PDA

View Full Version : Army Builders

vader121
06-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Who else went completely bonkers :crazed: and bought up tons and tons of Stormtroopers, Snow Troopers, At St drivers, etc. when they were clearanced several years ago? I know I did and have lost count of the Stormtroopers, etc. I have. Someday I plan on making the Emperor's Arrival but may end up using vintage instead and selling these off.

mastermatt24
06-24-2004, 12:40 PM
I rember I was almost estactic to find THREE at st pilots :crazed: at KB that were on clearence a few years ago, but I never found any troopers.. :cry:

Val Da Car
06-24-2004, 03:48 PM
I ended up picking up two sets of the fan club 4 pack specials for stormtroopers right before Wizards shut down.

I wanted more and never pulled the trigger until the HOF wave came out (same trooper, new packaging except for the black neck) but I am very pleased. with the CT Stormie.

ACPin
06-24-2004, 08:51 PM
I was able to take advantage of the clearance sales as shown in my dioramas. The first time I saw them TRU had them dumped in the bins and there were several R2D2s with Holo Leias. I remember taking a cart full and there were two more bins that I didn't bother to go through. Though I called a couple of my friends and they were also able to take advantage of the clearance sale. There was also a time when the AT-ATs were on sale for $15 each at TRU and they had them stacked at least 50. Got a few and so did my friends.

mastermatt24
06-24-2004, 09:07 PM
There was also a time when the AT-ATs were on sale for $15 each at TRU and they had them stacked at least 50. Got a few and so did my friends.
WOW!!!!!! dang. I whish I would have been there, thats a wonderfull deal. :cry: :cry: :(

Val Da Car
06-24-2004, 11:29 PM
I picked up in Jan 2003 about 40 figures (Tusken, R2-D2's) from kbtoys.com for $1.27 each and 9 Obi Wan Jedi Starfighters for $4.97 ea

Darkross
06-29-2004, 10:56 AM
The best I ever did was stopping at every TRU store between NB and NH and picking up tons of Stormtroopers and Snowtroopers etc... for $2.99 each. At the time I was new to collecting and couldn't find these guys anywhere in Canada...so I was happy to find them. They had bins upon bins full of DS Troopers (that I passed on too)...argh!

mastermatt24
06-29-2004, 08:27 PM
The best I ever did was stopping at every TRU store between NB and NH and picking up tons of Stormtroopers and Snowtroopers etc... for $2.99 each. At the time I was new to collecting and couldn't find these guys anywhere in Canada...so I was happy to find them. They had bins upon bins full of DS Troopers (that I passed on too)...argh!
You really went all the way from Nebraska to Newhapshire? (I spelt NH wrong)

jjreason
06-30-2004, 12:51 AM
By "NB", Darkross meant New Brunswick - the Province of Canada directly east of Quebec (not to put words in your mouth, Darkross).

I bought a good number of Snowtroopers and Stormtroopers, Royal Guards, etc. Now I'm in a dilemma - those POTF2 Stormies just don't cut the mustard anymore. I'm thinking of off loading them and the Royal guards to raise a little money for the rest of the year's stuff.

Darkross
06-30-2004, 06:28 AM
By "NB", Darkross meant New Brunswick - the Province of Canada directly east of Quebec (not to put words in your mouth, Darkross).

Exactly...never been to Nebraska. New Hampshire is a good place to find everything.

Hellboy
07-17-2004, 04:28 PM
I picked up 10 sets of the Stormtrooper fan club 4-packs back when Wizards was offering a free set for every 4 you purchased. Each set was $17.99 so in the end I payed $3.60 per figure. All of those went into my Emperor's arrival diorama.