PDA

View Full Version : Dream Director

stillakid
12-17-2001, 09:52 PM
Based on a thought provoking other thread, I thought it might be fun to see just how bloody smart the rest of you are.

If you could choose a better director than George Lucas to finish off the Star Wars saga, who would it be? Which established director has the talent and body of work that uniquely qualifies him to tell the story in such a way that would please both "true fans" and entertain the masses?

If you are knowledgable enough, go out on a limb and choose a dream Writer that could lay the groundwork for an excellent film that ties the saga together (and can somehow pull off a miracle and fix the awful mess that TPM put the saga in.)

Feel free to list multiples and give reasons if you feel the need.

My first choice for Director would be Sam Raimi. Good sense of drama with enough "child" left in him to know what kids need without talking down to them.

As far as a writer is concerned (aside from myself), I would go with Frank Darabont, who was erronously rumored to be the writer for TPM. What a different picture it would have been with him at the keyboard.

bigbarada
12-18-2001, 12:07 AM
My first choice would be Irvin Kershner, he's expressed the desire to direct another Star Wars film and he has the talent to bridge the two trilogies.

Peter Jackson would be another one. Along with Steven Spielberg. However, I must admit my knowledge of directors is extremely limited. Ridley Scott might do a good job also; but I think I'm just showing my ignorance by naming off such obvious choices.

Rollo Tomassi
12-18-2001, 08:13 AM
Episode III is supposed to be dark, so somebody call David Fincher.

Wolfwood319
12-18-2001, 08:40 AM
I don't know about Sam Raimi. True, he did direct some excellent films with a dark aura to them. But his recent Spider-man I'm not so sure of. I'd have to see that film before I can accurately judge Raimi again.

My choice would be David Fincher as well. Cut back on the special effects and get back to character development.

I'm not sure about writers though.

SithDroid
01-16-2002, 12:18 AM
I like Sam raimi and think that he would do an excellent job. Steven Spielberg could do well also. Ridley Scott would be a great choice. Or how about Steven Soderburg.

All those would be great, but I think that the best choice would have to be Kevin Smith. Here is my reasoning.

1. He is a huge Star Wars fan, as you can tell by his movies, and would uphold the integrity of the series.

2. He is also a writer. He has excellent ideas and have you seen Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? He somehow managed to tie in every major character from his previous movies. I believe he could somehow straighten out the whole continuity and midichlorian thing.

3. He could write and direct it which means that he would have the ultimate say. Unfortunately GL doesn't like anyone else to have creative control over his films. A pity.

GNT
01-18-2002, 02:59 AM
Me? I can can dream on right :D I couldprobably do a better job than Lucas himself