PDA

View Full Version : Bragging Rights

TeeEye7
06-22-2004, 05:30 AM
My county has the first licensed inland space port in the nation!

It's X-ceptional!!

Woo-Hoo! :crazed:

Exhaust Port
06-22-2004, 04:10 PM
My county has the first licensed inland space port in the nation!
I see that it was exchanged for grammar education. ;)

What consitutes a licensed inland space port? Everything the Russians have done is waaaaayyyyy inland.

JediTricks
06-22-2004, 04:41 PM
It's not licensed, they're SPACE PIRATES!!!!
Arrr, Comrade!!! :Pirate:

(seriously though, I have no idea, but SpaceShipOne getting into space kicks arse!)

InsaneJediGirl
06-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Yeah,just wait until something blows up then see how happy you are ;)

Bobby Fett
06-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Big deal!

My county had a library until someone stole the book.

darthvyn
06-23-2004, 07:55 AM
It's not licensed, they're [b]
(seriously though, I have no idea, but SpaceShipOne getting into space kicks arse!)

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/sso_rutan_archive.html

i had no idea about this! holy crap, that's cool!

now, where's my gall darned flying car!

Jay86
06-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Up until yesterday I had been waiting for SpaceShipOne to blast into space for so long. I really must say, the past year has been amazing for me. We've found water on Mars (this is a lot bigger a find than you'd think), and we as humans have taken our first step into the Space Age Era. Those are the things I'll look back on when I'm older and I'll be proud to say I was around to witness it. Anybody catch Burt Rutan and Mike Melvill on Leno last night? I dunno about anyone else, but that whole interview was the kind that gave me chills (the oddly good kind) and really gave me something amazing to look forward to. Now I know what people felt back in the 60's when Yuri Gagarin orbitted the Earth and man landed on the moon. And to think, Scaled Composites isnt even the only team competing for the X-Prize! There are 27 or so other teams all developing and working for the same thing as Rutans co.!!! But its definitely private companies and kids today who have an interest in doing this that'll get us there. For far too long have people relied on NASA to do everything. Its amazing to see people just working together to conquer such an amazing thing.

TeeEye7
06-24-2004, 02:10 AM
What consitutes a licensed inland space port?

We stood in line at the DMV longer than anyone else! ;)

TeeEye7
10-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Burt Rutan now has 10 million reasons to brag! :p

Exhaust Port
10-05-2004, 07:22 AM
Very cool accomplishment. Perhaps this event will have the same implications on travel that the Wright Brothers had.