PDA

View Full Version : Rarest POTJ?

snakeplkn
12-18-2001, 10:37 AM
I was thinking that unlike the EU line and the end of Episode I, POTJ has not yet seen any major shortages ... yet. However I would say the Clean Biker Scout has been hard to find. Any other figures have escaped your grasp (not counting FX-7 and beyond)?

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

JEDIpartner
12-18-2001, 10:47 AM
I was thinking Lando, Tessek, "pleasure tongue" Jar-Jar and R2-Q5 were pretty rare, but then Lando and Tessek started showing up all over the country last month. So... does that leave us with old Jar-Jar again?:confused:

JediCole
12-18-2001, 11:06 AM
R2-Q5 would be the one that springs to mind. I have yet to see one on open shelves. I had to buy mine on eBay. Of course in this area we are experiencing another Star Wars toy drought. I have yet to see the second wave Deluxe figures or any of the FX-7 wave. If anyone out there can hook me up with these at department store retail prices plus shipping, please let me know! I'm sure Sith Worm would want to get in on that too.

Wolfwood319
12-18-2001, 11:13 AM
Survey says: R2-Q5!

Also, the clean version of scout trooper was tough. I've heard reports/rumors/incoherent ramblings that its been rereleased, but only time will tell.

Also, I've personally never seen Fode&Beed or a Sebulba, but that's just me.

Sidiously Darth
12-18-2001, 11:14 AM
I have to agree w/ the R2-Q5. I think I may have seen one on a peg.

QLD
12-18-2001, 11:38 AM
I guess I am just lucky. I have found all of them on the pegs. Usually without much looking.

Starfig873
12-18-2001, 11:51 AM
Me too QLD. I was able to find all the figures on pegs...but that was mainly me. My Oklahoma collector bretherin seemed to have some trouble finding R2-Q5....

LTBasker
12-18-2001, 12:50 PM
Well if you mean variants, I'd say .0300 R2-Q5, but just figures in general, it's really hard to say, I've had to resort to a number of places to get my figs because my Wal-Mart (The nearest non wal-mart store is 17+ miles, and that's TARGET of all places. :mad: ) is hardly ordering anything anymore unless it's not SW then it's ordered by the billions. I've still yet to see the Palm Talker figs.

Anyway, I'd have to guess either R2-Q5, Clean Biker Scout, or the Rebel Trooper.

Lord Malakite
12-18-2001, 01:35 PM
LtBasker, I know what you mean. Of all the stores around me, Biggs, Wal-Mart, Toys R' Us, Target, etc., only a small, locally owned, used video game store carries any of the newer waves. Everyone else is still choking on the early waves of Episode I, POTJ, and even Freeze Frame POTF2, so they have refused to buy anything else.
Unfortunatly, by being locally owned, the store dosen't have the funds to get every new wave.

Rocket X
12-18-2001, 04:52 PM
I think the R2-Q5 was easy to find in the south.

TheBigSloppy
12-18-2001, 06:51 PM
Masters of the Darkside two-pack? I have never seen this. PERIOD.

Then comes Clean Biker Scout. (Never found in stores)

Then comes R2-Q5. (Bought at Target; have only ever seen one. And that's the one I own).

snakeplkn
12-18-2001, 09:12 PM
Good old R2-Q5, I saw him once and there were 2 of them. As for clean Biker Scout, had to get mine via a trade, and that was from Canada. Concerning Masters of the Darkside, at Wal-Mart last Christmas several came in, was not at all impressed, never did buy or see again as well. How many Darth Mauls and Darth Vaders do people want?

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-18-2001, 09:32 PM
The contenders for the rarest POTJ seem to be R2-Q5, the Clean Scout and the Sandtrooper. I have seen all of them at retail at some time or another, but not for long. I bought the R2 the first time I saw him, passed on a Sandtrooper (and later regretted it) and the Scout.

I had an opportunity to buy Clean scouts for 8 bucks U.S. at a Canadian comic store but passed on it because I needed a General and a Hooded Leia which I got at the same price.

My only voids in POTJ have been the earlier releases: Security Droid, Chewie Dejarik (passed on him and a Sandtrooper at a Wal-Mart to get Fode and Beed :dead: ) and Mas Amedda. I am also lacking a Jar Jar tongue which I have seen many times but always had other priorities. And now I can't find him :( although my hopes are up because I hear reports of him showing up around the country. :)

TheBigSloppy
12-18-2001, 09:56 PM
Saesee Tinn, Plo Koon (they seem to get the most cash on sleazeBay)
First release Gungan Warrior, Jek Porkins
What about Rorworr?

I would have to agree that Fode and Beed, Sebulba could be the sleeper amongst rare POTJ.

However, Sandtrooper seems to be perty common now that Hasbro has rereleased him with the repacks.

Jayspawn
12-19-2001, 09:57 AM
I have to agree with TheBigSloppy. Masters of the Dark Side 2-Pack was by FAR the hardest to get. I got lucky and won one from Brian's Toys (Thank you so much Brian's Toys!!!) I never, ever saw one on a store shelf. Even though I went EVERY day looking for it.

JEDIpartner
12-19-2001, 10:07 AM
You know... I have to agree with you JaySpawn. I didn't even THINK of the 2-pack. I was really just thinking of single figures, all of which seem to have had pretty good distribution in the Cleveland, Ohio area... save for the initial Tessek/Lando wave. I saw ONE very smashed up Dark Side 2-pack here about 6 months ago. It was so messed up I couldn't believe the store had the nerve to put it back up on the peg. I'm actually surprised the mangled packaging would even ALLOW it to stay hung on the peg! Needless to say, I passed on that one and haven't been able to find it since. Oh, well. :(

xboywonder
12-19-2001, 10:09 AM
It's really weird... because I was able to find all of these without too much trouble... I guess I got lucky.

I would say the hardest though was R2-Q5... people love R2s.

jedi master sal
12-19-2001, 11:35 AM
Mine was the blue/yellow R2.

What was it....

R2-B1?

My fiancee just happened to be at a K Mart and looked behind all of the "usual suspects" and found him hidding in the back. I have never actually seen him in stores myself. If not for her persistence, I would not have had this marvel of a repaint droid.

ChronicJedi
12-19-2001, 09:21 PM
Well here in Canada I managed to find almost all of them at retail, which is a big surprise as Hasbro Canada didn't enter the POTJ fray until just before the Theed Amidala wave. We did however get most of the previous figures on U.S. cards with french stickers stuck on them. The only ones I ever had to trade for was a Leia General and Battle Droid. There were Clean Scouts and R2-Q5's aplenty at my Wal-Mart. However, my MOTDS 2-pack cost me $30+ U.S. on eBay, it was never released here. Does anyone know how many MOTDS were made? It seems that it was only in stores for a very brief stint. Out of the 54 carded POTJ I have so far my vote goes to the MOTDS 2-pack. As for Rorworr, I got him for less than the "suggested retail price" and there are still a few Invasion of Theed games collecting dust at the Hobby shop I bought it at, more than a year later!

jawa9
12-20-2001, 12:42 AM
R2-Q5 for sure is the hardest one to find here. In fact, I haven't seen that whole wave of figures more than twice since it's release (picked up a second R2 for good measure). And I visit 40 Wal-Marts during a three week period because of my job. The next hardest would have been the Sith Apprentice Darth Maul. Then the Clean and Dirty Biker Scouts.

TeeEye7
12-20-2001, 05:08 AM
Rarest POTJ fig?

Are we talking in terms of numbers produced.....or Hasbro's crummy distribution practices? :p

humsup
12-21-2001, 04:09 AM
The hardest to find POTJ in this part of the Earth is Theed Amidala and Saesae Tiin. I guess this wave never really arrive here. Its a pain trying to find them and I'm still putting in effort and ...... hope

evenflow
12-21-2001, 07:45 AM
I dont think that there is just one POTJ figure that can be considered the rarest. If anything i will say that these next 3 waves will be the rarest.

TheBigSloppy
12-21-2001, 09:56 AM
I don't think the next waves will be as difficult to find as everyone thinks. I already bought the FX-7 wave and Amanaman wave. Usually it takes months for these to show in stores in my neck of the woods. Their presence is a good sign and may be an indication that there will be enough to go around. . .

General Veers
12-21-2001, 06:23 PM
R2-Q5 without a doubt is hardest to find around here.

hamsterboy
12-29-2001, 01:23 AM
Looks like with TRU getting more of the little suckers in,R2-Q5 has been dethroned. I'm going with the 300th Edition of Boba Fett myself.(could be wrong.)

jedibear
12-29-2001, 02:53 AM
Actually, Hasbro has done pretty well with the POTJ banner at getting stuff out there....as far as single-carded figures go anyway.
Sloppy's right...the one POTJ piece I NEVER saw at retail here in the NorCal/Northbay was that aforementioned "Masters of the DarkSide" 2-pack. Finally ordered one online (and it came non-mint...oh, well).

I'm glad that the two deluxe assortments were easily availible...in fact, around here, they're starting to sit.

I think that when the POTJ banner finally comes to a close that the hardest figures to find will be any figure released at the end of the 4th quarter (the FX-7 wave, the Eeth Koth wave) and whatever assortment is scheduled for the month before AOTC. (Or any figure released on the "transition cards" [the ones with no force files])....

If we all remember, those fourth quarter figures (the last ones of the calander year) have always been tougher finds. POTF2: Admiral Motti, Hood-up Leia...EpOne: HoloSidious, Royal Guard...POTJ: Teebo, Bo Sheck? We'll see.......

Emperor Howdy
01-02-2002, 03:30 AM
Tessek, for me....