PDA

View Full Version : Episode III title

flikenpred
06-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Here is what I read this morning in USA Today:

We caught George Lucas wandering around the grounds with his daughter, Katie. The director said the title of Star Wars: Episode III won't officially be announced until November, when the first trailer hits theaters.

But he conceded that fans on Web sites already have guessed correctly. So we threw a couple of rumored titles at him: Rise of the Empire? "No, that's not it," Lucas said. How about Revenge of the Sith?

With that, Lucas smiled knowingly, backed away and teased, "That's a possibility. Lots of titles out there ..."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Oooooh! Someone already got it right? There are hundreds of possibilities, though! Revenge of the Sith would be awesome, sort of like the original title for Episode VI. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Pendo
06-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Nah, I don't see that as reliable. Besides, I didn't think George Lucas read fan websites :confused:.

PENDO!

Jay86
06-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Nah, I don't see that as reliable. Besides, I didn't think George Lucas read fan websites :confused:.

PENDO!
I dont blame him, though he wouldnt really need to go to that many sites.....seems like if you've been to one you've been to em all :rolleyes:

Elliejabbapop
06-15-2004, 04:57 PM
We have to wait 'till bloody November???:eek: :eek: That sucks!!!:dis: I hope the preview in the trilogy box set is useful!!!:)

Sebulba_Fett
06-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Well, since there has been hundreds of guesses as to what the title is going to be, but only a handful of real popular rumour titles I would put money on it that it is one of those popular guesses that hit the nail on the head. The fact that Lucas even noticed and confirmed that someone got it right, pretty much eliminates the idea that some obscure website or forum poster unknowingly has the correct title. What does everybody think? Of those popular guesses such as "Revenge of the Sith" or "Rise of the Empire", which do you think it will be? Maybe we could put together the 5-7 most popular rumours out there and have a vote. Then come November we can come back and see who was actually right?

JEDIpartner
06-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Well... it really sounds like it just m-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-g-h-t be "Revenge of the Sith" :)

Elliejabbapop
06-16-2004, 05:29 AM
Well I hope it's a decent title because "Attack of the clones" really sucked:ermm: : it sounds like a videogame title, for Christssake!!! Couldn't it have been "The clone wars", or even better "Forbidden love"??? The "attack" isn't the main theme of the film.

Jon
06-18-2004, 04:17 PM
I think Rise of the Empire would have been a proper title for Episode II, not Episode III. It basically is a movie about Palpatine positioning himself, the creation of his army, the division of loyalists and separatists, many Jedi being killed and the early stages of Anakin's turn to the dark side. Rise of the Empire would have worked. Revenge of the Sith would have been an excellent follow up.
The Phantom Menace A New Hope
Rise of the Empire The Empire Strikes Back
Revenge of the Sith Return of the Jedi

Jay86
06-18-2004, 08:10 PM
I think Rise of the Empire would have been a proper title for Episode II, not Episode III. It basically is a movie about Palpatine positioning himself, the creation of his army, the division of loyalists and separatists, many Jedi being killed and the early stages of Anakin's turn to the dark side. Rise of the Empire would have worked. Revenge of the Sith would have been an excellent follow up.
The Phantom Menace A New Hope
Rise of the Empire The Empire Strikes Back
Revenge of the Sith Return of the Jedi
Thats a good point you have there, though "Rise of the Empire" would tend to fit both movies, in a sense. Depends how you view it I guess.

Val Da Car
06-18-2004, 09:06 PM
more than likely the Rise of the Empire will be detailed in the Clone Wars Animated stuff due April of 2005.

vadersvette
06-18-2004, 10:37 PM

PENDO!

Where do you think Lucas comes up with story ideas? He reads SW fan fiction on the websites and tweaks it a bit. He spends hours at night searching fan websites for the right way to introduce Vader in Ep III. :p JK lol :D :D lol

Elliejabbapop
06-22-2004, 05:16 AM
Do you suppose the title could be "Rise of the Sith"? It's a compromise between "Birth/Rise of the Empire" and the one Lucas didn't totally deny, "Revenge of the Sith". I think "Rise of the Sith" would be quite appropriate :) :) :)