PDA

View Full Version : Three simple words (well, four actually)

darthdeogg
06-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Four really simple words:

DOES JAR JAR DIE.

Elliejabbapop
06-22-2004, 05:25 AM
Maybe, it's not my main interest. you know, in the first one I quite liked himlol

JEDIpartner
06-22-2004, 09:58 AM
He's less annoying and Jar-jarring as time wears on.

Jay86
06-22-2004, 03:13 PM
I could care less if he died or not....his role was smaller in Episode 2 because of all the childish complaining and whatnot, and from the sounds of it his role in Episode 3 isnt any bigger. Doesnt really matter to me though, if I watch a movie I can tune out anything I dislike. The most positive thing about most any SW movie is that at least if theres one or two characters that are annoying, the rest of the movie is either story-wise captivating, visually amazing, or just too damn good to quit watching, so its worth it, reguardless of whether Jar Jar's in it or not.

Pendo
06-23-2004, 10:03 AM
George has said that he doesn't!

PENDO!

Darth Alex
06-23-2004, 07:13 PM
I don't think he does from what I've read around the net, but I also don't think his role is as big as the one in Ep2.

scruffziller
06-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Well maybe not EPS 3, but who knows what happens between eps 3 and eps 4.

bigbarada
06-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Whether it's well-deserved or not, it seems that Jar Jar has become the posterchild for everything that people dislike about CG characters. (Maybe Garfield will take his place soon. :sur: )

But, I doubt Lucas would kill him off just to satisfy a few fanboys. My nephews love Jar Jar (in fact my oldest nephew's first words were "Jar Jar") and I suspect a lot of kids too young to frequent these boards right now really like the character.

Who knows if they'll still like him when they're 30 but I'm sure that the people who passionately hate the character are in the minority (the average person probably doesn't care enough to feel strongly one way or the other).

I liked his character in Ep1 and I was disappointed that Lucas caved and cut down his role in Ep2 (although linking Jar Jar with the Emperor's rise to power was pretty cool).

I'm pretty sure that we'll see Jar Jar in a couple of Senate scenes in Ep3 and that will be the end of it. :cry: