PDA

View Full Version : Why does Derek have Winona Ryder as his avatar?

Rollo Tomassi
12-16-2001, 02:27 AM
Why does Derek have Winona Ryder as his avatar??

Obi-Don
12-16-2001, 05:15 AM
Who cares,It looks good!

JediTricks
12-16-2001, 06:56 AM
Is it a show of faith in her after she got picked up for shoplifting and drug use this week in Beverly Hills?

derek
12-16-2001, 11:17 AM
i don't know about faith in her. actually i'm a bit perplexed. i have always been a big fan, and enjoyed most of her films, but why she would steal is beyond my understanding. either she's really bored and was trying to bring some excitement into her life, which is sad. or she's really messed up on drugs, which is also sad.

JediTricks
12-16-2001, 11:24 PM
They said she was on drugs, but her lawyer says it was a misunderstanding, nothing was stolen, it was paid for before she left, and the drugs were prescription. She was charged with removing anti-theft tags, which I find really surprising because I've seen huge guys wrestle with those and not succeed, yet this tiny girl somehow removes them with ease?

Rollo Tomassi
12-17-2001, 08:25 AM
It's a secret technique they teach rich people, JT...:p

GNT
12-17-2001, 05:41 PM
Every movie star is on "drugs" now...sheesh!

By bringing attention to herself by "shoplifting" it'll bring more attention to her so that she'll get a role in some cr@ppy movie later on...Her comeback is awaiting :)

derek
12-17-2001, 06:28 PM
it pains me to say it, because i'm a huge fan of hers, but she's been making crappy movies lately. (autum in new york and girl interrupted)

Emperor Howdy
12-17-2001, 11:52 PM
errr...not that she hasn't been IN some cool movies, but..umm.........

JediTricks
12-18-2001, 02:30 AM
Her "people" are changing their tune, they're now saying an unnamed director of an unnamed movie she is supposed to be working on "in the future" suggested she shoplift to get into character. ...And if you believe that, I've got a Death Star to sell you.

SWAFMAN
12-18-2001, 04:39 AM
an unnamed director of an unnamed movie she is supposed to be working on "in the future" suggested she shoplift to get into character. .

You're joking, right? No one really did suggest that, did they?

Damn, good thing she wasn't prepping for the sequel to Natural Born Killers or something!

Jargo
12-18-2001, 12:39 PM
removing security tags is easy if you have skinny little fingers. Big guys with shovels for hands won't be able to do it because they lack the neccesary dexterity and lightness of touch that us skinny people have ;) Not that I'd have experience of removing security tags or anything...........:sur: :Pirate: :greedy:

Rollo Tomassi
12-18-2001, 07:32 PM
I don't remember starting this as a new thread.:eek: but oh well.

derek
12-18-2001, 09:08 PM
she should of done her stealing at the dollar store instead of a glitzy rich folk shop. she could of stolen the whole dollar store and it wouldn't of been a felony.:)

JediTricks
12-19-2001, 02:52 AM
This director should have rented a store and hired some employees to run the store, then sent Winona in without knowing about this to shoplift. ;)

This beautiful Death Star space station has only 30 parsecs of hyperspace mileage on it, and its main superlaser has only been fired once! And since it took some minor damage while orbiting the Yavin system, we can lower the sticker price by 15%! Of course, once you pay for it, all sales are final. This Death Star requires minor assembly as it is in approximately 50 quadrillion vaporized pieces

2-1B
04-06-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by derek
it pains me to say it, because i'm a huge fan of hers, but she's been making crappy movies lately. (autum in new york and girl interrupted)

I saw the newest Mr. Deeds trailer, what do you think? She looked kinda cute in there, I hadn't seen her for awhile (I specifically avoided both films you
mentioned ;) )

Consider this the start of my "derek, bring back your Winona Ryder avatar" campaign. :D

Wolfwood319
04-06-2002, 08:58 PM
I think the real question at this time is why does Ceaser have a ricky m. avatar? It really is quit frightening.

derek
04-07-2002, 06:45 AM
caeser,

i always think winona looks good. i prefer longer hair as oposed to the short cut she has been wearing lately. but she did look good in that trailer.

my big problem here is that winona ryder is in an ADAM SANDLER film. is she having this much trouble getting work? i love adam sandler, i used to laugh so hard at him on SNL 10 years ago, but please, the girlfriend role in sandler's films are reserved for washed up actors like christy swanson.

winona is an oscar nominated actress who is still capable of good work. i fear she is making a mistake, in the same way charlie sheen made with a film like "hot shots". he too had a lot of potential, but seems to have wasted it.

what i'm really bumed about is my two favorites, winona and natalie portman were recently supposed to make a film together, but winona had to drop out because of her legal troubles, and natalie recently had a death in the family. bummer.:cry:

2-1B
04-07-2002, 01:07 PM
Hmmm . . . Sandler's movie girlfriends:

Kristy Swanson
Joey Lauren Adams
Drew Barrymore
Fairuza Balk
Patricia Arquette
Bridgette Wilson aka Mrs Pete Sampras

And now Winona and soon Marisa Tomei (in 2003 ? )

Okay, no argument there derek ! :D

So how's about bringing her back to the forums of SSG ? ? ? ? ?

derek
04-07-2002, 06:03 PM
caeser,

the only one in that list who has somewhat of a career is drew barrymore. she' OK, but no big deal. i guess all the "newer" young chicks are getting the better roles, or winona and marisa are looking to latch onto the adam sandler gravy train.:)

2-1B
04-07-2002, 09:29 PM
YEEEEEEEEE HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! :D :D :D

Winona's back! :) :happy:

Drew's alright, I think she was cool in Wedding Singer. I like Bridgette Wilson, but I don't know what she's done lately . . .

2-1B
08-31-2002, 04:16 AM
A better question would be, "Why does Derek have a picture of Ronald Reagan as his avatar?"

:eek:

Alright everybody, we did it before and we can do it again . . . I'm relaunching my "derek, bring back your Winona Ryder avatar" campaign. :D

rynobot
08-31-2002, 04:18 AM
Isn't she suppousling a "smart" chick.

scruffziller
09-01-2002, 04:45 PM
I couldn't tell who that was. I thought it was Marina Sirtis.

Eternal Padawan
09-02-2002, 08:27 AM
Can anyone define the word "suppousling" for me? I looked it up in the dictionary and it weren't there...

I LIKE derek's Reagan'tar! :)

ROLLO!

Rogue II
09-03-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Can anyone define the word "suppousling" for me? I looked it up in the dictionary and it weren't there...

I LIKE derek's Reagan'tar! :)

ROLLO!

I vote for Regan! 4 MORE YEARS!!! 4 MORE YEARS!!!:)

Isn't Winona Ryder being tried for shoplifting?:sur:

Eternal Padawan, I couldn't find "suppousling" either. ;) I did start an unpopular thread a while back(which was shut down) about the use (and butchering) of the English language in the forums. Several people wanted to tear my head off and poop down my neck. So, I try not to poke fun at that type stuff any more. I learned my lesson.:D ;)