PDA

View Full Version : Wizard: Pick The Next Marvel Select Exclusive Figure!!!

Beast
06-28-2004, 06:22 AM
Wizard has a poll running that will decide on the next Diamond Select figure in the popular 'Marvel Select' figure line. There's five very tempting and interesting choices, and the winner will become an exclusive to be sold during the 2005 Wizard World Conventions. Which will take place next year in Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Dallas. And they want you to pick who it's going to be. So feel free to go vote, and also to tell and discuss who you voted for. I'm personally pushing for Astonishing X-Men Beast, even if it is the Kitty Cat version. I've been wanting a figure of that version. Too bad it's the Astonishing one, and they won't be able to pack 'Beak' in with him. :)

1. Thanos
2. Sandman
3. She-Hulk
4. Beast (Astonishing X-Men)
5. Wolverine (Days of Future Past)

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/toyfare.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Ack I really hope Beast isn't chosen, I don't want to have to pay the crazy Marvel Select prices. :( But if he is...welp, another figure to buy. :p

evenflow
06-28-2004, 04:33 PM
I really want to vote for Thanos, but I want him in Marvel Legends, not a Select. I think that as much as I want Thanos I will go with Sandman because I see Thanos in Marvel Legends before Sandman.

Beast
06-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. Especially since it will be a con exclusive. But the other four choices have a really good chance of being made in the normal Marvel Legends/Spider-Man Classic lines at some point. I doubt that they'd want to do a Kitty Cat Beast in Marvel Legends. :)

Reefer Shark
06-28-2004, 06:43 PM
I think I would vote for She-Hulk cause she's my least favorite character on the list.

I'm thinking along the same lines as Evenflow here = I really want to see most of these characters in the Marvel Legends line (especially Thanos).

Beast
06-28-2004, 07:04 PM
You know. I really miss the early 90's. Back when they were cranking out X-Men figures for the animated series and comics. We'd probably have gotten a boxset of the Astonishing X-Men versions, just to hype and tie into the Reloaded. I sorta wish Marvel Select would go more like DC Direct. Where we see full lines dedicated to major storylines. I'd love to see an Ultimate X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, hell even a New X-Men figure line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
06-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Well I went with Sandman after some thought. I figured that Marvel Select would do a better version of him, than what we could get in the Spider-Man Classics line.

Beast
07-11-2004, 01:07 AM
The poll is still going on, but it's off the main page now. Here's a direct link:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/chicago/WW20040624-tfsl.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
08-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Well, the winner was announced at Wizard World in Chicago. It's probably one of the better choices. But I'm hoping that Astonishing X-Men Beast still got enough votes that they consider doing him at some point. :)

Diamond Select: WWC: Marvel Select Voting
Posted by Nomad on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 07:55 AM GMT

In case you missed this completely, Diamond Select had a vote to see who we wanted as a future Marvel Select figure. It was a tough call, considering the characters we NEED...

But the votes were counted and Diamond Select revealed the new figure as She-Hulk! This was a piece I was fighting for. As you know, Marvel Select pieces tend to be based on a larger scale than Marvel Legends. With that in mind, I'd like to see characters that are supposed to loom over their smaller, super articulated counterparts added to the line. She-Hulk is PERFECT. The notice on display also said they will be showing the painted piece at Wizard World Texas.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
08-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Should be cool, I can't wait to see it.