PDA

View Full Version : Reissue CW case 3, please!

Darth Alex
06-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Since the animated CW series is gonna start up again before Ep3, I thought this would be a good topic to post.
I know VERY few people who have actually seen the SA Clonetrooper or even Kit and Tin from this case.
When the cartoon starts up again, then would be a PERFECT time to re-issue this case, put it out through say EE or starwarsshop.com.
And at the same time, even put out an exclusive SA Clonetrooper 4-pack...say, 2 like they were with the blaster and 2 like they were in the movie with the "rifle" from the Saga Red striped Clonetrooper.
Just a thought....

DarthQuack
06-27-2004, 11:48 PM
I think I would have to agree with you Alex on this idea. I personally only got to pick up the SA Clone through a trade with someone else and need the other figures as well.

Lazer Brain
06-28-2004, 04:58 PM
just a note... a fellow collector here in san antonio told me that he had found some 'clone wars' figures at a off market dollar store. he pick up a obi one and also found 2 red arc troopers! it was fantastic , he showed off the arc trooper it was ok but the bubble was a bit smashed. but, anyway i have started looking at some of the off stores that i know of to see if by chance that there is another sa trooper out there waiting for me.
later

plo koon 200
06-28-2004, 05:46 PM
If you see an extra SA Clonetrooper Lazer Brain could you please pick me one up. I will pay cost plus shipping. Also, if you see Kit, Saesee, Red ArcTrooper please pick those up as well. I only want one of each. Thanks.

mastermatt24
06-28-2004, 05:55 PM
I think that would be a WONDERFUL idea. You should email them and tell them that. I just won a loose SP Clone yesterday on ebay for 13.03... I cant wait to get it. Im sure its good and I would gladly buy more for RETAIL price.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-29-2004, 12:45 AM
I saw the SA wave (minus the Clone Trooper) :( at my local Rite Aids. The bad news is that they are $8 apiece, a bit pricy. The good news is that I haven't seen the wave much anywhere else, so I picked up a Kit Fisto and left 2 Tiins and an Obi-Wan for others. LMK, if you want either of them because I can get them for you for cost + shipping.

Kidhuman
06-29-2004, 09:30 AM
The 8 bucks isnt a bad price considering he won't be showing up for cheaper at retail anytime soon. If you get him through e-tailers or Ebay, they will cost more after shipping.

BUt yeah, I would love for this case to be re-released. I only had 5 bucks when I saw it and it went to the clone. Never got the other two myself.

droidekas2
06-29-2004, 09:26 PM
It is a really great idea. The kit is an awesome figure and I only have 2 of the trooper and would like more. It always seems funny how Hasbro drops it when they do something well. They need to put the trooper into a new assortment becasue it is probably too late, none of the brick + mortar stores would order any more of such an old case.

mastermatt24
06-29-2004, 10:22 PM
and I only have 2 of the trooper and would like more. mortar stores would order any
ONLY 2??!!! :crazed: Thats more than lots of people have. Be happy that you have them. I just bought one loose on eBaY and they said that I should have it by the end of the week. :D

JabbaGlob
06-30-2004, 02:33 PM
I can also vouch for CW wave 3 at Rite-Aid. I picked up a SA Clone Trooper at my local store in Michigan this past Monday. It was well worth the $8.

Jedi Teacher
06-30-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm not convinced that all of those figures have even been put on the shelves yet. Remember the Ep II sneak peak figs? My TRU has just "found" 2-3 cases of them, judging from what's on their shelves. :crazed: I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or so I find a ton of these clone wars figs. Granted, I don't want to wait that long. :frus:

I did find the Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin at my local Target, but have NEVER seen the SA clone trooper.

Droid
06-30-2004, 04:25 PM
I only have one SA Clonetrooper. I probably would buy at least five.

jedi master sal
07-01-2004, 02:11 PM
I count myself in the minority of people who was able to find these. While I didn't get the 50 or so I wanted, Yes 50 not 5, I did get 4 of them. Being an army builder was very tough for this fig. Of the four I have I was very lucky to get 3 kneeling and one running. I opened two and kept one of each variation on card. I'm not normally a carded collector but I know the rarity of this particular fig, so I kept two carded. I usually do that with the HTF figs. The first is always kept carded then if lucky enough to find a second, I decide which one I want to open.

I'm still holding out hope that the SA clone will be sold as a four pack. Whether through shopstarwars.com or an e-tailer.

Though my ultimate "fantasy" as an army builder would be to see them sold as a large set at a regular store like TRU.

See the pics for an Idea of what I mean!
or follow these links:
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Clone10pk_custom_Officer.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Clone10pk_custom_WHITE.jpg

If the links don't work, take off the http:// part of the link and try again.

Imagine being able to walk in and buy a set of 10 SA clones! or Red Battle Droids, etc. They could cut the price down to $40 (saving the consumer $10 if purchased as individual figs) because they wouldn't have to have them individually carded. I KNOW these would sell like crazy!

mastermatt24
07-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Is there anyone on the west coast who has found the cw stuff at a rite aid? :confused: I have been all over to many rite aids and havent found any trace of them. I only find old stuff like 8D8s and old saga hans...

Dr Zoltar
07-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Jedi Master Sal -- Brilliant! I'd buy a set in an instant. Why can't Hasbro come up with these ideas?

Mastermatt23 -- I live in Seattle, and only one Rite Aid has had clone wars figures. And all they had was a Yoda.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Just a note, my local Rite Aid had a sale of sorts on Star Wars figures. $6.99 for the figures instead of the normal $7.99. I bought a Saesee Tiin today, leaving one Obi-Wan and one Tiin. Still no sign of the SA trooper, but the Buffalo Metro Area has tons of Rite-Aids and I am going to visit as many as I can within the next week or so.

Kidhuman
07-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Sal that is a great idea. Too bad Hasbro wont do it.

mastermatt24
07-02-2004, 03:24 PM
My super poseable clone came yesterday! :D What a wonderfull figure. Only two complaints: 1) They shouldve given it the regular big gun insted of the tiny one, and 2) He has no holes in his feet and sometimes has trouble standing... But thats ok. I still like him for the clone he is, and I would buy him some more friends if I could find them.. :crazed:

OC47150
07-15-2004, 04:57 PM
I just picked up my first SA clone trooper from a fellow collector this past weekend for $6. I was pleased. Too bad he'll stay in the package.

This would be the perfect army-builder set.

Samuel Windu
07-21-2004, 07:36 AM
Sal that is a great idea. Too bad Hasbro wont do it.

Yeah,too bad :cry: I only have one SA Clone and want some more :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-29-2004, 12:58 AM
Yeah,too bad :cry: I only have one SA Clone

Hey be thankful with what you got! I know a few of us collectors who have searched in vain for that figure, and maybe one or two would kill you for it. :D