PDA

View Full Version : Should Hasbro add a modern version of Romba to our collections?

Tycho
12-18-2001, 12:57 PM
Should Hasbro add a modern version of Romba to our collections?

With the long wait for many fans to get another Ewok action figure, TEEBO's break through into the early 2002 POTJ lineup was highly acclaimed by just about all of our readers!

Is it finally time for more Ewoks? You decide!

Then let's discuss your opinions here.

Wolfwood319
12-18-2001, 01:32 PM
Sure, make him, why not. But I don't want to have to buy individual ewoks. Make like 3-5 and put them in a boxed set or cinema scene or something.

jedi master sal
12-18-2001, 02:11 PM
I agree with Wolfwood319. A cinema scene would be great for these little guys. How about a village scene. don't put any people though cause then it would be the VILLAGE PEOPLE. okay I know bad joke.

bad jedi, bad jedi.

taps hand lightly as a sign of punishment.:D

Jargo
12-18-2001, 03:30 PM
Wow, popular thread. On my way in I noticed ten guests to the forums reading this. Romba must be a popular guy then. :)

I say release every single Ewok there ever was. All the un-named ones and the main ones - Romba, Lumat, Warok, Chief Chirpa. The mother Ewok with her Woklings and the Ewok with the Imperial helmet xylophone *nods toward Rollo Tomassi with a cheeky wink* The dead Ewok and the grieving friend. Give us every darned Ewok going and make them as sweet as the Teebo sculpt. Resculpt the existing Ewoks to match the quality of Teebo. Redo Paploo to have the same quality as Teebo. Redo the Ewok and glider, re-release the Ewok village playset with better detailing.
Give us the Ewok army!!

I'm done now :) :D :)

evenflow
12-18-2001, 03:36 PM
I think all the classic figures shoud be redone. :)

JediTricks
12-19-2001, 03:25 AM
There should be a poll option that says:
- Make a time machine, go back to 1980, and stop George Lucas from coming up with Ewoks; thus erasing all Ewok-based toys from our existance! altogether

GNT
12-19-2001, 06:51 AM
Hasbro should just make Prequel figures only now.

Personally I think Romba is ugly YUCK! I want new Prequel figures,no resculpts just plain new stuff :)

master jedi
12-19-2001, 03:30 PM
I think they should just concentrate(sp?) on the prequel figures for now. After episode 3 has come and gone then I think they should move out and do more.

DARTH DUBIOUS
12-20-2001, 03:51 PM
I think that there's room for everyone to get a little of what they want. The army builders have had a bit of a decent run just lately so how about giving a little elbow room to those folk who actually like the little fuzzballs and the Gungans and the Rebo band CGI edition etc. All fans are as valid as each other so why anyone should start getting hissy and demanding this that or the other is beyond me. that's just avarice talking that is. I'm happy for whatever to come out as long as it isn't endless rehashes of the same thing like astro droids and Darth maul. I think it's time we had a break from all of that and got something new and different in this current line up. So bring on the dancing Ewoks and may they all find happy homes.:D

stillakid
12-20-2001, 04:03 PM
The market for Ewoks of any kind might be limited right now, so it would useful and extra cool if a group of them were released as part of a Ewok Tree Village playset.

bigbarada
12-21-2001, 11:48 AM
At the very least we should get resculpts of the 8 vintage ewoks plus the glider, catapult and village. Easy enough to fix; we're getting Paploo with a speeder bike and Teebo is recognizable to sell individually carded, so...

Ewok Village with Chief Chirpa, resculpted Logray and Lumat pack-in
Ewok Glider with Warok
Ewok Catapult with Romba
Resculpted Wicket with Endor Leia (cloth poncho, removable helmet)

Then they can move on to never-before made Ewoks.

Wolfwood319
12-21-2001, 11:58 AM
Now that's an idea!

The Warok and Romba's can packaged as deluxe figures. And I wouldn't even mind an Ewok Village that's just the old mold with new paint job. I always liked the village, and I thought it was a good playset.

Tycho
02-25-2002, 02:36 PM
I too would love to see the Ewok Village, glider, and catapult given another look for the modern collection. Endor should not be forgotten.

I revitalized this poll thread so that many of you who are interested could see the first poll from this series (of 12 ?) and the overwhelmingly favorable results.

Other vintage not yet redone are:

1) Silver Death Star Droid

2) Blue Snaggletoothe - this one's complicated, as I'd like the Cloud City Snivvian-like alien in blue as an option since the vintage was actually created by a height and coloring mistake on Zutton back in 1979.

3) Hoth Rebel Ground Crew / TaunTaun Handler (the original soldier figure)

4) General Crix Madine

5) Human B-wing pilot from Red Squadron (the guy in the pilot 3-pack is an A-wing pilot from Red Squad, but actually not Arvel Crynyd who was from Green Squadron).

6) Klaatu (the green Nikto species orginally released with a furry kelt around his waist).

7) Black Bespin Security (maybe uniform buttoned up this time, but I wouldn't mind if we got it and all they did was a new head sculpt and new skin tone for the hands).

8) Cloud Car Pilot (maybe make 2 ethnic variations and put them with the darn vehicle by now! This doesn't have to be carded).

9) Chief Chirpa

10) Paploo (do you guys count that Wicket repaint? Resculpt Patrol was called to pull that guy on the speederbike over and check his I.D. Kenny R2D2 Baker plays Paploo and as a Star of Star Wars, he deserves better than this. It's nice if you need the ATST I suppose, but I'm skipping that and waiting for a righteous Paploo!)

11) Lumat - a catapult deluxe figure?

12) Warok - a glider deluxe figure?

Romba was obviously polled for in this thread, and was almost as highly supported as the Dignitary is in the poll I'm running when I typed this post.

Resculpts like Dengar and a debate about a Bespin Princess Leia are always possible, though I don't think I should include them in this poll program, as they have modern versions one way or another. Paploo is not carded however, and he is not a new sculpt as far as we've been able to tell.

Did I miss any vintage figures? Anything you guys want to add to the list, or with the 12 above plus Romba and the Dignitary, would we have the vintage set complete?

Beast
02-25-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Resculpts like Dengar and a debate about a Bespin Princess Leia are always possible, though I don't think I should include them in this poll program, as they have modern versions one way or another. Paploo is not carded however, and he is not a new sculpt as far as we've been able to tell.
I think you should include Princess Leia: Bespin gown on the list Tycho, since it wasn't released in the basic figure line. And was a pretty shoddy version of one of my favorite Leia outfits. And besides, every other figure in the "Princess Leia Collection" line had a regular figure release, it's time for Bespin Leia as well.

As for Dengar, that one can go either way. Is he an accurate representation of the scene the charecter is well known for? Frankly no, all the other Bounty Hunters appear just as they did in the meeting with Vader on his Star Destroyer. Except Dengar, they sculpted him without his backpack. But he should really appear in a "Who needs to be fixed from the POTF2 line" poll instead, alongside R5-D4. :D All the rest you listed are right on the money.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-01-2002, 04:36 PM
i think a Dengar resculpt is warranted based on his outrageously large hands and lack of backpack. The POTF figure was based on the SE ROTJ appearance and we need a new ESB version.

I think that we need to see the ewoks bolstered with at least the remaining vintage figures resculpted to give us the eight plus wicket repaints in the AT-ST and galaxy globe glider. I'd like to see the line give us the catapult and the helmet xylophone with ewok. A female ewok is iffy because you can't tell in ROTJ which ones are female and which are male as they all wear the same gear. It's only the ewok movies that apply the female 'dress' like clothing to ewoks. But a basket of woklings as a pack-in with a new ewok would be great.
I agree that kenny baker deserves a little more than being immortalised as a tin can and a hidious convention exclusive figure. have you seen the kenny baker action figure? *shudders* UGH! ugly as sin. So i think we need to see kenny get the Ewok tribute. Only fair really. A new kenny as jawa figure would be great too but that's for another thread.

More ewoks please and don't listen to Jeditricks, he just doesn't have the teddy bear gene. you aren't complete without the teddy bear gene. That's the gene that allows you to cry at E.T and watch girly weepy movies without feeling embarrassed. :D

Tycho
06-17-2003, 02:54 AM
We are finally getting more Ewoks with at least Chief Chirpa and possibly a mother Ewok with baby Wokling next year - not to mention the 12" Logray and his friend.

I wanted to refresh this poll in light of the Cloud Car Pilot being a focus of our newest poll, and see how we all still feel about Romba.

I still gotta have him again!