PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Celebration III?

JEDIpartner
06-22-2004, 11:04 AM
That's the question. I am only looking for "affirmatives" on this thread. Please do not answer if you are not going and do not post any discussions here as you can post that in the Celebration III thread. I guess I am trying to get a head count as to how many SSG'ers will be in Indy next year. I think this may help us organise some sort of function on one of the evenings of the convention. You can always have your name removed from the list in the event you cannot attend.

I will do a periodic check on the thread and make a list of the most recent postings. Thanks for your cooperation!!!

JEDIpartner
06-22-2004, 11:05 AM
I'm going!

mericen
06-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Hopefully I will

Kidhuman
06-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Me, me , me , me :beard:

Tonysmo
06-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Im going. oh yes. I shall indeed be there!

Grievous
06-24-2004, 01:27 PM
I am going, I can't wait!!!

Jedi Teacher
06-24-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm going. It'd be great to meet many of you! :)

dr_evazan22
06-25-2004, 06:01 PM
I'm going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Greivous, Jedi Teacher, welcome to SSG!

JediTricks
06-25-2004, 06:50 PM
I think it's funny that Evazan22 is welcoming Jedi Teacher when Teacher has been a member for 2 more months than Evazan! ;)

I'm officially not going, have to work. :(

Kidhuman
06-25-2004, 08:39 PM
I think it's funny that Evazan22 is welcoming Jedi Teacher when Teacher has been a member for 2 more months than Evazan! ;)

And Grevious is JabbaJohnL. so he gaffed twice. :D

dr_evazan22
06-25-2004, 11:44 PM
How about that?! lol. Well, welcome back JabbaJohnL! And Jedi Teacher, I only looked at his post count. I figured he'd beena busy beaver now that the Pit is open.

Kidhuman
06-26-2004, 02:17 AM
I do believe that the Pit doesnt count towards posts.

JEDIpartner
06-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Cut the chatter...

Kidhuman
06-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Yes sir, back on topic, I will be there with the wifey.

JediBoulton
07-14-2004, 08:44 AM
I just made reservations yesterday for all four days.

www.iccrd.com is an interesting site. This is where the convention will be held. There are links to Starwars and the Celebration on this site also.

A point of interest -- I called one of the hotels that is attached via skywalk to the convention center to get some info. They said they has some rooms for $169 for Thursday night -- but would be $189 fr the other two. The website had the same room for $135 for all three nights. Guess which one I picked.

If going to stay close -- check the website and also call to see if you can get a better deal.

I will see you all there hopefully -- maybe meet for dinner or something -- that would be awsome!!

Now -- the next question is -- when can we buy celebration tickets?!?!?!

Kidhuman
07-14-2004, 08:58 AM
I too reserved a room for me and the Mrs. I got one about 12 miles out of town for 62 bucks a night. I dont mind driving in a little bit or perhaps hopping on a shuttle bus at the time.

Tickets will be announced on the official site when they are ready.

dindae
07-16-2004, 08:28 AM
I will be going. Haven't made a resevation yet. Don't know if the girlfriend will come. She came to meet Warwick Davis and Carrie Fisher last time. She actually sat with Kenny Baker and his wife while I got the other autographs. Strangely enough I didn't get Kenny's then. So while she had fun without the draw of someone like Carrie Fisher I don't know if she will come. Standing in line for seven hours for Fisher was not fun for her. At this point I think I will be there the whole duration. We should definately set up an afterparty somewhere.

JEDIpartner
08-04-2004, 03:58 PM
JEDIpartnr
Kidhuman (with wife)
Mericen (possibly)
Tonysmo
Grievous
Jedi Teacher
Dr Evazan22
JediBoulton
dindae

...get signed up here for the next head count!!!

dindae
08-04-2004, 10:34 PM
On starwars.com they stated they booked hundreds of rooms for people going to the con to release later. More than likely it will be some sort of package deal.

Kidhuman
08-04-2004, 11:22 PM
I do believe The 'Xir is going as well JP

JEDIpartner
08-09-2004, 03:04 PM
I will add him on the next list! Thank you, KH!

scruffziller
08-10-2004, 07:39 AM
Me, my brother and possiblly a couple of my friends.

JEDIpartner
08-10-2004, 09:19 AM
JEDIpartnr
Kidhuman (with wife)
Mericen (possibly)
Tonysmo
Grievous
Jedi Teacher
Dr Evazan22
JediBoulton
dindae
Tycho
The 'Xir
Scruffziller (with brother & possibly friends)

dr_evazan22
08-12-2004, 03:57 PM
And add my bro also.

OC47150
08-16-2004, 01:18 PM
I will be there, as well as my buddy, who's gone (survived is more like it) C1 and C2.

We already have hotel reservations but hope to get a better rate through the fan club.

Dave_Cameron
08-18-2004, 12:08 PM
My son and I are definitely going now.

JediBoulton
08-24-2004, 10:53 PM
My wife just informed me that she was going also -- she doesnt want to miss what may possibly be the LAST Celebration. I knew I married her for some reason :)

Hope she aint checking this site. -- haha,

DTMAN
09-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Hello.
Right now, I plan to attend. Curious how it will change or add esp. since they are using the whole Center.

Hopefully, it will be as good as C2 with problems fixed from it.

Thank you.

jedi master sal
09-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Count me in. I'm also bringing my fiancee.
(I'll be hanging alot with the Fanforce group I belong to, but plan on making a special jaunt over to the SSG booth, if Steve gets one)
In an event, I hope to meet a lot of you guys. Especially those old timers that I've been talking to for years here, but have never met and in most cases never seen before.

As the time gets close and we get a clearer picture of the layout of the convention, we can plan on meeting up. Would be nice to have an SSG members dinner.

-Sal

Darth Grifter
09-27-2004, 12:14 AM
hey forumites! i know i don't post here much but i'm going. making my rez tomorrow. hoping for something close since i'm flying in from oregon...:)

JEDIpartner
09-27-2004, 11:16 AM
JEDIpartnr
Kidhuman (with wife)
Mericen (possibly)
Tonysmo
Grievous
Jedi Teacher
Dr Evazan22 (and brother)
JediBoulton (and wife)
dindae
Tycho
The 'Xir
OC41750 (and friend)
Dave_Cameron (and son)
DTMAN
Jedi Master Sal (and fiancee)
Darth Grifter (welcome aboard!)

bobafett07728
09-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Don't know how I haven't posted in this thread yet . . .

I'll be going for the four days, and my older brother will be coming along as well. Can't wait to see some of you in the flesh!!!!!

CooLJoE
09-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Yup, I'll be there. Haven't signed up for the passes yet nor the Hotel room, but am going to do that shortly. Hopefully we don't have to pay for the Hotel room right away, as I don't have that money right now. Only have enough for FanClub membership and show registration.

Is Steve getting a booth this year? Would be fun to meet up with other SSG'rs at the show and afterwards as well.

Tonysmo
10-04-2004, 03:29 AM
I've purchased the tkts.. so Im good for that Friday. Yup, one day. I think it'll be plenty though Id like to hang longer..( heh.. wouldnt we all.. )

**cough** so anyway. I'll have my son, and a buddy and his son with me. Hope we can all hang for a bit in one spot.. we certainly have the time to figure it out..

see ya'll there!

CooLJoE
10-06-2004, 01:54 AM
Aww Tony, I was hopin to hang out with ya for a bit. Well atleast we can do that at the show.

Anyone know if SirSteve is getting a booth there? We could all schedule to meet up at a certain time at his booth on Friday or something like that.

My friend and I are going to be there all 4 days (or atleast we have a pass for all 4 days, we could end up leaving early if work or something comes up...quite a ways away, so who knows what will happen). We'll probably check out the city while we're there since we've never been to Indianapolis.

I think someone mentioned it before in this thread or another, but a good idea would be to go to dinner somewhere and hangout. Think you can stay that long Tony? Would be fun to get a bunch of us SSG'rs together for some food, drinks (no bars...there will be kids), and laughs.

Tonysmo
10-06-2004, 02:38 AM
Im certainly down for a nice dinner party with everyone. I think that Friday night would be a great time to do so. Something decent of course. not over the top, but not mcy d's either..

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2004, 04:28 PM
JP, go ahead and delete my old name Grievous from the list, and add my current (and original) name. Just so we're clear, we're one and the same, but I think this name is more recognizable than my other one.

I think I'll be getting tickets soon, I'm going with my parents.

And yeah, no bars, I want to meet you guys, but I'll only be 15 then.

greengoblin3825
10-13-2004, 01:18 AM
Count me, wife and brother in

gsr-jedi
10-18-2004, 12:45 AM
thought I had posted in this thread, but I'm going.

JediBoulton
10-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Dont know if this is ok to do or not -- but here is some great news from STARWARS.COM on a "Fan Club" area that is going to be available at CEL III --
Star Wars fans from all over the world will gather in the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis April 21 -- 24, 2005 to celebrate the coming premiere of Episode III Revenge of the Sith, and to share the excitement of Celebration III with other fans. To help Star Wars enthusiasts enjoy the show together, Lucasfilm and Gen Con LLC will set aside a special Star Wars fan area with free exhibit space for a limited number of clubs and groups that qualify.

Here is someplace we can have a "get-together" to plan stuff??

CooLJoE
10-23-2004, 11:09 PM
If I understand that correctly, its for clubs to have a space of their own to meet up, talk with other fans, etc.

SirSteve'sGuide should get a spot there unless SirSteve already has a spot somewhere.

The 'Xir
12-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Man lots of activity over here Eh boys? I've been out of it for about 2-3 months, for those that are going to celebIII, have y'all talked more about or actually have solid plans for making a road trip out of it? Picking up one another?, heading out as a group?, or meeting up once we get out there? I'm up for being a driver, so let me know what you guys have already planned or what you might like to plan! I lost my cell phone, so for now anyone can email me @ al45sixsir@aol.com Hope to here from ya soon, and MTFBWY...Always

:D IT'S ONLY 4 MONTHS AWAY!!! :D :crazed: hehehee

dr_evazan22
12-29-2004, 07:23 AM
I got an email that there was a post, but I don't see it here.

Could this be a resurrected DeadEye / Anakin2121? Any other thoughts?

stillakid
12-29-2004, 09:04 AM
I got an email that there was a post, but I don't see it here.

Could this be a resurrected DeadEye / Anakin2121? Any other thoughts?

I got a slew of inappropriate notifications. Somebody hates JediTricks for sure. :sur:

JediTricks
12-31-2004, 12:19 AM
Don't worry stilla, that same person gave you a little hate in another thread as well. :p

stillakid
12-31-2004, 02:17 AM
Don't worry stilla, that same person gave you a little hate in another thread as well. :p
Yeah, I read it. It's nice to know that I have the power to affect others. :D

JEDIpartner
01-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Stop the chatter... this is a head count only thread and you blokes are messin' it all up!! ;)

JEDIpartner
01-13-2005, 07:44 PM
JEDIpartnr
Kidhuman (with wife)
Mericen (possibly)
Mr. JabbaJohnL
Jedi Teacher
Dr Evazan22 (and brother)
JediBoulton (and wife)
dindae
Tycho
The 'Xir
OC41750 (and friend)
Dave_Cameron (and son)
DTMAN
Jedi Master Sal (and fiancee)
Darth Grifter
BobaFett07728 (and brother) ;)
CooLJoE
Tonysmo (with son & son's friend)
greengoblin3825 (with wife & brother)
gsr-jedi

bobafett07728
01-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Great job keeping up with the headcount JEDIpartnr, if you'd like you can put my brother down in parenthesis next to my name. He'll be coming along, and will also tag along with any SirSteve's gettogether we have. Can't wait for the Celebration to begin!!!

CooLJoE
01-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah my best friend is going wth me. We'll be dressed as Jedi (Won't be able to get my Stormtrooper outfit in time for the show :(. But I'll still have fun as a Jedi )

sith_killer_99
01-20-2005, 10:37 AM
I will also be attending. My wife and daughter will be there with me at least one of the days.

JediBoulton
01-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Does anyone have any Hotel Discount Info that they would like to share. The Club said that they are giving a hotel # to get special pricing -- but does anyone know to where ?? I am looking for a discount to the Crown Plaza ??? DOes anyone have any details ??

gsr-jedi
01-27-2005, 10:50 PM
To get the hotel #, you have to pay for your ticket. Then they have a list of hotels that have rooms available still and at what price. You have to go through Gencon, not the hotel itself though. I think my mom called, and found a cancellation at the Omni; that might be your best bet.

plo koon 200
01-28-2005, 12:15 AM
I plan on going but I want to know if anyone would please be willing to share a hotel room/split the cost.

Heck, if a few people want to split the cost I wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor. The cheaper the hotel the better. The hotel is like the pricest thing about going to CIII, besides spending money on all the exclusive junk.

dindae
01-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Hey plo koon, I may be up for splitting a room. I'm waiting to see the guest list before I solidify my plans though.

plo koon 200
01-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Thanks. Be sure to let me know what is going on. Please PM once you know everything. I really appreciate it.

Dark Knight
01-31-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm going. thank you thank you thank you.

QLD
02-08-2005, 05:30 PM
I bought my tickets last night.

I'll be going with my friend 12" Lando who comes here occassionally, and we are bringing our wives as well.

Now I just gotta find a hotel room. GenCon site said they are all out.

OC47150
02-09-2005, 07:16 AM
If you don't mind driving 15 minutes or so, try on the outskirts of town. If you're familiar with Indy, around the 465 interchange and further back. The hotels may be cheaper out there.

bobafrett
02-09-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure if I'll be going or not. I was going to use my 1 week of vacation time for this event, but my mom has been given 3 to 6 months to live, so I may use my vacation time to go North to see her.

OC47150
02-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Family's more important than a convention. Go home and be with mom.

QLD
02-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, I got a hotel room!

I called the GenCon hotel number, and got on the waiting list this morning. Around 4 hours later, they called me back with an available room! Sweet!

I'll be staying at the Columbia Club on Monument Circle, about 6 blocks away from the convention center. Not too bad a walk. And the place looks absolutely gorgeous! It ought to for $125 a night, but still, it looks like it will be a really nice hotel.

bobafrett
02-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Family's more important than a convention. Go home and be with mom.

I'm leaving in about 8 hours to go see my mom. I'll talk it over with the rest of my family, including my mom, to see shat they think is best.

Dar' Argol
02-13-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm going!!!!!

Along with a friend of mine!! can't wait . . . . . .

Dar' Argol
02-28-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm going!!!!!

Along with a friend of mine!! can't wait . . . . . .

Actually, scratch my friend going . . he can't . . .

BUT, I'm going!!!!! :D

jonthejedi
03-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Has anyone received their 4-day badges yet? I double checked my registration again on the CIII site, and my 4-day badge profile mysteriously changed from "Ship To Me" to "Will Call." I didn't do this, and needless to say I wasn't happy...so I shot off an e-mail to Gen Con. I preordered back in Sept. of 2004.

OC47150
03-09-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm curious to know what Gen Con's response will be. Their customer service department and skills are minimal, at best. I haven't received a satisfactory answer on some of the emails I've sent.

dr_evazan22
03-09-2005, 05:55 PM
I emailed them last night aboutt he same topic. They referred me to the FAQ (instead of just telling me this when I was registering) which said that they will be mailed out in late March. It was a quick response though.

Jayspawn
03-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I've not heard of anybody recieving their Passes yet. Should be sometime this month now.

OC47150
03-10-2005, 07:02 AM
In this electronic world, sites like GenCon need to list a phone number where you can talk to an actual person. I know they'd be deluged with phone calls, but a phone contact would be nice.

Jayspawn
03-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Yeah it really stinks that you cant pick up the phone these days and talk to a real person. Everything has to be automated! Curse it! Everytime I get a message -I find a way to speak to somebody in person to get real information.

OC47150
03-10-2005, 09:35 AM
There's so many web sites that don't list phone numbers any more. I was trying to get a back issue of a magazine. They listed a fax number, so I faxed them and said call me about an order.

(That was almost 2 months ago and still don't have the magazine.)

CooLJoE
03-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Has anyone received their 4-day badges yet? I double checked my registration again on the CIII site, and my 4-day badge profile mysteriously changed from "Ship To Me" to "Will Call." I didn't do this, and needless to say I wasn't happy...so I shot off an e-mail to Gen Con. I preordered back in Sept. of 2004.

Where did you see this on their site?

I checked my registration details and it just lists the items I've purchased, with no mention of how I will get them. I'm curious because I chose "ship to me" as well, but can't see it listed anywhere.

sluray
03-16-2005, 10:05 AM
I am going!

Dialogus
03-17-2005, 04:24 AM
Count me in guys!

Didn't go to CI & CII but will definately not miss this one. This is gonna be one heck of an experience for sure!!!

jonthejedi
03-17-2005, 02:58 PM
CoolJoe..that notation I made about "ship to me" was not with the "view your registrations" section but the personal "profile" category(user name, password, mailing address, e-mail, etc. You have to go into the actual registration part on CIII.com. I don't know? GenCon sent me an email that everything was fine(badges would still be shipped), but offered no explanation as to how it happened. Noone knows my username & password but me, or so I thought. My theory is that it somehow clicked over(changed, maybe?) when I ordered the CIII Celebration at Celebration party tickets. Those have to be picked up at a will call booth. All I know is I'm trying to avoid standing in line any more than I have to...but I guess it's inevitable! Still haven't received my badges...or Insider #81 either. Md. must be the snail mail capitol of the U.S.

Darth Grifter
03-17-2005, 05:13 PM
woohooooo!:D:D:D:D:D

i'm soo pumped because today i got my badge in the mail...this just ups my level of anticipation for the con having all my stuff in hand. wow! i still can't believe that i'm going to this, but i'm so excited to see everything and experience this once in a lifetime celebration! can't wait to meet some of you guys as well...excuse me while i jump for joy! :D:D:D

jonthejedi
03-18-2005, 03:31 PM
CoolJoe...there is hope...my badges showed up today for my wife & I(were shipped 3/15). Now if my Insider #81 would show up from IDG!!!

CooLJoE
03-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Cool. Good to hear they still shipped them to you.

Unfortunately, I have not recieved mine nor has my friend thats going with me. I'm guessing I'll get mine tomorrow or during next week.

jonthejedi
03-19-2005, 09:20 AM
All fingers & toes crossed for luck, for you and all other SSG Forumites!

haggis
03-19-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm going. My first SW Celebration. Looking forward to the 8+hour drive. woohoo.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Looks like all systems are a go for CIII!

I am currently working out details, but it looks like I'll be tagging along with a few members of SSG, including 'the Xir'.

bobafrett
03-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Sorry I have to miss this then. I'll be tapped out after April 2nd anyway.

JediBoulton
03-24-2005, 07:37 AM
:dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:
BAD NEWS -- I am going to have to cancel my plans to CIII -- Due to circumstances beyond my control.

I sure will miss you guys -- The Mrs. and I were looking forward to meeting all of you for the first time -- not to mention seeing all of the cool stuff.

Someone please say Hi to all the Cast members for us and also touch a CIII Vader Figure fo me -- as this will yet be another great figure slip from my grasp :( :(

Everyone have a GREAT TIME -- and BE SAFE !!

Kidhuman
03-24-2005, 08:38 AM
I felt the same way JediB. I had to cancel as well because of my car breaking down.

eddie-wan-kenobi
03-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Me and three others from my Fan Force group are driving up from North Carolina Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Staying at the Embassy Suites.
Cant wait.

QLD
03-28-2005, 11:32 AM
If for some reason, someone can't go to CIII, and they have tickets for the breakfast, I will be HAPPY to buy them from you. :)

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-30-2005, 09:10 AM
I have a questions for all those who have gone before -

Are major credit cards accepted at this event? I mean, when you have to buy autograph tickets, the ex. Vader, and whatever else there is you need to pay for, do they accept plastic?

Thanks for any help.

dindae
03-30-2005, 09:17 AM
I believe that the official store and autograph area took plastic. Most vendors will but they are independant so its possible they won't.

mm74md
04-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Anyone going to CIII who doesn't collect the Mini Busts, I would be so grateful if you could pick one up form.

PM me if you would be willing to work something out.

Thanks!

Ramy
04-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I need a Celebration III Darth Vader if someone could pick one up for me I would be very grateful.

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-08-2005, 09:36 AM
I know this will sound pretty bad, but at past celebrations was there anyone scalping the Hyperspace items outside of the convention? I really want a lanyard..................

Bantha274
04-12-2005, 05:46 PM
I'll be there all four days with my wife and a friend.

1 week, 2 days to go!

Dialogus
04-18-2005, 01:53 AM
I'm leaving right now, a 16 hours roadtrip :crazed: !!

Look for that guy walking around with the black & brown EpI cap!

I wish everyone of u guys one helluvatime at CIII!! See y'a there!