PDA

View Full Version : Go Detroit

Kidhuman
06-15-2004, 10:57 PM
It lookslikeDdetorit will be upsetting the LAkers. It is 320 left in the 3rd and the Pistons are up 15. Gonna be a celebration in Motown tonight.

Exhaust Port
06-15-2004, 11:47 PM
DETROIT WON! As a fan of anyone playing the Lakers I'm happy to see Detroit walk away with the Championship. :) This is the closest I've been to a winning team being from Northern Ohio. God knows the teams in Cleveland haven't done it for us. ;)

Nice work Pistons!

Kidhuman
06-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Ben Wallace is the man. Rip deserves the MVP or Ben. Good JOb DEtroit. Way to prove 90% of the people wrong.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Congrats to the Pistons!! I'm not a fan, but i'm happy as well to see anybody besides the Lakers walk off with another trophy. I guess Kobe can come up with new plays as he's sitting in jail. :crazed: May God protect Motown during the celebration tonight. :D

P.S.- 2,000th post! whoo!! :p

Exhaust Port
06-16-2004, 12:08 AM
P.S.- 2,000th post! whoo!! :p
...and everyone a gem. :)

jjreason
06-16-2004, 01:53 AM
I'm really happy about the Pistons win for a number of reasons:

1) Larry Brown gets an NBA title after years of hard work coaching, classy all the way.

2) Chauncy Billups and Rasheed Wallace got to prove that they actually can play in a team concept and contribute - as opposed to be a detriment to the team (and I'm thinking of Wallace in particular here, Billups is more the type that just never seemed to live up to all the hype. Until this playoff run - he was awesome).

3) Ben Wallace teaching Shaq that hard work and determination beat the 10 million dollar smile and 10 cent attitude 4 out of 5 games.

4) Kobe doesn't get to touch the trophy.

5) It helps soothe my aching Red Wings pride.

Congrats Pistons, on a job surprisingly well done! :cool:

TeeEye7
06-16-2004, 06:42 AM
....and the winner is:

BEN not ZEN!

Pistons looked awesome throughout the series (and I'm a Laker fan). You can't argue about the outcome. Pistons deserve the trophy all the way. I bet Eldon Campbell is laughing at his old team, too.

I'm laughing at Malone and Payton. Geez....if they wanted a ring so badly, ya gotta try harder guys! Just taking a pay cut doesn't insure it! No sympathy from me.

I also agree with JJR: It's nice to see Larry Brown add an NBA title to his NCAA title. Take notice, Phil!

Congrats to Detroit!

Rocketboy
06-16-2004, 12:11 PM
I've seen more basketball in the past month than I've seen in my entire life and I still wouldn't call myself a fan, but wow, the Pistons were awesome! Take that Kazaam!
It's always nice to see Detroit win a national championship, so I guess I won't mind Hockeytown being renamed Hoopstown for the summer.

El Chuxter
06-16-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm glad, because Lakers fans scare me.

I used to have a favorite team (the Charlotte Hornets), but they turned into filthy traitors and now I like whoever plays the Lakers or those dirty New Orleans Hornets (bah! the sound makes me want to puke!!).

JEDIpartner
06-16-2004, 12:35 PM
This is the closest I've been to a winning team being from Northern Ohio. God knows the teams in Cleveland haven't done it for us. ;)
Tell me about it! Aside from having had a few good years of baseball, there really hasn't been anything to speak of in the last... oh, twenty years or so. Personally, I am glad for Detroit. It's about damn time some good light shone on that city.

Anyone have any opinions about Couch's potential in Green Bay?

darthdeogg
06-20-2004, 05:37 PM
DETROIT WON! As a fan of anyone playing the Lakers I'm happy to see Detroit walk away with the Championship. :) This is the closest I've been to a winning team being from Northern Ohio. God knows the teams in Cleveland haven't done it for us. ;)

Nice work Pistons!

Well, not ALL is that bad in the Buckeye State. We DO have two Cavs getting a gold medal in the Olympics (Carlos Boozer...and that Lebron guy)

Anyhow, congrats Piston fans! Live it up! You guys earned it!

It was so refreshing to see an actual TEAM win, not a 1 (or 2 in LA's case) megastar-and-a-bunch-nobodies win. I would GLADLY take true TEAMS like Detroit, Indiana, Dallas, or New Jersey over places like the Lakers, Toronto, or Orlando anyday.