PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3 merchandising schedule

Rocketboy
06-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Hope this is the right forum for this.

From Yakface.com:

Secret Shopper info
June 16, 2004 | 4:16 PM EST | Ben (Ben@yakface.com) Great info from a source in the retail industry who attended an official briefing on Episode III merchandising.

First, we received a brief presentation of the 4,5,6 DVD set. Still nothing any of us hasn't heard before. They played the trailer currently running on Hyperspace.

As far as the Episode III movie overview, this one was not nearly as spoiler laden as the one for Ep II was but I did see some rough footage from a couple key scenes, along with some storyboards and sketches.

To put it in perspective, after the Episode II presentation, the only thing about Episode II that remained a complete surprise to me was the whole Death Star thing. That was it. Anyway...

Vader / Lava themed product packaging (saw a sample, SWEET!!!!)

HEAVY Vader presence in all marketing (saw some samples - again, SWEET!!!)

(NOTE: On more than one instance, some of the artwork incorporated the lone word "REVENGE" (Revenge of the Sith perhaps?)

(Secondly, during the commentary, the phrase "closing the circle" or the "circle being complete" was also used more than once in a very "wink-wink" kind of way. (Tagline?)

First Ep III teaser trailer debuts in Nov. 04

First full trailer, April 05

Ep III Product release first week of April 05 (start saving!)

A mention of an increased focus on high-end collectables (master replicas? gentle giant?)

Eps 1, 2, 4, 5 & 6 to air on FOX throughout the month of April 05

Clone Wars Series 1 & 2 DVD coming in Q1 of 05

Clone Wars Series 3 to air April 05 (Ten 12 minute chapters)

Licenses renewed with BK & Pepsi / Frito-Lay

License with as-yet undisclosed wireless service.

LIVE ACTION TV series to premire in 2006!!!

Wow, that's a lot of tidbits to chew on!
Lots of great stuff there!
Except:
First full trailer, April 05 - Shouldn't it be sooner than 1 month before the movie?
Clone Wars Series 1 & 2 DVD coming in Q1 of 05 - Christmas (October/November or so) seems like the perfect time.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the info, Rocketboy. I'm surprised about the KFC, Pepsi, Frito Lay licensing deal. They complained about how Ep. 1 didn't do what they expected it to do, then didn't do very much w/AOTC, so I don't know what to expect from them this time.

stillakid
06-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Live action TV series? :confused: I have images of Bea Arthur dancing in my head. :eek:

Look forward to Clone Wars Series III though. The first two were fun and captured the Star Wars spirit more than the films have been I think.

I've always wanted a Darth Vader "reveal" mask, but they are fairly difficult to come by unless you have the skills to make your own. Maybe with this new emphasis on high end collectables, somebody will get an official license to do it for us little people.

Kidhuman
06-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Sweet. Gonna be loving this stuff.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2004, 02:48 PM
This sounds awesome!!! I'm not too sure about the live-action show, though, I'll reserve judgement until more details come out.

What is BK? Burger King? It couldn't be, as it has Coke stuff, not Pepsi. Nice to know about Pepsi and Frito-Lay, though. And a wireless service? Weird!!! But I guess LOTR did it with Verizon so it's not too out there.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-17-2004, 11:34 PM
And a wireless service? Weird!!! But I guess LOTR did it with Verizon so it's not too out there.

It's going to have commercials with some poor woman home alone at night, her phone rings, she answers it looking panicked and tells whoever it is to stop calling then hangs up. Her husband walks in the door and she says "Honey, I'm so glad you're home. Some pervert keeps calling. He never says anything, but I can hear him breathing on teh other end." We cut to Darth vader in his meditation chamber hanging up his wireless phone.

evenflow
06-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Sounds good, cant wait for first images of figures.

chrisc
06-18-2004, 02:48 PM
sounds cool

-Durge-
06-19-2004, 06:52 AM
AWESOME!!! Things are heating up guys!!

Darth Alex
06-27-2004, 12:17 PM
This is a lot to look forward to.
I'm actually glad to have some...specifics on when things are going to drop.
For example, knowing that the Ep3 line will probably show up in 04/05 instead of the same month as the movie helps me to save accordingly for it.
I hope we get the 2nd season of the Clone Wars cartoons and the Ep3 DVD both in the late fall of 2005. That would rock!

Kyle Katarn
07-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the info. So I will need to save some money to buy many stuff.

-Durge-
07-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Do you guys think we will see the first EP3 figure at the SDCC?!

Darth Grifter
07-10-2004, 01:51 PM
i'm kinda scared about the live action series :eek: who knows what marketing genius thought that up? probably the same guy behind jar jar binks ;)

these are good dates to look forward to :classic:

Slicker
07-10-2004, 02:35 PM
This all sounds outstanding. I can't wait until all of this hits a climax with the release of Episode III. I wish time would hurry up.

Veers
07-11-2004, 12:00 AM
That is cool. I am looking forward to it. :) :beard: