very, very rewarding!" When he holds up his card in one of them, it looks to me like his name is Borat. Ooooh, I smell a copyright infringement. :D

Borax? Borden?