PDA

View Full Version : Lucas says we know the title for Ep. 3

B'Omarr Monkey
06-22-2004, 01:11 AM
I just found this on the Science Fiction News of the Week site:

Lucas Teases Episode III Title

Star Wars: Episode III director George Lucas told USA Today that fans have already guessed the upcoming prequel's titleóbut added that he won't announce it until November, when the first trailer hits theaters. The guesses include Rise of the Empire, but Lucas told the newspaper: "No, that's not it."

Is it Revenge of the Sith? Lucas smiled knowingly, backed away and teased the newspaper: "That's a possibility. Lots of titles out there." Episode III opens in May 2005.

Darth Jax
06-22-2004, 01:49 AM
Spoiler thread. this was already discussed there.

jjreason
06-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Having NOT read the spoiler thread linked to above, I don't know whether or not the official title has been leaked or not. I don't mind "Revenge" of the Sith, but I don't really feel like I know what they have to avenge? I saw a pretty nice custom General Grievous figure on ebay the other day, the write-up of which claimed he was from the upcoming movie "Rise" of the Sith. I kind of like Rise better, as I think it's more fitting. I'd say we're pretty close to having the "of the Sith" part 100% for sure, but anything can happen. Shouldn't the official announcement be happening here at any time?

bigbarada
06-22-2004, 05:09 PM
"Dawn of the 50 Foot Sith Lords"?

That would be my guess. :)

Droid
06-22-2004, 05:23 PM
The Epiosde II title was announced on August 1, 2001. We likely won't know the title this summer. And the quote that is given above said Lucas won't reveal the title until the first trailer, so maybe he's waiting longer this time.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-22-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm trying to stay spoiler free for Episode 3, so I did not check the spoiler section for any similar threads. My apologies if I should not have posted this here, but I didn't think there was any spoiler present.