PDA

View Full Version : OTC hitting stores already?

RooJay
06-17-2004, 11:48 PM
I saw the OTC packaged lightsabers at Target yesterday, so it would seem that at least some of the OTC merchandise is finally hitting stores. Can the figures be far behind?

evenflow
06-18-2004, 08:59 AM
I hit up a couple of stores yesterday and didnt see anything :(

DGFD
06-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Last night the toys r us in St. Charles in the Chicago land area had the otc Vader's tie fighter. No figures yet, but I must say the packaging looks great.

Kidhuman
06-18-2004, 10:45 AM
I have hit 6 stores in the last week and found none. Iamnot woprried about the first wave since I have them on preorder.

JediBoulton
06-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Here is Dallas, TX -- I have seen both the X-wing and the Tie Fighter at a local Comic Shop -- however, no figures yet.

lucidebass
06-18-2004, 12:36 PM
I haven't found anything in the Atlanta area yet...still waiting. :ermm:

Jay86
06-18-2004, 01:39 PM
I havent even seen the Jabba's Palace wave yet, though I did find a Saga Bossk at a K-Mart, but thats one figure, though that K-Mart seems to do a good job restocking, but I live too far away to get there before other people do :/
All in all, there are a few possibilites as to what'll happen in my area, but its too hard to say what will happen for sure or what I'll find.

El Chuxter
06-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Dude, I've already picked up all of the OTC at a local KB, and I got all the Episode III preview figures except for General Grievous. You guys are behind!

Oh, wait, the name of this thread isn't "Blatant Lies."

I've been from one end of this county to another, and I've seen nothing OTC except for pictures online. :(

Ji'dai
06-18-2004, 04:26 PM
I haven't seen any OTC in Indianapolis or the smaller cities in west-central Indiana.

I see the HOF assortment everywhere, and occasionally the Star Destroyer wave.

Bacta Beast
06-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Nothing in Lansing, MI yet. Big suprise there! :mad: Hey, Chuxter, that wasn't funny, ya' had me goin'!

sith_killer_99
06-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Well, good ol' SK99 found the OTC DV TIE Fighter at TRU in Cincinnati today. And here is the pic with me and my new precious.....

BTW, the manager said that they weren't supposed to be out until 1 July, but the Hasbro rep himself put them out!!!

I think God really wanted me to have it...yes he did! :D

Kidhuman
06-18-2004, 07:01 PM
SO July first is the release date for all the OTC line? SOunds good to me.

Turbowars
06-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Well, good ol' SK99 found the OTC DV TIE Fighter at TRU in Cincinnati today. And here is the pic with me and my new precious.....

BTW, the manager said that they weren't supposed to be out until 1 July, but the Hasbro rep himself put them out!!!

I think God really wanted me to have it...yes he did! :DThat's so cool Killer. I didn't think it was that big, the box I mean.:p

sith_killer_99
06-18-2004, 08:04 PM
The manager said 1 July, but I don't know if that was just for the DV TIE Fighter or all OTC, most likey all OTC, since that's the way Hasbro seems to work.

I was surprised at how large the box was, but it looks really sweet. The $29.99 price tag pretty much means that this baby is staying in the box. No big, since I already opened my POTF2 DV TIE. :D

mastermatt24
06-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Nothing in Southern California yet..... :zzz:

dindae
06-19-2004, 10:46 AM
I saw the OTC non boxed cheap lightsabers at a Walmart. Not very exciting I was mor surprise to see a lone J'Quille figure amidst the Elan, Bail and dignitaries.

jjreason
06-19-2004, 05:00 PM
I found it up here in Nanaimo (BC, Canada) as well, but passed. I just think both pieces are too POTF2; that Gunner Station Darth is way to clunky to fit in with the new figures. If they had included a new Vader (and had added some new paint details to the ship), I would have most certainly bought it. Too much $ for stuff I already have.

sumdumchum
06-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Well, I've been looking everywhere and I haven't seen anything new at all down here in Miami, Fl :cry: . All I keep running into is Ozzel and Bossk, but if you guys have started to see the vehicles then the figures can't be all that far behind. Can't wait to get my hands on these. Hopefully there won't be any short packing this time. :mad:

dindae
06-19-2004, 08:13 PM
I believe all the recards are one to case but they are recards so it will be like the HOF figures.

Dr Zoltar
06-20-2004, 06:48 PM
I saw the new sabers in one Target in my area, but not in any of the others. Strange how inconsistant some of this stuff gets put out.

Kidhuman
06-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Found the sabers today. BIg Whoop.

Ji'dai
06-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Found Vader's TIE today at TRU. They had four of them on the shelf, two when I left. I saw a young boy with his mom pick one out before I got mine, so I guess kids are still interested in Star Wars. It's in a nice looking display box, very appealing.

I spy a OTC mini-catalog in there too! I'm gonna have to open it and check it out. I loved getting a new toy and going through the Kenner catalogs as a kid.

Agent23
06-21-2004, 05:06 PM
I loved getting a new toy and going through the Kenner catalogs as a kid.
Yes! Good times. :D

Hellboy
06-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Vader's TIE is the only thing to show up in my area as well. I'm still not sure if I want to pick it up either. I just can't get past that stupid looking missle-firing gimmick. :stupid:

I'll admit the packaging is rather nice though.

Kidhuman
06-21-2004, 09:59 PM
I spy a OTC mini-catalog in there too! I'm gonna have to open it and check it out. I loved getting a new toy and going through the Kenner catalogs as a kid.

Dude, I bought an ROTJ speeder bike on Ebay a year and change ago, and the guy left the catalog in there. I was loving it. I never thought about them putting catalogs in these.

ronhudy
06-22-2004, 11:44 AM
I saw the non-electronic sabers at Wal-Mart here in Las Vegas...nothing else yet.

jjreason
06-22-2004, 03:07 PM
New Catalogues! Yay!!! :D

I loved these as a kid too - how could you not? I remember they gave them out at the theatre as well, that's where I got my first one, and my first look at the Millenium Falcon toy! It was love at first sight. :p

Ji'dai
06-23-2004, 03:30 PM
New Catalogues! Yay!!! :D

I loved these as a kid too - how could you not? I remember they gave them out at the theatre as well, that's where I got my first one, and my first look at the Millenium Falcon toy! It was love at first sight. :p

Funny you should mention the Falcon, since the new version of the ship is pictured on the cover of the OTC mini-catalog. The booklet features pics of some of the OTC figures, vehicles, lightsabers, the Ask Yoda, and Classic Trilogy Monopoly. So nothing we haven't seen before.

RooJay
06-24-2004, 12:13 AM
I found all of the OTC vintage collection at Target last night...and then I woke up. :cry: It seemed so real, though! I'm hoping I will have bought and opened them for sleepy time tonight. :D I wonder if the Sandman does requests...

Devo
06-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Vaders TIE has appeared in Forbidden planet Dublin, Ireland much to my surprise. I like the new colour but I won't be getting it as I have the old one, and you don't need more than one Vader TIE. The figure ,packed with it, uses early POTF parts...its crap.

Grievous
06-24-2004, 12:41 PM
I found all of the OTC vintage collection at Target last night...and then I woke up. :cry: It seemed so real, though! I'm hoping I will have bought and opened them for sleepy time tonight. :D I wonder if the Sandman does requests...
Wow, I also have collecting dreams, several times a month. Good to know I'm not the only one. :D

At Target, I saw some of the new electronic OTC sabers. The new packaging looks sweet in person. Since I still don't have Luke's, I may finally get it soon.

plo koon 200
06-24-2004, 05:56 PM
I have not even seen Vader's Tie and I go to TRU everyday. Oh well.

mastermatt24
06-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Wow, I also have collecting dreams, several times a month. Good to know I'm not the only one. :D

Ive only had a couple. But my latest I was at a Wal Mart and they had an isle with nothing but unreleased figures. Then I woke up... darn alarm clock. That dream started me customizing. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-24-2004, 08:57 PM
I spotted the X-Wing, Tie Fighter and Darth Vader Tie Fighter at a TRU in dayton and picked up the DV Tie!! IT's pretty awesome. I LOVE the packaging and it even comes with a nifty little Vader. I'm very impressed so far and can't wait to get my stuff from KEBco!! :D

vadersvette
06-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Targets in the Akron, Ohio area have the OTC basic lightsabers :rolleyes: , but nothing else new :cry:

DarthQuack
06-24-2004, 09:24 PM
It's like a ghost town in Albany NY with old SAGA figures floating around on the shelves.

Turbowars
06-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Picked up Vaders Tie tonight in Southern CA. What a great ship. The packageing would make a pile of crap look good. JJB might even look good in it. Well that might be a stretch.:p

Old Fossil
06-25-2004, 12:36 AM
I haven't found diddly squat as far as OTC goes, not even lightsabers or the vaunted Vader's TIE Fighter.

I daydream of finding the OTC Dagobah figures, bringing them home, snapping them into Star Cases, lining them up side by side...

Hellboy
06-26-2004, 05:58 PM
I saw the X-Wing today, what a piece of junk. :p

I bought Vader's TIE and am very pleased with it. Anyone else notice that the Proof Of Purchase has returned and the Jedi Master Points are now gone? :dis: I wonder if the cards with the OTC figures on them will be the same?

This leads me to believe Hasbro may never do anything for all of us who couldn't take advantage of the auctions and were left sitting on 1000's of JMPs. :mad:

Turbowars
06-26-2004, 06:03 PM
I agree, that X-wing is a sorry hunk of crap. The box is worth more than the ship.:eek:

jjreason
06-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Man, can you imagine the outcry if they'd made VOTC Boba Fett only available to those who clipped 5 P.O.P. seals off their VOTC figures? :D

It would be nice if they'd offer up something for us to redeem those points and/or seals for though. I don't feel the auctions offered "something for everyone", as I think they were claiming they would.

Kidhuman
06-26-2004, 09:14 PM
If they do that I would be highly peeved at them Because I would have to spend an extra 30 bucks to get one(I will already have a double of 3po). It will be an outcry. Even worse, they will put himon the fanclub with a oneper customer limit and make us pay 70 bucks for him. That would really **** me the f off.

RooJay
06-27-2004, 12:43 AM
I don't understand that sentiment. That is exactly the kind of thing I'd want in a mail-in offer - that is exactly the way it was done with the original Boba Fett way back when. It was good for me then, it'd be good for me now.

vadersvette
06-27-2004, 01:02 AM
I think that Hasbro should go back and find some kind of better use for the JMPs, even though they're not on the OTC. Maybe, instead of a stupid aution, make some kind of new figure, only available to people who sent in a certain number of points. Kind of like the Episode I Sneak Preview Mace Windu (except use faster shipping--mine took 3 months to arrive at my house!) :crazed:

jjreason
06-27-2004, 01:35 AM
I don't understand that sentiment. That is exactly the kind of thing I'd want in a mail-in offer - that is exactly the way it was done with the original Boba Fett way back when. It was good for me then, it'd be good for me now.

It's just an illustration of how the game has changed, Roojay. Back in the day, it was an amazing deal because we were getting something for free - literally free. I remember sending away the POP's, I don't even think they wanted shipping money or anything. I got my Fett, Bossk, Nien Nunb and Emperor figures that way, and would have gotten Anakin if only I'd stayed with collecting for a little while longer. Nowadays, the majority (although I'd like to hope the closet opener in all of us has started to express itself in more cases - they're meant to be freed, people :D ) would have to buy 5 or 6 extra expensive figures to make this happen - and would of course be ugly about it because it's money above and beyond what they were going to spend, had the promo not come along.

It would be ideal for me though. I'm planning on having a healthy number of those packages recycled between now and Christmas. :)

Kidhuman
06-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Well good then JJ. If they do this, you can send me the required POP's so I can order one. :D

dindae
06-27-2004, 10:05 AM
The sad thing is they do this for other toys. My Little pony has just started there second mail away promo. (My girlfriend collects them). They do it straight from their website and all they charge is two bucks for shipping. Now I'm sure a pony is cheaper to make but i'm sure it's not so great a margin that it can't be done.

Turbowars
06-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Yeah, but I'm sure Hasbro owns the Pony name and doesn't have to pay some big wig like Lucas for every figure the pop of of the mold. Do get me wrong, I want some freebies too, but Hasbro wants to make every penny on the SW logo.

Darth Alex
06-27-2004, 12:27 PM
I agree, that X-wing is a sorry hunk of crap. The box is worth more than the ship.:eek:
I bought the TIE and I agree the X-wing is junk. The packaging is great, though. When you compare the bigger, better X-wing (RED Leader) next to the OTC X-wing, the OTC version looks like it got put in a shrinking machine.
This could probably start some arguments with some people who love the size of the OTC X-wing and I'm not trying to do that. I would actually like the OTC X-wing if you could do more with it. Give it 3 real landing gear legs, make the fake R2 head a slot where an astromech could be put in, give it a button for the wings to open/close, and give it sounds/lights!
The TIE at least has the new sculpt. Yeah, it could have some lights/sounds and even a clear stand to place it on, but the X-wing will be passed on by a lot of folks.

RooJay
06-28-2004, 02:09 PM
It's just an illustration of how the game has changed, Roojay. Back in the day, it was an amazing deal because we were getting something for free - literally free. I remember sending away the POP's, I don't even think they wanted shipping money or anything. I got my Fett, Bossk, Nien Nunb and Emperor figures that way, and would have gotten Anakin if only I'd stayed with collecting for a little while longer. Nowadays, the majority (although I'd like to hope the closet opener in all of us has started to express itself in more cases - they're meant to be freed, people :D ) would have to buy 5 or 6 extra expensive figures to make this happen - and would of course be ugly about it because it's money above and beyond what they were going to spend, had the promo not come along.

It would be ideal for me though. I'm planning on having a healthy number of those packages recycled between now and Christmas. :)

OH, I see now! You know, that never would've occurred to me. I intend to buy one of each figure (maybe multiples of any army bulider types), open them all and toss the packaging. That being said, I really wish they would do an old school type mail-in figure promotion anyway.

I don't have a closet opener in me, and it's a good thing as he'd probably always be fighting with the normal opener in me over who gets to open the toys! ;)

jjreason
06-28-2004, 02:57 PM
I "came out" in 1998 :D , but always harkened back to the days of the old mail in offers (Star Wars and GI Joe - which had a pretty good point redemption catalogue system going). I have saved every proof of purchase, flag point, Jedi Master Point, etc. since.

mastermatt24
06-28-2004, 04:40 PM
My Little pony has just started there second mail away promo. (My girlfriend collects them).
Right.... ;)

dindae
06-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Right.... ;)

The best defense is a good offense. If I make sure she has all the new ponies then she can't complain about me getting all the new Star Wars figures. :D

mastermatt24
06-28-2004, 11:10 PM
The best defense is a good offense. If I make sure she has all the new ponies then she can't complain about me getting all the new Star Wars figures. :D
Hey.. Thats a good idea! :crazed:

Kyle Katarn
07-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Well I went to a convention and there were some OTC figures and vehicles, so I bought the X-Wing and Luke X-Wing Pilot.

Rayzor Fett
07-06-2004, 06:15 PM
i was at the walmart on johnson ferry rd in marietta and they have the whole OTC wave there
its too bad lucas ****ed me off with rehashes of old figures for the last 2 years or i would have cleaned the pegs
they are still waiting if you so desire
godspeed my friends

earl
07-06-2004, 11:44 PM
OTC Figs now out Walmart Gilroy California! :)

sluray
07-08-2004, 03:38 PM
I found some of Wave 7 at Wal Mart this morning. I missed out on Yoda and Obi-Wan. My brother found Wave 8 at another Wal Mart. I love the packages. It makes me forget how bad the figures are, like the Luke in the X-Wing gear for example. Oh well I am happy that I found them. I want that Lobot and Cloud Car Pilot.

Kidhuman
07-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Wave 7 showed up in my stores today. Sold out while i was in the store. I went back to look after initially looking, and they were gone.

Also wave 9 showed up at my door this morning. Glad I pre-ordered these as they seem to be flying out of the stores.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-08-2004, 04:23 PM
I found all 11 at my local WM last night (UT). Some genius stocker instead of taking off the trillion CS Anakins from the pegs put all the figures on the top shelf so I managed to get 11 (I missed the Jedi Luke). I guess there's one of each plus an extra Biker Scout. I've heard that the case is labeled Wave 7.25.

Nice packaging, but the repacks are getting ridiculous. I guess it wouldn't matter as much if the distribution was better and pegwarmers were at a minimum.

Kidhuman
07-08-2004, 04:52 PM
It is actually case(wave) 9 that they had. There is no 7.25. The Jedi Luke is nice as I got that figure today. It is basically the same as the one released earlier this year, but with the hood down.

Reefer Shark
07-08-2004, 08:43 PM
I didn't find any in any stores today, but my small order from BBTS came in. Damn sweet packaging, I'd say this is the best design we've seen from Hasbro. All my buddies at work were "ooo'ing & aaa'ing" over 'em, and they're not even into SW figures.

I think I actualy like these as much as the vintage Kenner cards. :smoker:

Hellboy
07-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Personally I like this card design better than the VOTC cards. The cool thing about the Vintage cards is the big picture but I never cared for the coffin style blister. With the OTC cards I think Hasbro has really taken the best of each style and rolled it into one. The whole layout is really impressive and I wouldn't change a thing about them.