PDA

View Full Version : OTC Falcon availability?

JEDIpartner
06-24-2004, 09:11 AM
Some people are allegedly finding this out on the west coast but Amazon is still listing this as a pre-order for release on July 25th. Does anyone have any information on this?

JEDIpartner
06-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

bigbarada
06-25-2004, 01:13 PM
I have no clue, but when you do find out, please let the rest of us know. This is probably the only reissued vehicle I want (primarily because I'm hoping that they finally fixed the issue with the figures not fitting in the cockpit).

My big question though has to do with the light up engines on the back of the vehicle. Did Hasbro have to sacrifice the interior compartment (the part with the chess table) in order to make room for these electronics? If so, that might be a major factor in whether I want this vehicle or not.

Kidhuman
06-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Dunno either, I havent even seen the DV Tie Fighter and such as of yet.(ANd I went a looking today)

JEDIpartner
06-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Apparently Entertainment Earth has this and it's shipping as of Monday from that place. I think they are getting things in early as my partner had me order wave 16 or The Simpsons and those were supposed to ship in August and they showed up earlier this week.

*shrug*

Still no definite answer on the retail situation.

I just ordered it and saved myself the trouble :rolleyes:

As far as the engines go, it appears that the light compartment has been placed in the area where the "empty" spot in back used to be. There was about an inch or so between the edge and the place where the stickers went that is no longer there. The main hold appears to be identical to the original. This was all based off of the prototype and the back of the box.

Kidhuman
06-26-2004, 10:15 PM
If they got the Falcon, maybe they will have my OTC case.

Turbowars
06-26-2004, 11:37 PM
If they got the Falcon, maybe they will have my OTC case.Don;t get your hopes up, but you might be right. One thing that EE does is fills the 1st orders and doesn't tell anyone that they got the shippment in, so you need to check your order status once a day.

Darth Alex
06-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Some people are allegedly finding this out on the west coast but Amazon is still listing this as a pre-order for release on July 25th. Does anyone have any information on this?
July 25th appears to be the drop date for Amazon & TRU.
The TRU near me (Williamsport, PA) has been really cool and helpful looking things up lately. Politely ask, and they are more than happy to look something up. With other sites posting the Falcon being found at TRUs, I called today and the TRU computer had 7/25/04 as the release date. Sometimes they have amounts of cases ordered for the NE PA region, like they did with the Vader TIE, but no amounts this time.
Locally, this TRU is a week behind in getting the Vader TIE, got the OTC TIE/X-wing unexpectedly(wasn't in the database) and as I posted in the 12" section has 8/25 as the drop date for the OTC 12"ers.

My guess is the Falcom will show up anytime now.
I want to find out when Sam's Club will get theirs-if it's a good price I'll get it there just to keep the 2 exclusive figures in the cockpit!

Kidhuman
06-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Don;t get your hopes up, but you might be right. One thing that EE does is fills the 1st orders and doesn't tell anyone that they got the shippment in, so you need to check your order status once a day.

Think I havent since June 1st? :beard:

bigbarada
06-28-2004, 01:32 PM
My guess is the Falcom will show up anytime now.
I want to find out when Sam's Club will get theirs-if it's a good price I'll get it there just to keep the 2 exclusive figures in the cockpit!

Exclusive figures? What exclusive figures?? :confused:

JEDIpartner
06-28-2004, 01:54 PM
It's just Chewie Mechanic and Han Flight to Alderaan or whatever the bloody hell they are calling those two figures this month.

Jay86
06-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Exclusive figures? What exclusive figures?? :confused:http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=47651 + what JEDIpartnr said ^

JEDIpartner
06-28-2004, 03:02 PM
...yeah. So don't get your panties in a bunch. :D

JEDIpartner
06-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Entertainment Earth: Item in stock. Credit Card Approved. CHING!!!! :D

bigbarada
06-28-2004, 04:46 PM
...yeah. So don't get your panties in a bunch. :D

I'm unbunching my panties as we speak. :D

JON9000
06-28-2004, 04:47 PM
My big question though has to do with the light up engines on the back of the vehicle. Did Hasbro have to sacrifice the interior compartment (the part with the chess table) in order to make room for these electronics? If so, that might be a major factor in whether I want this vehicle or not.

Has anybody seen a picture somewhere of the engines?

JEDIpartner
06-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Not yet... everyone who has reviewed this hasn't gone into detail but has said they just had to be seen to be believed.

And I'm glad you panties are currently unbunched. That's uncomfortable going through the day with a wad of material rubbing around in that area. :eek:

JON9000
06-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Not yet... everyone who has reviewed this hasn't gone into detail but has said they just had to be seen to be believed.

Aww crud. Now I have to get one. and I already have 2 Falcons, the vintage and the POTF. :greedy:

JEDIpartner
07-02-2004, 08:52 AM
Holy crap!!!! My Falcon is "out for delivery" per the UPS site! That was only four days!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!

Grievous
07-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Holy crap!!!! My Falcon is "out for delivery" per the UPS site! That was only four days!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!
Oooh cool! Please be sure and give us a review when it comes in!!! I can't wait to get this item. The light-up engine was already enough of a reason to get it, and they changed the cockpit and added a missile as well, which makes it even better!

JEDIpartner
07-02-2004, 12:20 PM
I will let you know ASAP. I had to make a quick stop home because the new driver is such a wanker and doesn't comprehend "no signature needed". I left him a note with my signature on it. I am NOT waiting to get this until next week. :)

JEDIpartner
07-02-2004, 03:29 PM
It arrived at 1:16pm... :D I can't wait to go home!!!!

Kidhuman
07-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Are ya home yet? Awaiting the word on this one.

sluray
07-09-2004, 02:04 PM
I heard some people are finding these at TRU. None at my local TRU (Toys R Us).

JEDIpartner
07-09-2004, 02:06 PM
I think that they are standing by their July 25th date. I feel these "finds" may be rumours. I got mine from Entertainment Earth and posted a review in the "Reviews" section.

Bosskman
07-09-2004, 02:16 PM
I wonder when they'll turn up in Canada.

dindae
07-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Anyone found this at Toys R Us yet? I've got a $10 off a $50 purchase coupon I've been saving for that puppy but it expires on the 18th.