PDA

View Full Version : New TIE Set

aceguide
06-18-2004, 09:29 AM
Anyone planning on purchasing this set? $69 for three TIE's sounds alright, and with the new ship could be cool.

Kidhuman
06-18-2004, 10:43 AM
If its three tie fighters, I might get it. WOuld have to see how big they are.

DGFD
06-18-2004, 10:48 AM
There are four tie fighters in this set. You can see a full picture of this set at Eurobricks.com. Link listed below.

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=133&

Looks like Lego has an expnded universe license now.

LusiferSam
06-18-2004, 11:02 AM
The two TIE fighters look like the same design as 7146. Vader's TIE is clearly a different design. As for me getting it, this BS of the flesh colored mini-figures has cast a very black cloud over Lego (for me). At this point I'll say yes.

Kidhuman
06-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Looks like I will be getting this as well. 4 TIE's is good enolugh to justify 69 dollars. AS for the flesh colored mini's, who cares, just sit them in the TIES and call it a day.

Ji'dai
06-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I'll be getting it. Probably will be a S@H exclusive though, so no finding it on sale or clearance at retail.

Kidhuman
06-18-2004, 06:56 PM
It is also list on SWshop.com

dindae
06-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Kinda disappointing. I would rather just had the droid fighter for $20 since the others have already been released.

JediTricks
06-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Looking at the pictures, I noticed that not only is the DV TIE a new design, but the TIE Fighters also have a small change as well (new wing shapes in the center front and back of each panel). Pretty neat, but still outside my financial situation for 3 vehicles I already have and 1 I don't really want.

DGFD
06-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone preordered this from starwars.com. I think I am going to wait until it comes to lego shop at home unless they give hyperspace members a discount. I must say, this is the first set that I really have considered not getting, but I have every other lego product, so I must get this one to be complete. I really hope lego brings something amazing out for the holidays since this year has been pretty disappointing.:dis:

dindae
06-21-2004, 08:08 AM
I agree. Having done most of the ships I think they are running low on ideas. I would be happy with some more minifig sets.

LusiferSam
06-21-2004, 11:17 AM
I really hope lego brings something amazing out for the holidays since this year has been pretty disappointing.:dis:
Now that you mention it, this has been pretty disappointing year for Lego. And not just for SW sets, I mean all around. Last year I think Lego put out some of the best sets in years. But now this year, I can't say I've been happy with anything Lego has done.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Now that you mention it, this has been pretty disappointing year for Lego. And not just for SW sets, I mean all around. Last year I think Lego put out some of the best sets in years. But now this year, I can't say I've been happy with anything Lego has done.

Ditto. Everything we've gotten has been a rehash this year with a few new things thrown in, like the Dewback. That being the case, I'll still get this set because I didn't get the DV TIE or regular TIE the first time around. I like this DV ship better because of the flip top. The DF I could do without. I'll probably use it for spare parts to make an imperial base or hangar.