PDA

View Full Version : Just Got the VOTC

tnswman
06-25-2004, 03:10 PM
WOW! Thanks to Alliance Collectibles, I just got the Han and Kenobi VOTC figures today. All I can say is that they are amazing . The detail on the figures and packaging are wonderful.

The photographs are very clear and crisp. The figures are something to be seen in hand. Both have wonderful likeness to the actors.

What is really nice is that the protective shell is very thin and compact. It is very strong and very nice.

I don't see how Hasbro can stop at the initial 12 figures. These are the ultimate figures.

jjreason
06-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Oh man! I know we're all jealous, but I for one am very releaved to hear that these are living up to the hype. Can't wait to get mine!

JEDIpartner
06-25-2004, 03:27 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

bigbarada
06-25-2004, 03:39 PM
I posted a review of the VOTC Han in the Reviews section, so feel free to add your own review over there. :)

I'm totally amazed at the quality of the sculpting on Han Solo, he is the perfect Star Wars action figure!

I'm chomping at the bit to see what the VOTC Chewie and Boba Fett will look like.

tnswman
06-25-2004, 03:47 PM
I can't imagine how amazing the Fett will be. I would also love to see Luke x-wing pilot, Luke Stormtrooper and an Emporer.

I was a little surprised to see that Han's vest is sculpted on him. It looks like its really a seperate item.

Hasbro is stupid if they dont take 4 figures from each of the PT movies and make a continuing series to tie everything together.

bigbarada
06-25-2004, 03:56 PM
I can't imagine how amazing the Fett will be. I would also love to see Luke x-wing pilot, Luke Stormtrooper and an Emporer.

I was a little surprised to see that Han's vest is sculpted on him. It looks like its really a seperate item.

Hasbro is stupid if they dont take 4 figures from each of the PT movies and make a continuing series to tie everything together.

While I am intrigued at the idea of seeing Prequel figures on vintage style packaging, I'm not sure if would want them. Who would you pick as the four from each film?

I would love to see a Han Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper and Grand Moff Tarkin on these "12-back" style cards, since they were never made in the vintage line.

Beast
06-25-2004, 04:11 PM
While I am intrigued at the idea of seeing Prequel figures on vintage style packaging, I'm not sure if would want them. Who would you pick as the four from each film?
Easy:

The Phantom Menace:
Darth Maul: Sith Lord
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Padawan
Padme Amidala: Celebration Gown
Qui-Gon Jinn: Jedi Master

Attack of the Clones:
Anakin Skywalker: Jedi Padawan
Count Dooku: Sith Lord
Jar Jar Binks: Senatorial Robes (Apartment Version)
Mace Windu: Jedi Master

Episode III:
Chewbacca: Wookie Warrior
Darth Vader: Rebirth
Emperor Palpatine: Rise of The Empire
General Grievous: Droid Commander

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

tnswman
06-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Thats a very hard decision. this could be fun :)

TPM
- Qui-gon
- Padme
- Anakin
- Darth Maul

AOTC
- Clone Trooper
- Dooku
- Yoda
- Jango Fett

ROTS ;)
- Anakin or Vader
- Kenobi
- Palpatine
- Grevious

Of course this leaves out Mace, Chewbacca, Jedi, Kaminos, etc...

However I do think that this VOTC style of sculpting will continue. The new Jedi Luke is pretty close to this style as is Dengar.

OC47150
06-25-2004, 04:47 PM
I'd like to see at least one new original figure in the pack. A senator could be added for each of the 3 prequels; a generic Naboo soldier/citizen for TPM. Something along those lines.

OC47150
06-25-2004, 04:49 PM
Getting back to the original thread topic, I am jealous you already have some of the new figs. It will still be awhile before they're in my area.

Ji'dai
06-25-2004, 05:42 PM
I'm debating whether or not to just order cases of these. Hopefully I'll be able to find them when they're released.

I'd rather they just stick to 12 total since these cost twice as much as basic figures.

vadersvette
06-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Man, I'm getting ants in my pants (seriously...ouch :p ) I can't wait for these to come out. And I wish Hasbro would release pictures of VROTJ figures already! :cry: :crazed:

Hellboy
06-25-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm debating whether or not to just order cases of these. Hopefully I'll be able to find them when they're released.

I was considering this too but because of the way the cases breakdown its hard to put a couple of sets together without purchasing quite a few cases and eventually ending up with many doubles.

Each wave contains 8 figures but instead of putting 2 of each of the characters into each case Hasbro has decided to pack them unevenly. :frus: If you were to order cases on Ent. Earth the first few waves would have....

Wave 1.0: 2 Han, 3 Luke, 2 Obi-Wan and 1 Leia
Wave 1.5: 3 Han, 3 Obi-Wan and 2 Leia
Wave 2.0: 2 Vader, 2 Yoda, 2 Lando, 1 Han and 1 Luke

With cases like these I think I'll take my chances at retail since I'll probably see them first there anyway.

Ji'dai
06-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Yep, the uneven case assortments is exactly why I've been reluctant to order the figures that way.

tnswman
06-26-2004, 01:17 AM
Thats exactly why I went with buying from on-line shops. I have found dozens for $11.99 and to me it is worth it to get what I want without worry or hastle.

Kidhuman
06-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Yep, the uneven case assortments is exactly why I've been reluctant to order the figures that way.

I just posted the case asst's. in the forum for it. There is one asst. that is worth getting. You get 7 of the twelve figures in it. The only double is 3PO. ANd if anyone wants my double of 3PO, PM me, I am looking for VOTC Lando or Fett for trade on it. The ones that are left out oare Lando and the ROTJ wave.

evenflow
06-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Cool to hear someone has them, here's hopoing Kebco gets them soon.

DGFD
06-27-2004, 01:32 AM
Hey evenflow, are you a member of kebco's one of every figure club? According to Deoxyribonucleic who is a member of Kebco's club, she had a bunch of the otc stuff ship and the first wave of the votc stuff ship. I am not a member either and my first wave of votc figures has been pending since June 11th, so much for that 7-10 day shipping estimate. Here is hoping to see that e-mail from Kebco saying that my order has shipped. By the way, the other half of the price of these figures were also already charged to my credit card.

JEDIpartner
06-27-2004, 01:39 AM
According to Deoxyribonucleic who is a member of Kebco's club, he had a bunch of the otc stuff ship and the first wave of the votc stuff ship.Just because she's a lesbian doesn't give you license to call her a "he"...

;)

:D

Kidhuman
06-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Just because she's a lesbian doesn't give you license to call her a "he"...

;)

:D
LMAO....that was a good one JP.

This will ship in tuime. Kebco and other places get theirs from overseas and pay air mail delivery, hence the higher price. If you wait, they will hit retail. EE has them slated for August and they get theirs shipped by sea, hence the cheaper price.

Darth Alex
06-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Man, I'm getting ants in my pants (seriously...ouch :p ) I can't wait for these to come out. And I wish Hasbro would release pictures of VROTJ figures already! :cry: :crazed:
My feelings, exactly. I never thought I'd get excited about another Episode 4 Han, but I really want the VOTC version.
And yeah, I REALLY want to see Chewie & R2 and ESPECIALLY Fett. Fett is gonna be great, I just know it!

bigbarada
06-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Well, since others are posting lists of "vintage" prequel figures, I'll post my ideas. Trying to follow the trend set in place by this first batch of figures (no alternate versions of the same figure) here goes:

Ep1:
Darth Maul
Qui-Gonn Jinn
Jar Jar Binks
Battle Droid

Ep2:
Count Dooku
Padme
Clonetrooper
Jango Fett

Ep3:
Obi-Wan