PDA

View Full Version : B-Boys: To the 5 Burroughs

JON9000
06-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Anyone else picked this up?

I have been listening to it all day, and I think the 1st single is definitely the strongest song on the album. I know on this album they produced all of the songs themselves, and while they are decent enough, the variety and imaginativeness on the tracks is lacking in comparison to earlier albums.

The running time is also light at less than 45 minutes. I don't feel so bad since it was only 9.99 at Best Buy (a sanitized version is available at Wal-Mart for around 9.35).

The coolest thing is the album artwork! The sleeve unfolds to reveal 4 foot long (both sides) 4 inch high panorama of Manhattan as observed from Brooklyn. It looks pretty accurate (although I think 1 bridge is omitted). I would really dig that sort of thing in a specialized frame to fit it.

Reefer Shark
06-17-2004, 04:42 PM
I have it. It's a good album, I really enjoy it.

I have to agree with you though, not quite as varied or imaginative as their other albums .......well mabye more varied than Licensed to Ill.

El Chuxter
06-17-2004, 04:45 PM
I've got it on order from deepdiscountcd.com, and it should be in my grubby little paws next week. I'll let you know what I think then.

Is it true that the album is about 99% political, as I've heard?

JON9000
06-17-2004, 04:54 PM
No, I wouldn't say so. It does have some political statements here and there. Here is more on the cover art:

http://www.matteopericoli.com/

Kidhuman
06-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Looking foward to getting this album. Been a fan of them for a long long time.

scruffziller
06-20-2004, 08:37 PM
Yea the B-Boys have done it again. Has anyone seen the video for Ch-Check it out!!!! Its awesome!!!!! Classic Beasties doing their goofy costumes and antics. The best is when they dress us up as Star Trek charachters.:D
Anyone agree that their single "Alive" from The Sounds of Science Anthology is their best song ever? Also what was the name of MC A's solo album that he put out sometime ago. I also heard that Mike D put out an album under the name of Country Mike. Did anyone catch their special on MTV?