PDA

View Full Version : Men and hair pride...

JEDIpartner
06-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Okay... so I saw this musclehead at the gym today. He was probably in his early 40s. He was tan. He was pretty pumped looking. He had all of the hair on his body shaved off and he still had this dire piece of rug on his head. You know the kind I'm talking about... kinda feathery but conical up front but the edges are pasted to the forehead. It was sad...

So my question is... if you are comfortable shaving every last bit of hair off of your body, why would you be so inclined to leave that sad rag on top? Considering the "bald look" is so popular with people who still have their hair... why not just go with it? He looked absolutely silly.

Exhaust Port
06-22-2004, 04:04 PM
If you're vain enough to shave your whole body then you're vain enough to wear a hair piece.

Droid
06-22-2004, 04:19 PM
When you say all of the hair on his body shaved off...

Bacta Beast
06-22-2004, 06:22 PM
You don't know what it's like!!!!!

Bosskman
06-22-2004, 06:43 PM
I shave my head once a week with a Mach 3. If I ever get the money, I'm getting all my body and facial hair lasered off. I hate it. I'm not really even that hairy to begin with. It's not about looks at all for me, but about comfort, and maintenance. Bout time someone started a thread like this.

InsaneJediGirl
06-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Maybe he thinks it looks good.Everyone else knows its bad but already feel too sorry for the guy to bother to tell him.

Kidhuman
06-22-2004, 09:02 PM
I dunno, I am the opposite. I shave my head and have a hairy body. Italian blood does these things.

Dr Zoltar
06-22-2004, 11:09 PM
I dunno, I am the opposite. I shave my head and have a hairy body. Italian blood does these things.
Tell me about it. I'm 50% Italian and have to maintain just to look normal. Right after I shave, I still have that damn Homer Simpson grey area of stubble on my face. And I take precautions so I don't get unibrow or ear hair that is several inches long.

sith_killer_99
06-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Italian blood makes you shave your head? :crazed:

Hehehe...

I don't know, personally I am on the bald band wagon, unfortunatly I didn't realize how popular it was until after I shaved my head.

Darth Jax
06-23-2004, 12:00 AM
it doesn't run exclusively with the italian heritage. i have similar problems and come from an italian-free bloodline.

even with artificial baldness being so popular, there are those of us that just don't look good that way. do to the quickly receding hairline i possess i'll soon be faced with a similar dilemma, go with the sorry looking rug or bare the abnormally shaped dome.

Tonysmo
06-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Im on a personal crusade to bring back Mullets. Im still trying to figure out which one I want. The classic Billy Ray Cyrus mullet.. the ol Kentucky waterfall.. I dunno. what I do know is its taking on a life of its own :crazed:

sith_killer_99
06-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Speaking of mullets, have you seen "Chronicles of Riddick"? You know that Captain (with the caniving wife) he had his sides shaved and the back was kinda tapered. I think you should go with that mullet. :D

arctangent
06-23-2004, 05:47 AM
i wear my hair long, usually tied back in a ponytail, but as i gradually approach my 40th year its starting to receed a bit. when it gets too bad i am going to shave my head and save a fortune in shampoo :D !

however their is something decidely wrong and unnatural about a man who would shave off his body hair. if that's how you are naturally, fair enough but otherwise its just plain wierd. besides, it would take more than a razor to get rid of my hairy legs!

Kidhuman
06-23-2004, 07:38 AM
Not only do you save a fortune in shampoo, but you get about 20 minutes extra of sleep,because you do not have to style your hair and blow dry and etc etc.

JEDIpartner
06-23-2004, 08:05 AM
:p

My feeling is that if you are going to bother shaving it all off... get rid of the piece, man. That's just silly.

What else is silly is that this other bodybuilder at the gym does the same thing... but has a full head of hair. The thing is... when he turns around he's got these really hairy lats! :crazed: If you are going shave it off... make sure you shave it off the area where it would be least likely you'd have hair if you weren't hairy anywhere else!

jeddah
06-23-2004, 11:34 AM
:p
The thing is... when he turns around he's got these really hairy lats! :crazed: If you are going shave it off... make sure you shave it off the area where it would be least likely you'd have hair if you weren't hairy anywhere else!

lol lol lol

That is so true and so funny. Shame there's no pukey smiley ;)

I spend a fortune on my hair. I swing from canerows to braids month to month so I end up sitting in a chair for 2-4 hours (depending on the design) for canerows or 7 hours for braids.

But then I look divINE afterwards :D Too bad I'll lose my hair to traction alopecia :nerv:

jeddah

JEDIpartner
06-23-2004, 12:12 PM
You know what they say about "alopecia"? Your hair gets a permanent wave... "BYE BYE!" :D

;)

Deoxyribonucleic
06-23-2004, 01:28 PM
it doesn't run exclusively with the italian heritage. i have similar problems and come from an italian-free bloodline.

even with artificial baldness being so popular, there are those of us that just don't look good that way. do to the quickly receding hairline i possess i'll soon be faced with a similar dilemma, go with the sorry looking rug or bare the abnormally shaped dome.

Just don't go for the "comb-over", especially on a breezy day ;)

Hey, can we talk about bikini lines? That's my dilemma :p lol

Seriously, I think bald guys are sexy, always have, always will...Vin Diesel does something strange to my insides. :eek:

JEDIpartner
06-23-2004, 02:06 PM
:)

Hold still... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-p!!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
06-23-2004, 02:32 PM
:)

Hold still... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-p!!!!

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

sith_killer_99
06-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Seriously, I think bald guys are sexy, always have, always will...Vin Diesel does something strange to my insides.

Well then this one's for you... ;)

Check out my post in OTC hitting the stores thread (forums won't let me load the same pic in 2 different threads...stupid rulez).

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=24262

LTBasker
06-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Seriously, I think bald guys are sexy, always have, always will...Vin Diesel does something strange to my insides :eek:

Maybe you just had too much of that gin you've been swilling? lol

Devo
06-30-2004, 11:14 AM
I hear mixed messages on what women think of body hair. Some sources will say that 'most' women like it and others say that 'most' don't like it at all. Since I have body hair I'm going to go along with the former. Keep it if you've got it I say...except back hair. Theres universal agreement that back hair looks nasty. But dammit I've got frontal hair growth that is just right, not too much and not too little and its staying. A waxed chest is for musclemen with tans who may or may not be gay. No one is going to persuade me to get rid of the carpet. Its the one shred of masculinity i've got :D

JON9000
06-30-2004, 01:06 PM
I'm getting all my body and facial hair lasered off. I hate it. I'm not really even that hairy to begin with. It's not about looks at all for me, but about comfort, and maintenance.

Including your eyebrows? :eek:

JEDIpartner
06-30-2004, 02:04 PM
We can call him "Whoopi Bosskman"!

Deoxyribonucleic
06-30-2004, 10:42 PM
We can call him "Whoopi Bosskman"!

What's up with THAT anyway...does she shave 'em or just not have 'em?