PDA

View Full Version : Vintage OTC Stormtrooper

Deoxyribonucleic
06-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Has ANYONE seen any pictures of this phantom figure? I am extremely curious as to how Hasbro is going to improve this guy for the vintage line.

The same goes for the VOTC Boba Fett.

I wonder if they'll use parts from other figures already made, like Bossk, or if these figures will in fact be all new sculpts as promised.

If they are all new sculpts, and with what I've already seen from the other VOTC figures, I am in fact very excited about these two figures especially!

:Ogre:

Devo
06-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Just so I'm clear these VOTC are the super-articulated classic characters aren't they? Well obviously the stormtrooper needs beefier torso armour and the ability to grip and aim the rifle with two hands - SA clone trooper articulation. I think the commtech troopers helmet is the best they're likely to get. The belt on the commtech trooper is also sufficient methinks.

A new Boba Fett needs the ability to have a neutral standing pose with rifle grippable with both hands for the Star destroyer scene. For me it doesn't need super articulation because the 300th figure Boba Fett is a great action pose. They'd compliment eachother nicely.

Jay86
06-20-2004, 05:04 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2971&zoneid=2

I do believe that is the SA Stormtrooper towards the bottom there :)

DarthQuack
06-20-2004, 05:26 PM
That's a pretty sweet poster. :)

Bobajames
06-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Those are all too sweet. i just cant get over the way the packaging is for these.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Does anyone have an actual picture of that? It's for Adobe and I don't have that, so maybe someone could change it to a JPG and post it here?

DarthQuack
06-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Does anyone have an actual picture of that? It's for Adobe and I don't have that, so maybe someone could change it to a JPG and post it here?
I think you can download a free copy of it from www.adobe.com (http://www.adobe.com) its awesome quality over JPG anyday. That's just my 2 cents though!

Kidhuman
06-20-2004, 10:49 PM
The picture is the 12" trooper and Fett.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-20-2004, 11:46 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2971&zoneid=2

I do believe that is the SA Stormtrooper towards the bottom there :)

Thanks for THAT! That's the first I've seen of it...now for a more detailed picture ;)

jjreason
06-21-2004, 03:10 AM
The picture is the 12" trooper and Fett.

That was my first thought as well, but look again.... the SA vintage jobbies are tidily placed in with the bottom row of basic OTC figures - with Chewie, Boba and R2 all blacked out on the right side.

Wasn't there a bigger picture of the SA stormie on the cover of Lee's Toy Review last month? I thought that picture was posted in here somewhere?

JEDIpartner
06-22-2004, 10:10 AM
It looks like the articulation will be based on the SA Clonetrooper articulation. Nicely done. Can I just say that the VOTC Threepio is going to be the best Threepio ever?!!!

jjreason
06-22-2004, 04:00 PM
3PO I'm really looking forward to as well, that Ultra figure with the escape pod doesn't look to bad, but he scared the hell out of me. I tried to bend his legs up so he could sit on the back of my Landspeeder, and both legs came off at the hip! :eek: Thank crikey they went back on without incident.

Beast
06-22-2004, 04:21 PM
There's a recent Action Figure News and Toy Review that shows the upcoming 'OTC Stormtrooper' figure on the front of it. Hell if I know how to find it, but I know it's on the board somewhere. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
06-22-2004, 05:20 PM
The VOTC Stormtrooper is right next to the VOTC Darth Vader. I think there are plenty of areas to improve upon the CTC Stormtrooper, to include: better articulation (the CTC articulation was okay, but not much of it was very useful for action poses), more accurate helmet and thicken up the torso a little (I think Hasbro was overcompensating for the 1995 Stormtrooper).

DNA: the Saga Bossk is an all-new sculpt. I've compared him side by side with the POTF2 version and they don't share any common parts. It's just that the Saga version is an overall improvement on a figure that was nearly perfect to begin with.

I isolated out the new Stormtrooper figure from the rest of that poster:

Deoxyribonucleic
06-22-2004, 05:30 PM
WOW!

I didn't think they could improve SO much on the comm tech stormy, but they did!

This looks GREAT! Thanks for the more detailed shot BB, I can't wait to have this guy in my collection.

Unfortunaltey, he'll be more of a "show piece" than an army builder for me since he's twice the amount of a regular fig...but still, I'll try to get a few at least :)

jjreason
06-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Great job on the pic, BigB. When I opened the whole poster my resolution was way worse than that - and the pic was a lot smaller. Looks to be a stunning figure, absolutely bang on.

Hellboy
06-22-2004, 06:51 PM
This is hands down the figure I'm most excited about in the new Vintatge line. Hopefully he'll be as good as the super articulated Clone Trooper.

Even though he's twice as much as a standard figure I'll be picking up as many as I can get my hands on. :D

Kidhuman
06-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Looks great. Thanks BigB.

Devo
06-22-2004, 11:16 PM
TBH I prefer the commtech's helmet.

Reefer Shark
06-23-2004, 12:02 AM
Thanks for blowing up the pic bigbarada,
I'm really looking forward to the figure, but I think I agree with Devo. The CT stormys helmet looks like it may be more acurate.

On the Saga Bossk: I could be wrong, but after comparing 'em, it seemed to me that they have the same torso. New arms, legs, head, and gun though (which does make it an almost completely different figure). :smoker:

Lazer Brain
06-23-2004, 12:52 PM
stomtrooper will be on my list for sure, looks loike he might be a hard to find one to come.
later

bigbarada
06-23-2004, 01:30 PM
On the Saga Bossk: I could be wrong, but after comparing 'em, it seemed to me that they have the same torso. New arms, legs, head, and gun though (which does make it an almost completely different figure). :smoker:

They might have retooled the torso slightly, in the same way they retooled the Jabba Glob to make him into the Saga Deluxe Jabba.

If I was to criticize anything about this new Stormtrooper, then I would say that his eyes might be a little too big. Other than that he is essentially perfect (didja know that this is only the third standard Stormtrooper sculpt since 1995? It seems like we've had so many more than that).