PDA

View Full Version : Regarding 2004 Saga Hoth Trooper

jjreason
06-25-2004, 04:00 AM
Just one question, gang. Who the heck let this guy out of the shop? I look at all the other 2004 figures on my shelf and think "Man, these are REALLY super great figures!" but then I pan left and see the tiny Hoth Rebel Soldier over at the left end of the line, and I marvel. He has no articulation to speak of. His face is goofy. He can't hold his gun in any way that would remotely resemble a firing OR carrying position that a normal person would use. He has way too much "Stanse" for one so diminutive. My other Hoth Rebel Troopers talk behind his back, and laugh at him. In fact, it's so bad that I actually heard that scamp General Madine asking my 2004 Hoth Luke whether or not it was "bring your kids to work day", while looking right at my poor 2004 Saga Hoth Rebel Soldier. Imagine how he felt.

Darth Alex
06-25-2004, 11:59 AM
That's funny.
The Hoth Trooper is the MOST made fun of figure at the comic shop I go to.
I found him the same day with Hoth Luke and R3PO and while the other 2 were seen as cool, the Trooper was not considered to even BE a SW figure. HAH!

Kidhuman
06-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Well it was probably bring your kid to work day at Hasbro when they made him.

bigbarada
06-25-2004, 03:49 PM
I've passed on this figure several times now. I originally wanted to get him to go along with R-3PO and General Rieekan, but then I look at him and just have to put him back on the peg. Terrible!

JediTricks
06-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah, the Hoth Trooper is really pitiful, there were only 5 Saga figures from '04 that I didn't get, even when I saw him for $3 on clearance. This figure is a waste of plastic, Hasbro can and has done much better than this, it's junk like this Hoth Trooper that gives the line a bad name.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-25-2004, 11:53 PM
The really sad thing is that if he had been done right, all those troop builders among us would be rejoicing, especially since these guys are pegwarming everywhere I look. I guess if you were doing some sort of forced perspective diorama he'd work, but otherwise....

Unfortunately, thanks to pee-wee here, we will probably never see another Hoth Rebel Trooper again. Word of who's warming the pegs must get back to Hasbro. When they learn that this guy isn't moving they'll think it's because nobody wants any soldier figures and not because he was made at some weird scale.

plo koon 200
06-26-2004, 12:39 PM
I actually think that R-3P0 was also a figure that could have been executed better. The other 20 figures are fantastic but R-3P0 while a figure never done before could have a had little more umpf like a pack in or something. But I agree the Hoth Trooper is really not up to par with this years figures that is why he is the first figure in the line. Hasbro wanted to trick us with what we would be getting this year.

evenflow
06-26-2004, 06:32 PM
It really is pitiful. I have not picked it up yet and see it every once and a while. I pick it up even carry it to pay for it but put it down right before I have too, I just cannot bring myself to buy it. Maybe when it goes on clearance.

Kidhuman
06-26-2004, 10:25 PM
This is one of the 3 loose figures I have. This one opened on accident when it fell off my wall. It is a horrible figure. The only position for his gun is slung over his shoulder. And even that looks horrid. Hasbro really goofed up on this one. Make us a brand new one Hasbro. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

RooJay
06-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Just one question, gang. Who the heck let this guy out of the shop? I look at all the other 2004 figures on my shelf and think "Man, these are REALLY super great figures!" but then I pan left and see the tiny Hoth Rebel Soldier over at the left end of the line, and I marvel. He has no articulation to speak of. His face is goofy. He can't hold his gun in any way that would remotely resemble a firing OR carrying position that a normal person would use. He has way too much "Stanse" for one so diminutive. My other Hoth Rebel Troopers talk behind his back, and laugh at him. In fact, it's so bad that I actually heard that scamp General Madine asking my 2004 Hoth Luke whether or not it was "bring your kids to work day", while looking right at my poor 2004 Saga Hoth Rebel Soldier. Imagine how he felt.

I'm sorry, what is "Stanse"? :confused:

jjreason
06-29-2004, 01:15 AM
"Stanse" is the name of Mabudon's fictional (I hope he's not reading this, he takes the bands ups and downs pretty personally :D ) all-action figure rock band - a play on the word "stance", I reckon. I thought the stance that they used for the Hoth Rebel Trooper only exacerbated the shortness of the figure, a more straight-legged pose may have had him almost looking normal when standing by the others. Han Solo - Hoth Rescue has the same affliction, but it doesn't hurt the figure in the same way in my opinion.

RooJay
06-30-2004, 08:13 PM
Oh, RIIIIGHT! I'd forgotten about Stanse! Carry on then. ;)

vadersvette
07-02-2004, 05:33 PM
The thing I hate more than his size is the lack of articulation! He can't even hold his rifle right. :rolleyes:

Ric Olie
07-04-2004, 11:15 PM
That Hoth midget has been warmer the pegs of my local Walmart since late January. I have the Hoth Trooper with the beard and the trooper that came with the laser dish so I'm content with those two.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-05-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm sure someone could use him for a diorama of the rebel alliance draft board.

"How old did you say you were, son?"

"Eighteen."

"What kind of idiot do you take me for? Fifteen, I might believe, but not eighteen. Go warm the pegs son, and come back after you've had a few birthdays. Next!"