PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini Donates Cars to Police

stillakid
06-22-2004, 01:06 PM
http://www.modernracer.com/autonews/autonews.html

A Lamborghini Gallardo has been donated to the Italian State Police (Polizia di Stato) by Automobili Lamborghini SpA. The V10, 500 bhp 190 mph performance car has been liveried in the colours of the state police and includes a siren and flashing lights on the roof. This is the first time that a Lamborghini will be used by Italian police. The Gallardo police car will be used by the traffic police (Polizia Stradale) during emergency situations on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria highway in southern Italy. In addition to standard police equipment and a number plate recognition system, the Gallardo is equipped with first aid equipment including defibrillator apparatus. The car will also be used to transport plasma and human organs for transplant.

kool-aid killer
06-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Did they say why this police force was given the car aside from the "emergancy situations" cited in the article (perhaps they had a lot of high speed chases?) or was it just a PR move? Either way its a nice looking car, i wouldnt mind being pulled over by one.

Slicker
11-28-2006, 07:52 PM
I hear ya KAK.

I like how it'll be used to transport plasma and organs. Imagine getting into a crash and the paramedics find 2 spleens and 3 lungs all over the freeway yet only one person in the car. Hilarity would definitely ensue.

CaptainSolo1138
11-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Damn, Slick, you're killing me tonight! Did Santa bring you a new shovel for Christmas?

2-1B
11-28-2006, 10:18 PM
The car will also be used to transport plasma and human organs for transplant.

Do the people driving these deathtraps know that their organs are about to be harvested? That's convenient.